Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

Thread: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

Question Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

Anyone here using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

I only accuired this hotas and throttle system recently and it seems many of the buttons and switches wont correctly map with FS2020.
    I'd appreciate any feedback from other users.
    Do you use the TARGET software at all, or just the FS2020 mapping method?
    Thoughts and experience appreciated

Cheers
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Apparently, many of the popular controllers are "known" by the sim. If you haven't already, plug it in and fire it up, then see what's mapped. My X52 had several useful mappings set by default, but I've been working on changing a few of them as time goes on and I figure out what I like and don't.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I use a Warthog, and haven't had issues mapping controls through MSFS itself, although I do have a couple of buttons commands assigned through FSUIPC for my TrackIR.

When you try and map controls, make sure you've got the right controller highlighted along the top of the "controls" menu (it should be "joystick-hotas warthog" and "throttle-hotas warthog"), and that the "filter" option is set to "all", since it otherwise won't show all of the possible controls you can map.

What specifically do you mean by "many of the buttons and switches wont correctly map"?

If you're not getting options for controls to assign them to, that's probably the "filter" option being set wrong, but if you're seeing the stuff you want to assign to controls, make sure you're clicking inside the box just below "press any key..." before you hit the HOTAS button you want to assign, and that you're hitting "validate" after you assign it.

I think I might have mis-read your original post. If you have plugged it in and tried it, then you might need a profiler app. Logitech still offers one for the X52, since they apparently bought Saitek. I don't use it, since there are more than enough possibilities without it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I use a Warthog too. No problem mapping directly in MSFS, although I've now swapped over to FSUIPC for most assignments. I don't use Target.
    You do have to be careful though, a lot of the switches are on/off type and if you assign something like "toggle nav lights" then it will continually send the command while in the on position.

The biggest issue i have is with the 3 position 'Flaps' switch on the left of the throttle. For starters, although there's three positions, flaps just go to full down or up with nothing between. Also, unless that switch is in the middle 'MVR' position, then I cannot opperate flaps AT ALL, even with keyboard commands:-(
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

I have the Warthog HOTAS, but I haven't decided what to do about flaps. I was thinking of using one of the toggles such that I extend a notch down one way and up a notch the other way. The problem with flaps, IMHO, is so many planes have different types of flaps. Some planes just have fully extended or fully retracted. Some have fully retracted, take-off, and landing flaps. Then when you get to combat aircraft, there could also be automatic maneuvering flaps, etc. So, you have to find a switch, other than the flap switch, that allows more programming. You may also have to set up different mappings for different types of aircraft; you can save different mappings directly in MSFS. I'm going directly through MSFS, but perhaps FSUIPC will give you more control over what you're seeking to do. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    The biggest issue i have is with the 3 position 'Flaps' switch on the left of the throttle. For starters, although there's three positions, flaps just go to full down or up with nothing between. Also, unless that switch is in the middle 'MVR' position, then I cannot opperate flaps AT ALL, even with keyboard commands:-(
    As I mentioned earlier, if you leave it in one position is constantly sending the command to the sim so that's blocking other flap commands. You need to set the two positions to "flaps increase" and "flaps decrease"and return the switch to the middle position after each use.
    Alternatively, you could use FSUIPC to program the switch for specific flap positions on a per aircraft basis, but that's more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Anyone here using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with FS2020?

I only accuired this hotas and throttle system recently and it seems many of the buttons and switches wont correctly map with FS2020.
    I'd appreciate any feedback from other users.
    Do you use the TARGET software at all, or just the FS2020 mapping method?
    Thoughts and experience appreciated

Cheers
    Hi,
    about TH Warthog and T.A.R.G.E.T. - yes, I use it in MSFS and in any my sim (even for each DCS module, each module has its own profile). No any problem with keys, buttons ect. and what is good if you create a profil, you can install / unistall simulators but you have created profil always, so its very ease to to recreate all settings in few minutes (just axis). So in my Warthog I dont use any Button, but I work with "virtual" keyboard attached to my HOTAS. So for exampe - 1 button for works as for example Alt+1 (so user view in MSFS) and ect. Just what I noticed its a small issue with TARGET and .... MS Store, dont know why, but this problem was described on DCS Forum also. MS Store blocks some of scripts of TARGET. The solution is to open MS Store and close it (so easy thing), after this you can start TARGET. I use TARGET for each my flight in each simulator.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0