Something Wonky

Thread: Something Wonky

Something Wonky

PNG-2020-oct-24-008 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

It's been years since I've seen this mess, but it's happening more often lately. I tried changing AntiAliasing settings and deleting the shaders. . .each one separately seemed to fix it but it came right back the next time I loaded the Sim. I also tried "verifying" the Orbx scenery I have installed to no avail.

I've not done any tweaking of FSX in years, and the graphics card gets periodic driver updates as they're available but this oddity seems unaffected by the updates.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what it might be?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Snow??

What happens when you change the seasons?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    PNG-2020-oct-24-008 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

It's been years since I've seen this mess, but it's happening more often lately. I tried changing AntiAliasing settings and deleting the shaders. . .each one separately seemed to fix it but it came right back the next time I loaded the Sim. I also tried "verifying" the Orbx scenery I have installed to no avail.

I've not done any tweaking of FSX in years, and the graphics card gets periodic driver updates as they're available but this oddity seems unaffected by the updates.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what it might be?
    What's the status of your available memory? I have a 1TB hard drive and in the last few months mine has been doing similar things in FSX. I had almost 9GB used up with photos and FSX downloads. I bought a 256 GB flash drive and moved all my retired aircraft, photos and downloads to it, deleted some junk files and emptied my recycle bin. Now my C drive shows 612GB used with 318GB free space and FSX is running smoother.

I don't think I've seen this one yet. Maybe something to do with a system update to Windows?

It wouldn't hurt to defrag the hard drive and see if that helps? Maybe do a disk cleanup as well prior to the defrag to get rid of some excess RAM "hogging" you can get over time, basically a few hundred kilobytes here and there and they can add up fairly quick.

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Thanks for all the suggestions:

Changing seasons did cause that anomaly to no longer show. . .Fixed?. . .maybe, maybe not, lol

I have three HDD's, all three have at least 500+gig free space. C: Drive is the OS, D: Drive was P3D and X-Plane but both were uninstalled some time ago, E: Drive is the FSX drive with 500gig free. Memory is 16gig and 4gig on the GPU

I Defrag quite often, usually about once a week at least, but especially if I install anything new into FSX.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0