UIRES SCREENS_The Western Front-1914-1918

Thread: UIRES SCREENS_The Western Front-1914-1918

UIRES SCREENS_The Western Front-1914-1918

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 - UIRES and screens

Description: UIRES SCREENS FOR CFS2 WESTERN FRONT 1914-1918<br>COVERING GERMAN, BRITISH AND COMMONWEALTH, FRENCH, AMERICAN AND BELGIAN AIR SERVICES<br><br>This set of UIRES screens covers ten of the eleven air services which saw service along the Western Front during World War One:<br>Royal Flying Corps, Luftstreitkrafte, Ryal Naval Air Service, Imperial German Naval Air Service, Aviation Militaire, Aviation Militaire Belge, United States Air Service, United States Naval Air Service, Australian Flying Corps and Royal Air Force.<br><br>INSTALLATION<br>The enclosed folders have been set up to allow for different needs. Some of you will want screens covering all ten “countries”. Some will want a selection of two or three air services. I have accommodated this choice by making a separate folder for each air service. There are separate folders for screens which are non-country and for ranks and decorations. If you don't fly campaigns the ranks and decorations folder can be ignored.<br><br>Not included in this pack is a revised callsign.dat file. That is to come.<br><br>Before you install any files from this pack, back up your existing UIRES folder and country.cfg, as well as the opareas and outcomes.dat files from your INFO folder.<br><br>Special thanks to Scott Johnson (TheB24Guy) for his systematic search for errors and mismatches between the country.cfg entries and the screens. If there are any errors or omissions remaininthey are, course, mine. <br>Thanks also to Kurt Schwabauer (Captain Kurt) for helping me to find my way around the UIRES folder and for pointing out its possibilities and limitations.<br>Thanks to Kevin Driver, Martin.Klein and Aleatorylamp for test driving these screens in their various incarnations and for their many helpful observations.<br><br>This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.<br><br>Good Flights,<br>Mike Lang (Ravenna)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit UIRES SCREENS_The Western Front-1914-1918
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Super looking. You've put a lot of work into these.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

OMG...what happened to the text?! My punctuation and paragraphs have gone west.

It looks like you copied the text again from the upload which also copied the html coding for spaces, paragraphs etc.....
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

That's what comes from trying to do three things at once. Can we restore the plain text?

Many thanks for these, gents! A very welcome addition that fills a big hole for WW1.

Cheers
    BuV

Don't mind the text, the results are what counts! SUPER!

Many thanks,

hertzie.

Many thanks Mike for all this work to propose those lovely screens

Cheers, and keep safe
    Martin Klein

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    That's what comes from trying to do three things at once. Can we restore the plain text?
    Yup. You should still be able to click the edit post box at the bottom of the post and re-enter the text.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Yup. You should still be able to click the edit post box at the bottom of the post and re-enter the text.
    After a day or two the edit post box disappears. Not to worry. You get the general idea.

One major omission: many thanks to UncleTgt for his ribbed wing textures, used as the base for most of the screens. The originals are very fine work.

Hi Ravenna
    Great work with all the screens.
    Thanks also to everyone involved.
    Take Care
    Stuart

Hi Ravenna,
    I really like the ones I have checked out so far.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Looks like I'm going back to 14-18 again. Great stuff Ravenna! Beautiful pics.

Thanks guys. Martin Klein has come up with information on rank insignia for the French 'Aviation Maritime', so eventually there will be a set for that service.

Icon22 Reply...

Ravenna,

Very, very nice job on these! When I'm able to fly CFS2 again, I will make sure to put together a WWI install!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Rami,

Thanks. I'd like to do some flying for a change! I'm lost somewhere inside PSP

Members who have read this thread: 0