Hawker Audax for Fs9

Thread: Hawker Audax for Fs9

Hawker Audax for Fs9

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded the next version of the Hawker biplane series, the Audax. A 1930's RAF army liaison and recon biplane, which saw limited service in the desert campaigns in WWII. Fitted with a note pick-up system and crew of two.

And, here's a little bit of trivia, I've just found out, audax means a type of long-distance road cycling event in which participants must navigate a route within a specified period of time...so now you know!

With two texs, one from pre-war and the second from the North African desert in 1943. It has a animated note pick-up system and pilots head etc.

Cheers

Shessi

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=27221
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawker Audax Fs9 1.jpg  

Members +
    Awesome stuff, Shessi. Many thanks.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Nifty!

Thanks!

A companion for my 173 Sqn Avro Tutor, (173 sqn was the middle east communication squadron)...thanks

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Shessi (and Ted Cook).

According to my Latin dictionary Audax or Audac means bold or daring. The Italian long distance cycling event was named after that. Today the navigation part is simple. I just switch on my Garmin navigation system (yes also on the bicycle...)

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ... I just switch on my Garmin navigation system (yes also on the bicycle...)
    Cheers,
    Huub
    How I envy you youngsters! When I was 62 I too could ride a bicycle far enough to have use for a navigation system!

I still ride, but not far enough to get lost anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    How I envy you youngsters! When I was 62 I too could ride a bicycle far enough to have use for a navigation system!

I still ride, but not far enough to get lost anymore.
    In my normal cycling area I never get lost. I use my navigation system mainly for cycling trips abroad. And although I'm just 62, my speed isn't what it used to be, endurance isn't a problem yet. So the Audax is more than welcome...

Cycling is still the best way to empty my head for me. Last week I suddenly noticed I was humming a single children's song I sang for my granddaughter the day before. No worries about work, health, covid-19, etc. The mind empty enough to allow it to be taken by nothing more than Jack and Jill who went up the hill......

Cheers,
    Huub

It's my favorite form of outdoor exercise. I really enjoy off road riding on my mountain bike, and I live right next to a big park with many trails through the woods. I also ride quite often on the rail trail network, paved trails built over abandoned rail lines. I don't know if you have those in Europe, where I think you've been smart enough to keep your trains running. There is a rail train that passes very close to my home. I'm strictly a recreational rider so I don't ride on the streets and roads. When I was a little baby kid my mother taught me not to play in traffic, and I still follow that advice.

Bugger push bikes. We've got an electric city bike and 2 motorbikes each! You can peddle the electric bikes, but if you get too far from home, it's an easy ride back...and google maps if you're not quite sure where you've got to.....

It all started with a refurbished Ted Cook model by Shessi and somehow we ended here.... . I can't imagine Hawker named the plane after a bicycle race, so it must be 'daring or bold"...

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon23

Although Huub the first audax cycle race was in 1897....

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Yes, of course it's the latin meaning...but who likes a clever ar*e! ha ha

Members who have read this thread: 0