India fox techno MB339
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: India fox techno MB339

India fox techno MB339

I have purchased & installed this download & 4 liveries by Jan Kees Bloom. All installed by the enclosed instructions. Trouble is the only liveries that show up are the first one from the download. T he others from the download show up in the liveries column. The 4 others do not nor do any of them except show up in the simulator. All I can fly is the first one from thr download. All others default to the download. What am I doing wrong?TIA

You're not doing anything wrong, Asobo made some changes with the latest update to the way liveries work. Now each livery must also have a matching model folder, for example if you have a "TEXTURE.JK_RNZAF" folder, you also need a "MODEL.JK_RNZAF" folder with a model.cfg inside that aliases the actual model folder. you also need to modify the "model=" line in the aircraft.cfg to suit. The layout.json will also need updating. Lot of work for a pointless change.
    Developers and repainters will need to update their uploads to be compliant.

Thank You. The more I play with this "game" the more I realize it's a POS.

Talk about making things difficult!

Almost feels like it's been done by design.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

What can one do to fix the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Relax and wait for the next update. Supposedly fixed.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

And I'm working on updated files that should work, and that can be dropped in the community folder as well, just a bit more patience..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

one can upload the latest versions at flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/profile/jankees

I've made them compatible with the stupid update and while I was at it, I finally figured out how to make the MB339 paints work with drag & drop. Have fun!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Great news Jan, thanks for the skins and extra work.

Once Jan comes to the rescue of the unwashed. WAY TO GO JAN!

Once Jan comes to the rescue of the unwashed. WAY TO GO JAN!
    JanKees actually, and with a new paint as well:
    jk8431

Sorry Jan Kees. Still got a problem When I pick an aircraft livery only the default livery shows up. This happens on whatever aircraft I pick. Anybody got any ideas as to what is wrong? Very Frustrating Game.

Sorry Jan Kees. Still got a problem When I pick an aircraft livery only the default livery shows up. This happens on whatever aircraft I pick. Anybody got any ideas as to what is wrong? Very Frustrating Game.
    I think you'll have to wait for an update by India fox techno of the model itself.

New model folders need to be added and the layout and manifest json files need to be adapted accordingly. That's quite a bit of work.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I think you'll have to wait for an update by India fox techno of the model itself.

New model folders need to be added and the layout and manifest json files need to be adapted accordingly. That's quite a bit of work.

Priller
    I've added all the model folders etc, as you say, quite a bit of work, and in my sim they now show up in the hangar.
    You'll need to delete all my old work and install the new ones that I uploaded on flightsim.to, not the ones here in the library (which I did not update, sorry).

I installed JanKees latest updates as He stated above. The same things happen; no livery pictures, no livery paints when the aircraft is changed fron one livery to another. I believe it is in either the MSFS program or the India fox techno MB339 program. I'll wain for the next update.

Odd? It all works on my end.
    Mind you, restarting the sim (and my computer) was necessary.
    What does no longer work for me is restarting the flight to see texture changes, I now have to restart the sim every time I change something in the textures, really annoying...

I have downloaded & installed the latest update (11-11-2020 EDT) on my system. The following downloads do not show up except as a black & white image, nor does the thumbnail show up. The affected MB339A aircraft are : DRAKEN; I-NOVE; GHANA AF; STDS_PIRATE; STDS_POT;
    Don't know why but they do not work on my computer.

a black & white image? it gets weirder and weirder.
    I heard to some people had the in-your-face-pilot problem with some of my other paints after the last update, so I uploaded yet even newer versions on flightsim.to yesterday, but if they don't sort their sim soon, I may go back to P3D, where you only have to upload a repaint once for it to work flawlessly...
    So Jim, I suggest you remove all of my paints, download the latest versions from flightsim.to and try again. I fear that's the best I can do...
    Oh and I-NOVE now goes to the PAN version:

I mentioned this on the flightsim.to page for the RCAF MB-339, but I solved all of my model/pilot issues by removing all references to the model in the repaint folder and just using the textures, since the latest patch resolved the issues with repaints requiring model folders in the package.

In summary: Deleted model.JK_RCAF, updated aircraft.cfg to point to default model (model="") and updated the layout.json file to reflect the changes that I made. Back to working as it should.

Thanks again to jankees for the great RCAF paint.

The liveries that I mentioned above have not been updated as 11-11-2020 12:20 PM EDT.
    I'll wait a day to see if new ones show up; if not then I'll not look for them any more. Thanks for your help JanKees & everyone else.

I have downloaded & installed the latest update (11-11-2020 EDT) on my system. The following downloads do not show up except as a black & white image, nor does the thumbnail show up. The affected MB339A aircraft are : DRAKEN; I-NOVE; GHANA AF; STDS_PIRATE; STDS_POT;
    Don't know why but they do not work on my computer.
    I just checked on simmarket and there it is still v1.0

Where did you get the update?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I believe JanKees has updated them. See the threads above.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    I mentioned this on the flightsim.to page for the RCAF MB-339, but I solved all of my model/pilot issues by removing all references to the model in the repaint folder and just using the textures, since the latest patch resolved the issues with repaints requiring model folders in the package.

In summary: Deleted model.JK_RCAF, updated aircraft.cfg to point to default model (model="") and updated the layout.json file to reflect the changes that I made. Back to working as it should.

Thanks again to jankees for the great RCAF paint.
    This is exactly why I didn't bother updating any of my repaints.
    1. the fix was created by users who happened to discover something that worked, but nobody knew why it worked.
    2. Asobo never said anything about needing it, and they also didn't even acknowledge directly the problem they caused.

So I figured they'd eventually fix what they caused. Which in turn would likely break other things.

Asobo I don't believe has even prescribed exactly how to create a repaint, or add any other change to a plane, what works has basically been discovered by trying "stuff". I really want an SDK entry on how to create a livery, or any other addition to an existing airplane. Because I have yet to find a good method that works across all planes. And if you look around, you can see a lot of ways that creators have created liveries.

so annoying...

I waited for them to change it, but got some many comments that I spent a day adapting things, only to find new problems, adopting those and they change everything back.....grrrr

Members who have read this thread: 0