Milviz C310R preview (MSFS version)

Thread: Milviz C310R preview (MSFS version)

Milviz C310R preview (MSFS version)

Enjoy.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Day One @YoYo... hopefully it's going to have an accurate GPS, working transponder AND feathering props....

C

Hmm... I wonder if they need a beta tester!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Always loved this plane and the rendition of Milviz. Flew a lot of hours in FSX and P3D
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Always loved this plane and the rendition of Milviz. Flew a lot of hours in FSX and P3D

And I will fly a lot of hours in it in MSFS2020, when it is released.

Beautiful looking already.

And I like being able to see someone in the cockpit while in internal view. I hate the "ghost" flying effect.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Day One @YoYo... hopefully it's going to have an accurate GPS, working transponder AND feathering props....

C
    Maybe if Asobo ever fixes their lite GNS.... OR RXP just makes the GNS or GTN for MSFS!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

That was the second real plane I flew (after a Mooney 231).

Fun story, too: I was a new hire at Compute! Magazine around 1990, just out of college. SubLogic came down to show us Flight Assignment: ATP and some of the company's other upcoming products. They flew down in the company's Cessna 310, and I got to go up for a flight around Greensboro, NC and take the controls for all of it except for takeoff and landing. Definitely taught me I was going to enjoy the journalism gig. (And that I needed to learn how to maintain a steady altitude.)

You should see GSO now with the new FedEx hub and new runway!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    You should see GSO now with the new FedEx hub and new runway!
    Somebody needs to update the airport! It's weird that the city has really good photogrammetry (I found both apartments I lived in), but generic buildings at the airport.

There are some major highways that are also missing. I-73/I-840 has been open for a couple of years now, but Bing's map data hasn't been updated. I think the PG buildings have less up-close detail than the airport generics, so that's why they're used. I'd buy an addon that featured things like the Hilton, FedEx, and HondaJet logos on their respective buildings!

Edit - make that the Marriot...
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 27th, 2020 at 07:10.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I remember GSO back in the 70's when I would spend the summers at my grandparents farm west of High Point. My Grandfather would drive me over to the airport a couple of times before we went back home here in Wilmington. I remember the old terminal building off 68, Friendship, seeing a lot of Eastern and Piedmont Jets out there lined up, 737's, 727's DC-9's, etc. I also remember the old observation on the north side of the airport on a hill above/behind the control tower. It was a great vantage point to see runway 5/23. I remember those old 4 engine turboprops across the other side of the airport, I think they were Canadair CL-44's operated by Tradewinds Airlines which flew raw denim from GSO to other mills in the Caribbean then back into the US. That area has changed so much since those days, most of it nearly unrecognizable now. I haven't flown into real GSO in a good while. Last time was in a Cessna 150.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I still remember the rooftop observation deck on the original terminal that was located at Market & Regional. I went up there with my dad to watch my grandparents head back home to Amarillo one time. They flew out on a YS-11 owned by the original Piedmont. There's still a very small amount of the original asphalt parking lot left, but it's completely broken from weather with weeds growing up through the cracks. There's a maint. hangar there now.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I went out on that observation deck a couple of times. I'm wanting to think there was a parking fee (timed) at the old terminal which my grandfather kind of hurried our time there at the terminal & observation area. lol. That's how we came to locate that good parking spot behind the control tower which was on a road that ran parallel to Runway 5/23. I also remember the runway light structures over the roads/highway. I also remember being at the tower observation spot and seeing a DC-10 land on 23. That was the first time I ever saw a widebody jet in person. Wish there was a good repository for photos of these old airfields. We have many good photos of ILM during the Piedmont days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I lived there, there was a Piedmont 737 headed to Charlotte that couldn't get one its main gears to extend; they diverted it to GSO since Piedmont had a maintenance base there plus less disruptive. (Later turned out ground crew was throwing chocks in 737 wheel wells....) There was live coverage on the news as it flew around town burning fuel and trying maneuvers to get the gear to drop. The ex-military pilot tried the tried-and-true "dive the plane and pull up rapidly to try to get the wheels out" technique. (They interviewed an older woman on the flight who apparently consumed her whole flash of vodka thanks to THAT decision.) He then tried bumping the right gear down on the runway to see if that would dislodge the left wheels. No luck.

Eventually he gave up terrifying his passengers and just brought it down at KGSO on the other main and the nosewheel. Covered live on local news -- I remember watching the landing with coworkers. It was an 100 or 200 with the Me-262 style engine pods, so the plane just settled on the engine and there were some sparks and otherwise no major harm done.

Except to the underwear of everyone on the plane due to the pilot trying heroic maneuvers to get the gear to drop.

Sadly, that was one of the last Piedmont flights before the USAir merger completed. What a way to go out.

(Edit: Turns out there's terrible VHS footage of attempt to slam the gear down and the actual landing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqZ2LrbRcg )

I remember that. I also know exactly where the first camera was stationed on Old Oak Ridge Rd!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I had just flown up there into GSO on a 737-200 just before that happened! That flight was a 737-400 that originated out of then Washington National (now Reagan-Washington National). I always wondered if they had a gear unsafe light for that main gear being stuck like that. That was during my Line PLST days. We refueled the Piedmont/US Air flights at ILM. After that incident, we were given additional safety briefings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pretty sure there is a safe indicator for all three individually. Boeing even had them on the KC-135 that I worked on that was built before I was born.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I went out on that observation deck a couple of times. I'm wanting to think there was a parking fee (timed) at the old terminal which my grandfather kind of hurried our time there at the terminal & observation area. lol. That's how we came to locate that good parking spot behind the control tower which was on a road that ran parallel to Runway 5/23. I also remember the runway light structures over the roads/highway. I also remember being at the tower observation spot and seeing a DC-10 land on 23. That was the first time I ever saw a widebody jet in person. Wish there was a good repository for photos of these old airfields. We have many good photos of ILM during the Piedmont days.
    Hey Storm, hope your doing good bud, are those Piedmont days ILM photos out on the net somewhere ?, would like to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Hey Storm, hope your doing good bud, are those Piedmont days ILM photos out on the net somewhere ?, would like to see them.
    Hey man! Doing well & hope you are as well. One of the best sources for the old Piedmont photos is over on Facebook at the JetPiedmont page. They always post great vintage photos of those days which are donated by the Piedmont Aviation Historical Society. Here is the link to JetPiedmont: https://www.facebook.com/jetpiedmont

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some more WIP on the C310R (shots around Ft Lauderdale area)

Untitled-2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-14 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-16 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Looking good! On my probable purchase list. Any idea of release date?

I'm not sure....but even if I did it wouldn't be my date to tell hehe
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Haha yes hopefully its not too far away was going to get the Carenado Seminole so might hold off and wait for this

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Maybe if Asobo ever fixes their lite GNS.... OR RXP just makes the GNS or GTN for MSFS!
    Have you guys tried the GNS530 mod?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/gns530-mod

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Some more WIP on the C310R (shots around Ft Lauderdale area)
    Hey Ryan, would it be ok to use these screenshots with credit to you in a YT video I'm working on for upcoming aircraft? No problem if not!

Members who have read this thread: 0