AI Fdg2 P-51B 355th

Thread: AI Fdg2 P-51B 355th

AI Fdg2 P-51B 355th

Hello All,

I-ve downloaded the AI_Fdg2_P-51B_355th.zip, converted it to FSX and I'm using it for my AI Military prop Traffic.

I'm very happy with the plane, been looking for an AI P51-B Mustang for a long time and finding it here was a very pleasant surprise for me. Thank you so much for this awesome fighter, Captain Kurt.

I have two inquiries about it : the .MDL file lists a prop_us.bmp file that is not part of the zip I've downloaded. Would it be possible to include it, please ? I'm currently using a prop blur from another AI Warbird that I have, the best I could find in my files, but as you can see on the enclosed pic, it does'nt look good with the Mustang. It's much too opaque and that's not mentionning the trees that show through the blur.

My second inquiry is about painting. There are two bomb or whatever supports under the wings, see the pic, that I can't paint because I couldn't find them on the bitmaps provided with the zip. They appear all black.

Unless they're painted from the .MDL file, could you please be kind to tell me where they are on the bitmaps ?

Than you so much for your kind cooperation.

Pierre_NC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HEX_Edito FDG_P51Br.jpg   AI_Fdg2_P-51B_355th_prop.jpg   AI_Fdg2_P-51B_355th.jpg  

That prop texture is a default CFS2 texture, might be in FS2002/4 also, can't remember.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prop_us.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not sure about the pylon painting issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    That prop texture is a default CFS2 texture, might be in FS2002/4 also, can't remember.
    Thank you. Gonna get a prop from an original FSX plane and see what happens.

FYI, that is the actual CFS2 file, you should be able to download it and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    FYI, that is the actual CFS2 file, you should be able to download it and use it.
    Yep, doing good, thank you so much, DR.

First off, the model is by Fighter Design Group 2, no credit to me. I had permission to modify the flight files, repaint it, and update the 2D panel a bit; and it was used in a CFS2 campaign. DR is correct, it uses the prop file he posted above.

The drop tank pylons are not textured which is why you aren't finding anything to paint. The color is set in the model itself. I'm not sure why they would show up black in FS2004. In CFS2 they are a white shade color.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    First off, the model is by Fighter Design Group 2, no credit to me. I had permission to modify the flight files, repaint it, and update the 2D panel a bit; and it was used in a CFS2 campaign. DR is correct, it uses the prop file he posted above.

The drop tank pylons are not textured which is why you aren't finding anything to paint. The color is set in the model itself. I'm not sure why they would show up black in FS2004. In CFS2 they are a white shade color.
    Thank you so much, CK. And even though uou didn't make the model, you did post the plane so I could get it. So thank you again and thanks to FDG for making such a great plane.

Pierre_NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post

If you have ModelConverterX you could try finding the model part and assigning it a texture file. You can then paint it the correct colour. If it has no colour or texture file set, in FSX it will show up black.

DaveQ

PS I've just had a quick look at an FDG P-51B model for CSF2; if it's the same one the pylons are set to a texture 'p-51D_t', which is not included in the texture folder. That would explain why it shows up black. If you can make a .bmp file of that name of the right colour it'll fix the problem.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    If you have ModelConverterX you could try finding the model part and assigning it a texture file. You can then paint it the correct colour. If it has no colour or texture file set, in FSX it will show up black.

DaveQ

PS I've just had a quick look at an FDG P-51B model for CSF2; if it's the same one the pylons are set to a texture 'p-51D_t', which is not included in the texture folder. That would explain why it shows up black. If you can make a .bmp file of that name of the right colour it'll fix the problem.
    Thank you so much for your research, Dave. I'll give it a try.

Members who have read this thread: 0