Piglets Super Tucano

Thread: Piglets Super Tucano

Piglets Super Tucano

Nice airplane, as are all of Tim's creations. . . .however it doesn't seem to know what the function of an AP is. I never did find any documentation that explains how to input AP information with the VC keypad below the HUD. I added a standard AP but the airplane seems unable (or unwilling) to hold Alt or heading and that includes following a GPS track. All it does is roll left and right in a vain effort to find it's way to the correct heading and altitude is something it has no concept of either as it continuously climbs and dives, climbs and dives. I've never seen this addressed in the forums, so either I'm the only one that has this problem or everyone else either ignores it or found a fix.

So, anyone who flies or has flown this airplane and was successful in getting the AP to work, let me know.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Well, given the folks who viewed the post, I would trust that if any of them had a clue as to the answer to either question, they would have offered it. I took the AP section from the SOH Bearcat and used that and it worked perfectly. The keypad will remain a mystery which is fine since the alternate AP is functioning as it should.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Not sure about the lateral navigation errors, but as far as the altitude hold is concerned, try adding "vertical_speed_time_constant = 5" under the [pitot_static] section of the aircraft.cfg. If "5" doesn't fix it immediately, increasing the value further should. Hope that helps for future reference anyway.

This one reminds me a lot of the beautiful Iris T-6 Texan II and PC-21 (which I hope you managed to also get a hold of earlier on this year as they were N/C). Thank-you Iris Sim.

Quickly became my faves to fly.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Do you have a complete AP section in the aircraft.cfg file?
    You might copy one from another aircraft that you know works with the new one you added in.

Members who have read this thread: 0