Three RAAF P-40 skinpacks by UncleTgt

Thread: Three RAAF P-40 skinpacks by UncleTgt

Three RAAF P-40 skinpacks by UncleTgt

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: KM P-40Ev5 Kittyhawk RAAF Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Curtiss P-40Ev5 Kittyhawk made by Krystof Malinowski for CFS 2.

I've modified the cockpit glass colour & reduced the model shine. I've made the 2D panel bitmap WIN 7+ safe, & provided an E-1 panel option. I developed more payload options in the DP files, one using US Ordnance, the other using UK ordnance. See the ordnance notes for which weapon packs were used.

I changed the fuel tank set up in the airfile, because most marks of P40 could use the 170 USG drop tank for ferry trips, & the original airfile didn't allow for this. I also adjusted section 320 (autopilot) to remove the default 700 fpm loss in altitude when engaging the autopilot.

The textures are: A29-39 "IE" "Adul the Bull", 76 sqn RAAF, NE Australia & Milne Bay, PNG, circa July '42.

A29-90 "IH" "Ming the Merciless", 76 sqn RAAF, Milne Bay, PNG, August '42. This aircraft scored 76 sqn's first kill.

A29-120 "IV" "Peters Revenge", flown by Sqn Ldr Keith "Bluey" Truscott", Milne Bay, PNG, September '42.

A29-136 "N" "Stardust", 75 sqn RAAF, Port Moresby late August '42.

A29-153 "O" "Grace", 75 sqn RAAF, Port Moresby, February '43

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Krystof Malinowski for the original P-40 aircraft series.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX, such a clever & versatile tool.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KM P-40Ev5 RAAF skinpack UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

KM P-40Mv3 RAAF skinpack UT.zip

Description: KM P-40Mv3 Kittyhawk RAAF Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Curtiss P-40Mv3 Kittyhawk made by Krystof Malinowski for CFS 2.

I've modified the cockpit glass colour & reduced the model shine. I've made the 2D panel bitmap WIN 7+ safe. I developed more payload options in the DP files, one using US Ordnance, the other using UK ordnance. See the ordnance notes for which weapon packs were used.

I changed the fuel tank set up in the airfile, because most marks of P40 could use the 170 USG drop tank for ferry trips, & the original airfile didn't allow for this. I also adjusted section 320 (autopilot) to remove the default 700fpm loss in altitude when engaging the autopilot.

The -M model is suitable for later model -K-10-CU & K-15-CU Kittyhawks with the longer tail, & also can represent the early -N-1-CU model - see individual aircraft.cfg files for details.

The textures are: A29-164 AM-Z "Tropo", 77 sqn RAAF, Goodenough Island, PNG, September '43.

A29-166 AM-U, 77 sqn RAAF, flown by Sqn Ldr Dick Cresswell, Goodenough Island, PNG, May '43.

A29-426 HU-G, 78 sqn RAAF, Kiriwina, PNG, November '43.

A29-361 SV-Y, "Avagrog", 76 sqn RAAF, Kiriwina, PNG, November '43.

A29-377 SV-P, 76 sqn RAAF, Nazdab, PNG, August '44

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KM P-40Mv3 RAAF skinpack UT.zip

KM P-40Nv3 RAAF skinpack UT.zip

Description: KM P-40Nv3 Kittyhawk RAAF Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Curtiss P-40Nv3 Kittyhawk made by Krystof Malinowski for CFS 2.

I've modified the cockpit glass colour & reduced the model shine. I've made the 2D panel bitmap WIN 7+ safe. I developed more payload options in the DP files, one using US Ordnance, the other using UK ordnance. See the ordnance notes for which weapon packs were used.

I changed the fuel tank set up in the airfile, because the P40N could use a ferry tank load of 2 x 200 USG drop tanks(!), & the original airfile didn't allow for this. I also adjusted section 320 (autopilot) to remove the default 700 fpm loss in altitude when engaging the autopilot.

The textures are: A29-518 LB-K, 84 sqn RAAF, Horn Island, NE Australia, October '43.

A29-529 HU-V, 78 sqn RAAF, Dobodura, PNG, February '44.

A29-819 AM-N, "Cutie Pants", 77 sqn RAAF, Nazdab, PNG, September '44.

A29-1117 SV-L "Barbara~IV", 76 sqn RAAF, Noemfoor Island, PNG, June '45.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

OCT 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KM P-40Nv3 RAAF skinpack UT.zip

Splendid work. Thanks Uncle!

Bullet holes?

Love your new P-40s. Great panels skins and weapons pack. Always did prefer KM's versions. Thanks UT. Can't see that the bullet holes are showing up though. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Love your new P-40s. Great panels skins and weapons pack. Always did prefer KM's versions. Thanks UT. Can't see that the bullet holes are showing up though. Any suggestions?
    I don't think Krystof ever made these models to show bullet holes.

The aircraft dps used as a start point were Blue Devil's ACM PTO dps, I think he set all the DP files he did to show bullet holes if the model supported them as a default.

A29-153 named 'Orace, not Grace

I've updated the P40E skinpack in light of new information regarding the name of A29-153.

Sopwith Chameleon sent me some info that brought the accuracy of the ADF Serials aircraft history into question. It seems that A 29 - 153 was actually named " Orace" by the pilot, Sgt Roy Gordon Riddell in memory of his father Horace Riddell , not " Grace " as commonly ( and inaccurately ) represented.

I've attached the revised textures to this post for those that have already downloaded the skinpack. Apologies for the error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P40E_75RAAF_A29-153_3983_Grace.jpg   KM_P40E_75RAAF_FEB43d.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    I've updated the P40E skinpack in light of new information regarding the name of A29-153.

Sopwith Chameleon sent me some info that brought the accuracy of the ADF Serials aircraft history into question. It seems that A 29 - 153 was actually named " Orace" by the pilot, Sgt Roy Gordon Riddell in memory of his father Horace Riddell , not " Grace " as commonly ( and inaccurately ) represented.

I've attached the revised textures to this post for those that have already downloaded the skinpack. Apologies for the error.
    So its O for 'Orace, like 'Ay for 'orses

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    So its O for 'Orace, like 'Ay for 'orses
    ...... And "R" for " Mow" ....

Hi UnclTgt
    Great work and well researched.

Take Care
    Stuart

Very nice, Uncle Tgt, thank you!
    Also for the revised panel and DP. Very useful!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

WEP_DB_p47_75gal.drop_gp

Searched a]] my P-47d downloads and DBplt downloads and cannot find it. Found a US 75 gal drop tank but not on for p-47D.Where could I find this?

Braveheart

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

WEP_DB_p47_75gal.drop_gp

Searched a]] my P-47d downloads and DBplt downloads and cannot find it. Found a US 75 gal drop tank but not on for p-47D.Where could I find this? I really like these series.

Braveheart

Braveheart,

The bgl is from 2003. I believe it came from the M10 Rocket Launcher & Brazilian P47 zip. I'll update the readmes to point people to the right place

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=281&id=6313

Note to Librarians - great job on the categorisation, took just minutes to scroll through the weapons category to find this

Library Staff
    Thanks UT regarding the library and thanks again for these beautiful repaints.

Rami has already extracted three separate library object packages from larger scenery downloads. The same could be done with weapons packages which only come with certain aeroplane downloads.

Kevin

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

WEP_DB_p47_75gal.drop_gp

ThANKs UT, i NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THE Brazilian p-47d. Kevin, I really like the new categories in the Library. I am reading a lot of books on the RAAF in the Pacific Theater, I recently finished a book on the Spitfire in the 1943 Darwin campaign. It was very enlightening. I would like to see a missons/campaign made of this campaign.

Thanks again.
    Mack

Library Staff
    Hi Mack,

Kevin Bacon did half a dozen RAAF 452 Squadron Spitfire missions out of Darwin in 2001. I can't remember which site the download is located. The missions could be updated and expanded.

Do you feel like having a go?

Cheers,
    Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0