Warbird for Christmas

Thread: Warbird for Christmas

Warbird for Christmas

Will I get one or not? Got to say much as I love the new sim I really am desperate to try a lovely WWII legend in this superb environment. I see the Spitfire is a wip but recent claims that people prefer airliners or bush planes is disturbing.

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Will I get one or not? Got to say much as I love the new sim I really am desperate to try a lovely WWII legend in this superb environment. I see the Spitfire is a wip but recent claims that people prefer airliners or bush planes is disturbing.

Stay Safe
    I wouldn't worry about that so much, SGS. Given Dino's extremely beautiful and very popular MB-339 i bet there's a good chance we'll even have a choice between a few carefully reworked, port-over warbirds before this years' xmas. Looking forward to the first DC-3/C-47 myself.

Btw, don't you think 'Warbird for Christmas' is actually an oxymoron ?...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that so much, SGS. Given Dino's extremely beautiful and very popular MB-339 i bet there's a good chance we'll even have a choice between a few carefully reworked, port-over warbirds before this years' xmas. Looking forward to the first DC-3/C-47 myself.

Btw, don't you think 'Warbird for Christmas' is actually an oxymoron ?...
    Actually I thought after posting that it looked like clickbait!

I think there will be more Turkeys than warbirds (and I don't mean for eating...).
    As Microsoft won't allow aircraft with visible weapons on the Store the market is limited and we might have to look to our own resources for most.
    Many people don't approve of imports...but I've got a dozen imported historic military aircraft that look brilliant and fly either well or at least OK.
    Can't remember when I last flew a default plane...
    Cheers
    Keith

What Microsoft allows in it's store is irrelevant. We will still be able to purchase them from the same vendors where we have always purchased them. The Dora for MSFS is being worked on as we speak. There were previews somewhere down the forums within the past week. Not to mention DC, besides Dino, is bringing his work here as well.

No weapons allowed! Does this include gun barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    What Microsoft allows in it's store is irrelevant. We will still be able to purchase them from the same vendors where we have always purchased them. The Dora for MSFS is being worked on as we speak. There were previews somewhere down the forums within the past week. Not to mention DC, besides Dino, is bringing his work here as well.
    True, what I was trying to suggest was that many developers will want the maximum exposure for their products and thus target the MS Store.
    For sure some will be happy with a smaller market, haven't seen the Dora but AH's Spitfire 1a (.303's hidden in the wings behind red XMAS patches ) will hopefully be out for the big day and on the MS Store.
    DC suggested he was going to focus on WW-2 era props too for now, due to the deficiencies in the current SDK I think.
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    I think there will be more Turkeys than warbirds (and I don't mean for eating...).
    If i'd have the stamina i'd take our Turkey ( MAAM TBM/F) and flutter its feathers dry for use in MSFS...

As Microsoft won't allow aircraft with visible weapons on the Store
    Really ??.... Never heard of that... What about Gears, Halo, that sort of thing ? That's Microsoft too, right, loaded with weapons.. Remarkable.. Apart from the hypocrisy, no problem at all, is it.

Could the No Weapons statement only refer to only the MSFS Marketplace?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The "no visible weapons" thing is only for the MSFS Marketplace. That is because of the E rating. There is nothing stopping 3rd-party developers from releasing combat aircraft for MSFS, with weapons and all, on their own websites or through other vendor websites, and MS/Asobo openly encourages that as well. This has been covered in threads here already, and of course on the main MSFS Forum.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Jan Visser,

I am totally with you: Can't wait to have a DC-3/C-47 in my FS2o20 hangar.

Any maybe some others, like the Connie
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

We can confirm that the Spitfire and the DC3 are firmly in production. Timing at this stage? Sorry, I can't say just yet. Lots to do...

Oh on the subject of droppable loads, anyone wondered that the ruling might be because they are harbouring a "combat"version (CFS4?) for down the track? A sure-fire sitter for XBox....

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Any maybe some others, like the Connie
    Now you're gonna make me drool!

If I may humbly suggest... One version with a historically accurate flight deck, and another as might be seen in a restored model. The stock GNS530 with a basic autopilot could possibly be incorporated somehow. I'd not only pay money for that, but I'd fly the wings off of it!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Please could somebody do a C130 H,K,J I don't care . The sim world could do with a decent Herc.Any chance Aeroplane Heaven ???? I think Milviz had one planned for P3D , but I don't know what's happened to that. It would be great to see one in MSFS2020.

Stay Safe
    I can't finish this one in time for Christmas I'm afraid, unless somebody knows how to make time slow down, but she will be available in early 2021 ( Q1 ). Image taken in my modelling software of progress so far;

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P47.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

NOW we're talking!!
    Please give it a good texture layout for painting!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We can confirm that the Spitfire and the DC3 are firmly in production. Timing at this stage? Sorry, I can't say just yet. Lots to do... Oh on the subject of droppable loads, anyone wondered that the ruling might be because they are harbouring a "combat"version (CFS4?) for down the track? A sure-fire sitter for XBox....
    I hope not. If I want a combat sim, I can go fly DCS. I just want to be able to fly actual combat aircraft anywhere in the world, in a similar manner to how they patrol now. I'm not looking to fly actual combat, as I did that online for years. I get enough stress at work, I don't need it from a sim as well, lol. I like the workable weapons for training. But if we can't have TacPack in MSFS, at least we can have some mil planes for those of us who enjoy flying them.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I can't finish this one in time for Christmas I'm afraid, unless somebody knows how to make time slow down, but she will be available in early 2021 ( Q1 )

O.M.G......

I can't finish this one in time for Christmas I'm afraid, unless somebody knows how to make time slow down, but she will be available in early 2021 ( Q1 ). Image taken in my modelling software of progress so far;

Hi Dean, we find that with the Panaristi models being good, his pilots are a tad on the small side. Also on the P47 here, there are a few details he's got wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Dean, we find that with the Panaristi models being good, his pilots are a tad on the small side. Also on the P47 here, there are a few details he's got wrong.
    The pilot was an easy fix, I noticed it pretty quickly. The worst thing about conversions is usually the texture mapping, but this one's spot on, fortunately. Onward
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

The pilot was an easy fix, I noticed it pretty quickly. The worst thing about conversions is usually the texture mapping, but this one's spot on, fortunately. Onward
    Actually, new Eagle Squadron pilots used to say they had to unbuckle and run around the cockpit for evasive action in combat!

Actually, new Eagle Squadron pilots used to say they had to unbuckle and run around the cockpit for evasive action in combat!
    Having stood next to a couple of restored P-47's, I can attest to their rather large size. When they first deployed to England, RAF pilots did not believe they were fighters due to their gargantuan proportions as opposed to the petite Spitfire and Bf-109.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

They are big but in the model that Dean has chosen to use for his project , the pilot's head is smaller than the gunsight !

If you look into other models from this modeller ( not Dean but the original modellers ) you'll see it's an issue for other subjects as well.But Dean has said he is going to make the changes that are required here and in other areas of the model so thumbsup.

Members who have read this thread: 0