AI aircraft at EDHL

Thread: AI aircraft at EDHL

AI aircraft at EDHL

I was trying to find a way to remove these ai aircraft from my Blankensee-Lubeck airfield. I have checked through the Scenery/World/scenery and could not find EDHL. Is there some other way to find this?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I can see a Ford Trimotor in the background, so im thinking thats the biggest clue. If you have any Ford Trimotor project scenery installed, you'll find the offending traffic file there. I cant help you any more as ive never installed any, so i dont know the file structure, but i'd bet good money, thats where you start looking

Stoney, I assume you have Blanckensee-Lubeck installed in a Golden Wings install. As I think the AI is from Golden Wings.

Sorry I'm not able to provide a solution, but I hope you will be able to find one with this clue. I assume the AI is hidden somewhere in a .bgl file.

Cheers,
    Huub

Id forgotten about Golden wing's, Huubs suggestion makes more sense

Thanks for the reply's guys. It is my GW3 install.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I reduced my AI traffic density to 11% and the civilian aircraft then disappeared. So... that's OK with me. I'd had it at 100% as I like to try and catch other aircraft and fly formation for a while.

Definitely GW's AI. I recognize every one of those AI planes.

You don't have to reduce your AI percentage, which kills your AI everywhere, to be rid of them at EDHL.

Simply edit the GW Flight Plans traffic file and remove every entry that contains EDHL as a start or destination airport. That will rid your EDHL of all that GW traffic without affecting any other airports.

It would be less tedious to just remove EDHL from the Airports file
    , but I don't know if that might confuse your system when it went looking for that airport for those flights. It might not matter; I'm just not sure. Removing the flights would definitely work without any adverse effects. (Then you could also remove the airport from the Airports file but that wouldn't be necessary.)

Hey thanks Mick! Now the embarrassing part, where are the GW flight plans (documents?) and how do I edit them. Sorry but I'm really new to flight plans and would like to learn the process.

Now using the TTOOLs program and trying to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Hey thanks Mick! Now the embarrassing part, where are the GW flight plans (documents?) and how do I edit them. Sorry but I'm really new to flight plans and would like to learn the process.
    It's nothing to be embarrassed about. We all start at the bottom of the learning curve.

Edit: Sorry! Got my Traffic Tools and yRoute confused. You don't need yRoute.

After they're decompiled with Traffic Tools, just open the Flight Plan file in Notepad and search for EDHL, and delete every line that contains that airport ID. Make sure to delete the entire line (which will wrap apound to a couple lines in Notepad, unless you un-select word wrap) and don't mess up the lines above or below them. Then recompile the Traffic file with Traffic Tools.

Be sure to save a copy of your original GW traffic file and of the decompiled text files, just in case you have to start over.
    Last edited by Mick; November 15th, 2020 at 08:23.

dont have gw3 installed but was going to offer my advice but this is a whole nother matter...

hope these abpve things help!!

Many thanks Mick, I'm checking the decompiled FlightPlan030528.txt to find all EDHL flight plans. Really like looking for the needle in a hay stack for sure Found four so far and these 74 year old eyes are doing their best.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Many thanks Mick, I'm checking the decompiled FlightPlan030528.txt to find all EDHL flight plans. Really like looking for the needle in a hay stack for sure Found four so far and these 74 year old eyes are doing their best.
    Easiest way is to use the find and replace function of Microsoft notepad.

Use it to replace EDHL with a n other Airport identifier, such as EDDM

rather than search out every line of code to remove and rename.

Ttfn

Pete

Stoney, when you use the method proposed by Motormouse, make sure you don't select another airfield done by Ian.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Easiest way is to use the find and replace function of Microsoft notepad.

Use it to replace EDHL with a n other Airport identifier, such as EDDM

rather than search out every line of code to remove and rename.

Ttfn

Pete
    Exactly. In Notepad, from the Edit menu, select Find and enter the airport code.

If you turn off Word Wrap, each flight plan will be one line and you can just delete each line that comes up when you Find the airport code.

You will also lose that aircraft at the other airports it visits, but you'll hardly notice. Anyway, AI traffic in GW is based in the traffic in FS2004. There were a lot fewer airplanes in the Golden Age, so GW traffic is heavier than it needs to be anyway.

I do that when I de-civilianize airports in my FS1954, to convert today's multi-use Reserve bases back to fully military bases.

Oh man! Thanks guys, I didn't know that was even a function of MS Notepad! And I've been using it for a LONG time. I did find eleven EDHL entries before the offending taxing Waco Cabin was eliminated. Now to locate the parked aircraft. One thing for sure, you're never to old to learn something new.

Thanks again! Stoney, Steve White

Thanks to you guys and what I've learned here, I've removed 30 flight plan entries with GW3 civilian aircraft from the Luftwaffe airfield at Blankensee-Lubeck. That note pad find thing was a REAL help. And now I know how to do it!

Members who have read this thread: 0