Release Notes (1.10.7.0/1.10.8.0) Update #5 Now Available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release Notes (1.10.7.0/1.10.8.0) Update #5 Now Available

Lightbulb Release Notes (1.10.7.0/1.10.8.0) Update #5 Now Available

Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

PLANES
    • Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000
    • Improved autopilot behavior for pitch management, altitude capture and stability for Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Cessna Citation Longitude, Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and Daher TBM 930
    • Fixed Zlin Shock Ultra caution amber light which was always on
    • Fixed Cirrus SR22 windshield deicing not working
    • Fixed Cessna 152 flood light always ON during tutorials
    • Fixed aircraft avionics screens going blank in certain conditions
    • Fixed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner APU fault light behavior
    • Unlocking longitudinal position of elevator to allow for “Canard” airplanes

UI

• Press any key to start screen is now automatically skipped at launch
    • Option added to the Misc menu to switch between Metric and US standard units
    • Performances has been improved in plane selection menu and marketplace
    • The TrackIR can be enabled/disabled in the camera panel during flight
    • Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu

WEATHER

• Metar data refresh issue has been fixed

INSTALLATION MANAGER

• Solved several installation issues that were affecting edge cases
    • We now display the download speed and amount of packages that are being downloaded

INPUT

• Support for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
    • Ability to move the origin of the sensitivity curve and change the sensitivity value on both side of the origin
    • Fix input values when using deadzones

ACTIVITY

• All Landing challenge scores should now be properly tracked in the leaderboards

MARKETPLACE

• Quality of life updates for the marketplace

WORLD

• Motion blur has been added
    • New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented
    • The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)
    • Night lighting has been improved
    • Water night reflections have been added
    • Huge hole in Brazil has been fixed

KNOWN ISSUES

• VNAV can overshoot the climb speed. Disconnecting the AP after take off and re engaging it will limit the overshoot impact
    • The Cessna Citation Longitude can be slightly below the glide slope as you get close to the airport
    • Once activated, the Switch to Mach units knob won’t return to knots on the Airbus A320neo
    • Live weather fails to save properly after restarting the game
    • UI fails to refresh after you Buy & Download any item, letting the download button appear

takes me to the MS store automatically as a "mandatory" update. But it shows it installing MSFS "Standard" even though I bought Premium Deluxe?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Update running. I guess I'll have to say goodbye to the attractive young ladies in my "Press Any Key" video.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Downloading...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I have read in another forum that many port-over planes lost the clickability of their virtual cockpits.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I have read in another forum that many port-over planes lost the clickability of their virtual cockpits.
    => http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...for-MSFS/page3
    Yes, I write this information after many tests and I can confirm ALL FSX aircrafts port-over has lost "mouse rectangles".
    PS: I am also registred on this forum so you can give your source

"Motion blur has been added"

Why just why? I hope I can turn it off. Worse game option ever!
    Greg :USA-flag:

Blog Entries
    Does this include the USA update?

Yes you can turn the motion blur off, first thing I did after the update had finished

No the USA update isn't in this update.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

My favorite part of this update..."Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu". Makes using knobs and switches so much nicer for experienced simmers.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

There's a Halloween landing challenge that's rather amusing. The dev's came up with an "interesting" solution for runway lighting, and it's pretty easy to score points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.10.29 - 23.34.46.91.jpg  
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Paul View Post
    "Motion blur has been added"

Why just why? I hope I can turn it off. Worse game option ever!
    What exactly does it do ?...

Thanks!

It literally blurs anything that's transitioning across your viewpoint. I noticed it right off, but thought it was just something they added. Then I read in the "official" forum that it's controllable. You'll find the listing under the Graphics settings.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

After installing the update all aircraft will use only one texture set, no matter which paint I select....what's this?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    After installing the update all aircraft will use only one texture set, no matter which paint I select....what's this?
    Also all Addon Planes or Port over are brocken now and i get CTD again.........

Folks, the update screwed a lot of things up it seems! If you get super-bright clouds and gamma, switch to full screen mode, then go into menus and select the "ultra" pre-set. Save the settings, head back into the game - things should now be fixed. You can then re-set your graphics settings as required ( solution found by Otmar at Wing42 ).

Liveries are borked, nobody knows why yet, and lots of folks getting CTDs that were not before. Asobo are on the case and no doubt will wheel out fixes soon in a minor update. Hang in there...
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I thought they were giving it longer between updates so that things could be tested more thoroughly?

Seems to me that every other update breaks things that were fixed in the previous update. Are these updates tested by the community testers before release?

I guess you'll always get issues when trying to be groundbreaking, and starting from a blank (well almost) canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It literally blurs anything that's transitioning across your viewpoint. I noticed it right off, but thought it was just something they added. Then I read in the "official" forum that it's controllable. You'll find the listing under the Graphics settings.
    Thanks, Tom ! Probabely not my cup of tea. I wish they'd left that alone and gave us Fly-By view back instead. Really miss that.

I agree, this update has really screwed things up again, it was very stable for me before this. Unreal! I totally despise what they did to the control sensitivity settings. Now I can't get a stable rudder setting, no matter what I do, at airspeed alive, the plane's yaw input is just overly sensitive. If you dial it back, you might end up not having enough rudder authority to keep it centered on the runway! Before, you could set the sensitivity curve, now there is no curve, it's a jagged line that falls off into high or low effectiveness. And yes, it CTD's constantly now. WHY do they persist in breaking what is fixed??? lol Who's doing beta testing again??? SMH!

So it is parked for me again until this screwup is fixed.... Sigh....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I thought they were giving it longer between updates so that things could be tested more thoroughly?

Seems to me that every other update breaks things that were fixed in the previous update. Are these updates tested by the community testers before release?

I guess you'll always get issues when trying to be groundbreaking, and starting from a blank (well almost) canvas.
    It was the same thing that occurs during Alpha tests: 3 steps forward and 2 backward
    It's not difficult to make a list of the problems already encountered and solved and to test these functions before the update.
    I am a French developer and I am ashamed for Asobo.

For CDTs, some advise on the official forum to go and see the files that keep the joystick assignments and to clean them: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...e-5/309576/310

SOH-CM-2023
    Perhaps its's that I don't like change, but I think the night lights improvements are much too bright and less colorful. If you fly close to a beacon its blinding. The street lights are too big, maybe for screens with less resolution. It seems the G1000 screens are too bright too. But it is easier to find and see the runway and land, a positive for the change.

These updates are coming to often for me. I wouldn't mind if they didn't break anything but they always do. The quality control before the updates come out is really quite poor. Yes people will say the game isn't finished but even so you'd expect better. As for the sensitivity setting options, it's awful what they have done to it. I find it really difficult to keep an aircraft on the centre line now and the elevator and aileron movements are just as bad. It's annoying because they were fine before the update. As always 2 steps forward but 1 step back.

I think I'll go back to P3D until the next update comes through...shouldn't be to long they're coming every couple of days it seems.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Temporary solution: https://youtu.be/Oy4aMuWP_Uc

Case of fixing one thing, braking the other...

Think related to this "fix":
    Performances has been improved in plane selection menu and marketplace
    About the "control sensitivity settings" just RE-SET them, they have now a "+" and "-" side to adjust. Seem they reduced the sensivity also, found sofar reducing it by 50% it flies nice. So if you had it on -50% set it on -25%.

Marcel

Yes you must reconfigure your sensitivity settings, I am quite happy with the new system as the old one was way too basic and linear and the new settings allow for better customization.

If you are getting CTD when updating or loading the game, make sure your Community folder contents are moved into another folder temporarily and bring them back after updating and loading the game once, like it says in the Patch Notes. Legacy aircraft seem to be the worst offenders for this.

Speaking of Legacy aircraft, the sim doesn't "officially" support them and they have broken in the past and will almost certainly break again in the future. I wouldn't get too attached to any of your Legacy stuff in the new sim and instead wait for or develop models native to the new sim. All of the SDK documentation that references the legacy stuff basically begs you to use the new systems and stop relying on the legacy systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    There's a Halloween landing challenge that's rather amusing. The dev's came up with an "interesting" solution for runway lighting, and it's pretty easy to score points.

We don't need a landing challenge, we need a working sim. Nothing amusing about this latest patch, or update, or fubar, or whatever you want to call it. No more excuses!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0