Khalkhin-Gol Incident-USSR - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Khalkhin-Gol Incident-USSR

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    RWILLS: You are building an IJAAF Nomonkan/Khalkhin-Gol campaign, right? Why don't you start a separate tread for it, so we don't confuse everyone? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your interest and the work you have done for the IJAAF side.

Yes - I was sort of thinking the same thing - I've basically got the Japanese side sorted for myself a long time ago, but it needs tidying up before it goes on here - also I think it would be good though to make it as compatible as possible with your new Russian campaign, in terms of not having to install loads of extra/different aircraft!!

Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    Yes - I was sort of thinking the same thing - I've basically got the Japanese side sorted for myself a long time ago, but it needs tidying up before it goes on here - also I think it would be good though to make it as compatible as possible with your new Russian campaign, in terms of not having to install loads of extra/different aircraft!!
    That is good. Compatibility would be great, but I am mainly concerned with repairs or fixes for the USSR version. Additions? Only as required. If you like; I'll test those airbases on my install. Do yovu have scenery .bgls and textures for them?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you for this nice campaign. I installed it,took the campaign and mission files from Xaviers original japanese campaign an installed in yours, Installed the actual ac's, changed the country cfg and installed the jap.uiries, an off we fly!!!. Both jap an russian campaigns in the same install. It might not be the optimal solution, but since I am a "fighterman" I care mainly about the battle itself, not so much about details.In dogfights you can't care too much about the scenery anyway. Killer Svend

Great Killer Svend! I hope you enjoy.

I just uploaded some changes - changes to 4 missions (non essential) and the d/l links to the Global Surface Water packages. I encourage any and all users, who have a problem, to post it here and I'll get right on it. The missions are identified by title ID. Mission titles look like: Khalkhin-Gol_SOV_CA-BaseDef-I-16a where the CA is the title ID. Post that along with your question and I can go directly to the mission(s).

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Great Killer Svend! I hope you enjoy.

I just uploaded some changes - changes to 4 missions (non essential) and the d/l links to the Global Surface Water packages. I encourage any and all users, who have a problem, to post it here and I'll get right on it. The missions are identified by title ID. Mission titles look like: Khalkhin-Gol_SOV_CA-BaseDef-I-16a where the CA is the title ID. Post that along with your question and I can go directly to the mission(s).

Cheers:

SW07

I did have some serious issues with the Ki-30 bomb/weapons load, - which I've sorted for myself with a new .dp
    It's possible that since this is an AI plane that the same problems I had, are not noticeable? (CA-BaseDef-I-153b is the mission)

I did have some serious issues with the Ki-30 bomb/weapons load, - which I've sorted for myself with a new .dp
    It's possible that since this is an AI plane that the same problems I had, are not noticeable? (CA-BaseDef-I-153b is the mission)

To clarify that - my CFS2 didn't like the weapons/bombs pack that comes with the Ki-30 and I got" failure to initialize" messages - so simply changed the .dp file to allow it to carry equivalent bombs (had to modify the hardpoints as well though to match the substitute bombs). - Not sure though if there is anything wrong with that weapons pack, or if it's just clashing with something else that I already have installed?

I've found that both the I-152 and I-153 give the same problem with the cockpit panel - when I look left/right etc the screen just goes blank/grey, and I have to use Esc, and then close/restart cfs2 in order to get things working again.

Maybe specific aircraft problems/fixes would be better in a seperate thread??, - let me know?

I did have some serious issues with the Ki-30 bomb/weapons load, - which I've sorted for myself with a new .dp It's possible that since this is an AI plane that the same problems I had, are not noticeable? (CA-BaseDef-I-153b is the mission)
    Good day sir: It should not matter as the Ki-30 is AI and a target. However, I see some room for improvement for that mission and will get to it today. Thank you.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

No complaints? Good! I hope you all enjoy. I will be posting some screen shots as I blast my way across Mongolia and Manchuria. Cheers...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I decided to fly my own campaign, taking a few screenies as I go. From Mission 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EX_0491.jpg   EX_0501.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Mission 5: got 3 but soon after collided with another Ki-27 , so I'll fly it over again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KhG_064.jpg   KhG_065.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Flew it again. This time I got 4 , but lost a good wingman in the process. The screenshots are of the same kill. different angles.

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KhG_066.jpg   KhG_067.jpg   KhG_068.jpg   KhG_069.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I haven't forgotten you all. I am trying to get in a successful mission 6 and get a screenshot or 2. I got shot down behind friendly lines in central Mongolia in mission 5. Fortunately I was rescued by a submarine and returned to fight again I was surprised to learn that the Mongolians had submarines as early as 1939. I was lucky I guess...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Anyway, for the next mission we went in low and fast with medium bombers and raised hell...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KhG_071.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Then came a follow up mission. We dropped light bombs on and strafed enemy positions and when fighters came up to oppose us, we took care of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KhG_072.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Rockets away! (Was trying to get the pontoon bridge , but I'll take all the motor transport instead. ) My wingmen got the bridge!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KhG_075.jpg   KhG_076.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 1