Update 1.10.11.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update 1.10.11.0

Update 1.10.11.0

Ok, another one...
    Wonder why do I have to go to Store, download 900 plus Mg and then another 1.40 GiB...
    Stay Safe

Beaufighter, I tried to update through the store but no joy. During the download a message appears that there is an error, to try again later. I have had every Microsoft Flight Simulator version from the beginning. I also have all the P3D versions as well. The MSFS 2020 leaves me very disappointed. I find it very difficult to fly. Maybe this is because I am use to the old Flight Simulator and P3D versions. Anyway my two cents.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I did the update, most of the bugs seem cured. The sensitivity curves are fixed but I noticed that the bubble (the dot cursor) is a little off to one side on both the stick axis but when I crossed check that with the calibration, it's a bug & false indication within that indicator in the sensitivity settings. Just ignore it. The A320's control and flight oscillation issue is mostly fixed but I still detect a hair of the issue still left. The tendency for the wing to drop during flair is still there but not as pronounced as before. I need to do a lot of test checking of this update. So far so good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

21gb in and still downloading here!

The Store update is the core, which gives you your new version # - it's the segment in the Content Manager that always says restart to update. The rest is all of the other stuff like Aircraft folders and ATC UI files. They always update the "Big Files" stuff too, but I'm not sure what's included in those.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The liveries but should now be resolved too.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Beaufighter, I tried to update through the store but no joy. During the download a message appears that there is an error, to try again later. I have had every Microsoft Flight Simulator version from the beginning. I also have all the P3D versions as well. The MSFS 2020 leaves me very disappointed. I find it very difficult to fly. Maybe this is because I am use to the old Flight Simulator and P3D versions. Anyway my two cents.
    Hi Tom, no problem here with the update, everything seems good.
    Tom Clayton, thanks for the explanation about why 2 downloads...
    all the best

Is anyone finding a very slow load and launch of the game after all of these service paks?

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

After a second try, all went well. Don't notice any slow down with the updates. Hopefully FSUIPC will join with sim-connect and load automatically as a dll. I would love to be able to set up my joystick the way I have in in FSX and P3D.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Still no mouse rectangles in legacy aircraft VCs.

Dino's MB-339 is back to 100% though.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I find it very difficult to fly. Maybe this is because I am use to the old Flight Simulator and P3D versions. Anyway my two cents.
    Which flight model are you running. I think "Legacy" is only intended for port-overs, but "Modern" works much​ better with the stock planes.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Have you played with your controller sensitivities? General concensus, and my own experience, is that you should start by reducing it to 50%, and then you can play with your curves for more detail after that. I didn't, I just reduced my Logitech Extreme and CH Yoke to 50% and was done with it. I did play with the limits a bit on the CH Yoke.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Is anyone finding a very slow load and launch of the game after all of these service paks?

-d
    Replying to my own post. I removed all 3rd party ad-ons in the community folder except the few payware ORBX and Dino's aircraft. Load time is like back to normal, about 2 minutes to get to the launch screen. Also my Marketplace and content folders were not opening. I'm going through and removeing a lot of 3rd party freeware now to see where the blockage is.

- d

Replying to my own post. I removed all 3rd party ad-ons in the community folder except the few payware ORBX and Dino's aircraft. Load time is like back to normal, about 2 minutes to get to the launch screen. Also my Marketplace and content folders were not opening. I'm going through and removeing a lot of 3rd party freeware now to see where the blockage is.

- d
    If your Manage Content isn't working, that's typically a sign that there's a misformed manifest.json. You'll have to review each one and look for bad xml grammar (missing or too many commas, bad structure, etc..).

Although, given we just got a new update, it could be anything. It seems they break something with each update. I don't know that I've ever seen such bad quality management in code. It must be REALLY early alpha code throughout missing all kinds of structures. They must be adding features at lightning speed.

hen th

-d
    Mine won't load. Stops at 90%, just plays music. No picture (black screen.) Removed community folder, (only had ORBX San Jose International in it.) Same same.

Original download and install from store went smoothly, as well as start up and download of 90% of updates, (1.37GB of the 1.4GB updates.) Then one file would not install, repeatedly downloading, unpacking, and installing, moving the progress bar to 1.38GB, then quickly backing up to 1.37GB, downloading, unpacking, and installing the same file again. It had done this for about 15-20 minutes before I realized what was happening. I closed the program, then restarted it, and it successfully started and went to the update screen and finished updating. Since then it won't load.

It was working fine while in version 1.10.7.0. Never would update to the 1.10.8.0
    Last edited by modelr; November 11th, 2020 at 16:07. Reason: version numbers
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    If your Manage Content isn't working, that's typically a sign that there's a misformed manifest.json. You'll have to review each one and look for bad xml grammar (missing or too many commas, bad structure, etc..).

Although, given we just got a new update, it could be anything. It seems they break something with each update. I don't know that I've ever seen such bad quality management in code. It must be REALLY early alpha code throughout missing all kinds of structures. They must be adding features at lightning speed.

I've narrowed it down to a few freewares.

Has anyone else noticed that the landclass has been completely broken by 1.10.11.0? Up until this version, the landscape in the northeast from Northwest Boston up through NH was spot on up until this version. I loved flying in MSFS because it was nearly perfect, I could recognize everything. Now I don't recognize what it looks like at all anymore, farm land where there isn't any, no trees if there is any concentration of homes, the tree locations are completely wrong, the trees are too short. It's awful. I may have to go back to FSX.

This kind of happened after the first update, in a different way, I lost trees in a particular area that had trees previously. The only solution was to uninstall and reinstall. I'm thinking I may have to do it again.

Interestingly, the choice for photogrammetry is on but grayed out. Seems like something is up in my data downloading.

Has anyone else noticed that the landclass has been completely broken by 1.10.11.0? Up until this version, the landscape in the northeast from Northwest Boston up through NH was spot on up until this version. I loved flying in MSFS because it was nearly perfect, I could recognize everything. Now I don't recognize what it looks like at all anymore, farm land where there isn't any, no trees if there is any concentration of homes, the tree locations are completely wrong, the trees are too short. It's awful. I may have to go back to FSX.

This kind of happened after the first update, in a different way, I lost trees in a particular area that had trees previously. The only solution was to uninstall and reinstall. I'm thinking I may have to do it again.

Interestingly, the choice for photogrammetry is on but grayed out. Seems like something is up in my data downloading.

Supposidly, there is a U.S. update coming, like the one for Japan. Maybe that's what has caused the change or you are not getting the full bing experience. I have found it off a few times. Water still looks less detailed than it did at launch. If you run ultra like I do, that first big update lessoned the experience somewhat. Found the folder that was causing me problems. A New Zeland water correction fix of all things.

- d

Supposidly, there is a U.S. update coming, like the one for Japan. Maybe that's what has caused the change or you are not getting the full bing experience. I have found it off a few times. Water still looks less detailed than it did at launch. If you run ultra like I do, that first big update lessoned the experience somewhat. Found the folder that was causing me problems. A New Zeland water correction fix of all things.

- d
    It looks like I'm having a server connection issue. And it likely started with the update. I did notice a hiccup when I started to try to install the new update.

After trying the whole logout and login/create a new password fix, but nothing changed. The last time I had an issue was after the first update, and the only fix was to reinstall the game. But that time it went smoothily. So I tried uninstalling the software, but it only uninstalled the app, it left the main install. And then, when I tried reinstalling, it never asked where to install it, only which disk to install it (when I installed it the second time, during the main software install, it asked where to put it, and I put it at D:\FS2020.). Then it wanted to start the game (I was expecting to do the huge install), and it popped up a window asking me to put in the game disk, and it didn't let me tell it where the software was. So I killed it. Now when I try to start the game, I get the japanese update pictures, and then it stops and says it's unable to connect to the server (I live outside Boston, MA) and my only choice is to quit. Looks like my whole install is hosed. I guess I'm going to have to call support.

I tried adding the xbox app to my pc. I logged in to it, then tried starting the software, same thing.

SOH-CM-2023

Make sure the BING data is on.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Make sure the BING data is on.
    I tried uninstalling, and now it's complaining it can't contact the servers. So something is screwed up. I tried logging out rebooting and logging in, I changed my password, I installed the X-box app on my computer. I'm logging into my account just fine, but there is something blocking MSFS from installing, and I can't uninstall the whole package. I tried to repair the install, I tried resetting it. Off to Google....

So... It sounds like I've run into some "data cap" issue that they're aware of, I guess we all have some cap on data transfer, that's supposed to get reset every month, but they've found an issue where it's not getting reset... I'm running through the repair steps now.

I'm all fixed up. I followed the directions on this page

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...-error-message

and it fixed my content servers access problem. It looks like something got corrupted when I tried to install the 1.10.11.0 update the first time.

Well, the update got properly installed, and I can run the software again.... I'll be checking it out for real after work.

Thanks for that link. I've started a Zendesk links list for things such as this. It's in the stickies section.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Oh, and @jimjones, thanks for the tip. Apparently, somewhere along the way, MSFS did turn off Bing data on me, and it was still off even after I successfully applied the latest update. Turning it back on brought back photogrammetry.

Members who have read this thread: 0