FSX Steam

Thread: FSX Steam

FSX Steam

Old system died today so I had to get a new one. Tried to install FSX Steam and get a"side by side" error when trying to start it. Never had this with Windows 7. Ihave tried everything I could find online to no avail. Anyone here have any ideas?

Did I say Windows 10 sucks. I set up system as I liked it, then updates happened and everything I had done was erased. Love it...NOT.
    Matt

SOH-CM-2023
    Yes when my son 'upgraded' me from W8.1 to W 10 a couple of months ago I had side by side errors. Eventually traced to back to a Microsoft visual 2005 C++Redistributal - x64. There are two with the same title but one is 6.88 MB & the other is 6.83 MB, I have both installed, & I cannot remember which one worked, (think it was the larger). Sorry cannot be more help ) There is a forum covering it but it does not complete the story, although I did put a comment on it - sorry again can't remember where it was!
    Good luck & hope this helps you.
    Keith

Thank you! Thank you! It was indeed Microsoft visual 2005 C++Redistributal - x64 and Microsoft visual 2005 C++Redistributal - x32 (both need to be installed}. Several online links were dead, but one site said to look in the various install directories and yes, I found all of them in one of the install directories and ran them all. Two had not been installed and when the others offered to repair the install I clicked that option. All is working now.
    Last edited by aeronca1; October 31st, 2020 at 09:55.
    Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0