Release Notes (1.10.7.0/1.10.8.0) Update #5 Now Available - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release Notes (1.10.7.0/1.10.8.0) Update #5 Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Temporary solution: https://youtu.be/Oy4aMuWP_Uc

Case of fixing one thing, braking the other...

Marcel
    Haha, every time you want to change a livery...? I think not.
    But if I select my paint in the map window, it does change, well, most of the time anyway, and only after a computer restart..
    Not so much an update, more a downdate..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yep... zero steps forward and back to square one. Like so many others, I'm dead in the water with a CTD during loading every time. I'm embarrassed for Asobo. They have no discernable development and release process. This is not high calibre software company. A bunch of kids mucking around.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

If your CTD is occurring during loading, try clearing out your Community folder as it mentions in the patch notes.

Also,

"Update on CTD Issues: The team has identified the issue and a hotfix is in the works. We hope to have it live later today! Look out for our weekly Dev Update soon as well. Stay tuned."

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-coming/310854

Interesting about the liveries. I've only tested two planes, but my liveries install for the C-152 works fine, but not the one for the Bird Dog. With the Bird Dog, it shows the liveries, but never changes to the livery in the hangar. I haven't gone in to look at differences for the manifest or Layout.json or aircraft.cfg yet to see if I could find something that might kick it over. I also didn't try to change livery in the world view either, only in the hangar. Maybe it works in World view, and it's hangar mode that's borked?

If you stay away from the hangar, it mostly works fine for me
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

There is a community fix the texture-selection, see here:
    https://flightsim.to/blog/flight-sim...ow-you-fix-it/
    I kind of figured that might be the difference. I knew the C-152 liveries had model.cfg for the liveries. I didn't know why, or what it does. I'd be interested to learn what adding a model.cfg to the livery does and why it's necessary.

I'm imagining, however, that the BlackBoxSim Bird Dog has model.cfg's associated with the liveries though (I'm still working and haven't had time to look at my sim yet).

I do want to point out the first workaround in the above link is not necessary, the original C-152 megalivery package works just fine for allowing to select any livery. So whatever setup it has is what's necessary (and it does do the model.cfg thing).

This is one of the reasons I keep my sim simple. I tried a few different livery packs, but I found myself coming back to the default just about every time. I have a few freeware airports and sceneries like Stonehenge, along with performance mods for the Baron and XCub. I also have my red flashlight and the King Air prop textures. I'll probably spend time tomorrow testing most of those to make sure they're not broken, but what little I've done so far has been good.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I had really bad framerates over some of the addon sceneries after the update but a new Nvidia driver came out yesterday so I updated to that and all is well again.

I have managed to somewhat tune the control sensitivity (mainly the rudder) so that I can fly it but I wish they hadn't changed it so radically. I prefer the original curves as opposed to the values they have it at now. The CTD issues seem to occur when switching/clicking certain functions. Still a big sigh!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

for me the Birddog is a mess,most switches does not work right
    useless as is............

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    for me the Birddog is a mess,most switches does not work right
    useless as is............
    They added info Today (its not foul of authors of BirdDog). Expect the patch from BBS.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm going to have to re-do all my steering angle edits.

At least I set up a spreadsheet to do the trig quickly.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    They added info Today (its not foul of authors of BirdDog). Expect the patch from BBS.
    Yes,that´s wat i do

HOTFIX released.

A hotfix for CTDs related to custom input profiles is now available in both the Microsoft Store and on Steam. If you are still experiencing issues with the latest build, please send us details via Zendesk:

HOTFIX released.
    After hotfix my FS2020 is not flyable. To many studdfeeerrrrs, and texture quality took a slight detour towards the worse.
    Had to stop prop texture Fixes for the time being.

Got my hotfix this morning and don't see any performance difference - yet...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Mine was a complete CTD with the update, even after following all the suggestions. Went back to working on my P3Dv5.1 update. Saw the notice about the hotfix, so tried that. After the almost 1gb download, I tried to start the game. After 3 attempts at starting, 4 hours time, with it locking up at the end of the loading screen, I gave up and went to bed. Mine was working fine before, now won't start. ARRRRGH!!!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I wish I knew more to tell you, but you can probably get some good advice at the "official" forum here.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    It seems there was another update patch on my end the day after 1.10.7.0. When I open MSFS now, it say Version 1.10.8.0? Any of you get that also? So far I have not experienced any problems with items in the Community folder, but then I have no aircraft it there, only scenery.

It seems that 1.10.7.0 was causing some pretty serious CTD issues for some people with some sort of differences in their user profiles. Hotfix 1.10.8.0 was released on Saturday to address that one issue. I've edited the title of this thread to include that.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0