What if..

Thread: What if..

Members +

What if..

Shessi, this is for you..
    What if Lufthansa operated four seat high speed passenger transports after the war on the Dornier Do-335.

And a Mig-25 Business Jet?

As a project internally funded by the MiG Design Bureau, as much of the MiG-25's original design was to remain intact as possible. The fuselage forward of the engines would be all-new, being much longer and wider to accommodate a flight deck and passenger cabin with a single row that would fit
    five to seven seats. The cabin would be accessed via an entry door on the port side immediately aft of the cockpit. The cabin could also be converted into a cargo hold by removing the seats. The wider fuselage necessitated an increase in the fuel load in order to extend the range to 3,000-3,500km (1,875-2,178 miles) at a cruise speed of Mach 2.35.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Robin,
    Always liked the Do335, hate to think what you do when you want the toilet?!......

And some great project designs from around the world, that MiG 25 Foxbat-liner is superb.

Cheers

Shessi

Members +
    Hint: Shessi, it will be great for FS2004???????
    We need more fun stuff.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hint: Shessi, it will be great for FS2004???????
    We need more fun stuff.
    Like this?

Mike stone's Flap Jack.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Thumbs up

Ha ha, nice try, all I'll say is learn FSDS/Gmax and get building then....

Cheers

Shessi

Amazing! I built the plastic model kit of the Flapjack way back in the day. IIRC, I "flew" it all over the house for weeks. I think I remember it having a motor and battery to turn the prop and "flap" the wings (though that could just be historical wishful thinking!). It was a real favorite. I didn't know there was one made for FS9!

Thanks for the memory, Huub.

Michael

Icon5

Hi Michael,
    You may have had a model of Huub's pic, but the Vought XF5U Flying Flapjack was a different ac....

Go get it at FS.com https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...t&fid=118930.. and re-live the memories (of course if this is the one you're talking about?!)

Cheers

Shessi

Micheal must be referring to the model by Monogram:

I particularly like the note: "Ask dad for help when you get stuck"

And the wings really "flapped". As long as there was power in the battery......

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub, is that Monogram Flap Jack still available as a flight sim download somewhere?

Members +
    Hi Huub, I'm also looking for it..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members +
    In my search for the Flap Jack, I came across the very well known Kazunori Ito
    He has done literally 100's of aircraft & SciFi add-ons.
    He is another forgotten GIANT of FS2004..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

That's just the one, Huub! It was a "Snap-Tite" kit, so no glue required, but there were still opportunities for little kids to mess things up. I'm sure many parents had to lend a hand.

Shessi - that's another cool Flapjack. Never built a model of it, but have been to see one of the restored proof-of-concept vehicles at the Dallas Frontiers of Flight Museum. https://www.flightmuseum.com/aircraf...-vought-v-173/

It is much taller than I expected it to be!

thanks again, guys.

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flying Pancake.jpg  

I had a quick look, but can't find it on any of the usual download sites. I still have the complete model (including the gauges (?) somewhere in my back-ups. Give me sometime as it is definitely not on the recent made back-ups.

I'm convinced Mike Stone will not mind when I share it, so I either will upload it or make a download link available here.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Robin,
    Ito-san, maybe left the sim scene, but NEVER forgotten.

Michael,
    That Monogarm Flap Jack is fantastic, love the Air Farce decals...ha ha. Almost one of the Wacky Racers. Monogram made such varied models, from this weird and wonderful to good scale stuff, which I enjoyed making.

Personally, I like my flapjacks with sultanas, oats and honey in...each to their own

Huub, yes upload it here please, a bit of fun.

Cheers

Shessi

You can find it at Simviation, in this combined archive of 107 Mike Stone creations, uploaded by Robin Meyerowitz

MikeStoneCollection-1.zip

https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...ge=5&filename=

Ttfn

Pete

Members +
    sflapjack.zip

Lol, That's me..

I found the Flapjack, hopefully it will load here..

Shessi.. a tweek of textures? lol..

I did not realise that it was one of Mike Stones, but then he also did that StoneAir Flipper as well. and a couple of odd planes as well.
    Garry Smith textured a lot of Mike's planes.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members +
    StoneAir_Flapjack.exeStoneAir_Flipper.exe

Actually this is better, with a Flipper from Mike as well.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post

Shessi - that's another cool Flapjack. Never built a model of it, but have been to see one of the restored proof-of-concept vehicles at the Dallas Frontiers of Flight Museum.

thanks again, guys.

Michael
    ha! snap ... was going to say the same having been to the Dallas museum too!

ttfn

Pete

@Pete, You are really the librarian of the internet. I never realised this model was in one of the combined archives.

@Robin, Glad you found it and thanks for making the files available.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post
    That's just the one, Huub! It was a "Snap-Tite" kit, so no glue required, but there were still opportunities for little kids to mess things up. I'm sure many parents had to lend a hand.

Shessi - that's another cool Flapjack. Never built a model of it, but have been to see one of the restored proof-of-concept vehicles at the Dallas Frontiers of Flight Museum. https://www.flightmuseum.com/aircraf...-vought-v-173/

thanks again, guys.

Michael
    Sword makes a 1/48 V-173 and Kitty Hawk a 1/48 XF5U to go along side it. The Sword kit is a limited run and a bit fiddly, the XF5U is a proper modern kit. It's a shame that since the XF5U was finished they didn't fly it at least once. (Or save it for the museum in Pensacola.)

Members who have read this thread: 0