Fokker D.21 conversion for MSFS2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fokker D.21 conversion for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    The lights do not work ? or am i wrong ?
    Hi,

I guess they won't work, since they are effect-controlled and the effects are not included in the package (that is, not in MSFS2020 format).

Regards, Daan
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Oooooh, I love this! OK, it's a port-over, so some things don't work (couldn't shut her down), but it feels great to go HuBoBe over the Netherlands with this..

jk8030

jk8020

jk8010

jk8014

jk8009

and maybe the shine is a bit too much, but I still love it!
    Prachtig Jankees!

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Jankees - you can shut her down (and restart ) if you fold the LD door/canopy open - this unmasks all the engine controls for mousing.
    Basically do all pre and post flight with the lid off.
    Only concern is that if you run out of fuel mid flight you have to open the canopy to select the reserve fuel

Dutcheeseblend - no worries, though maybe you can throw light on the clickspot masking - on imports there are always one or two clickspots that cover the whole screen and sometimes mask the spots beneath. In this case its the Window sliders and door/canopy open - are they the first/last defined? Are they in some way different to all the others?

Thanks
    Keith
    Hi Keith,

Well, this clickspot masking thingy is quite a new phenomenon for me. Haven't ever heard about that before.
    Do these clickspots work with the bounding box of the object rather than the "physical" model?

Regards, Daan

Don't know - impact varies from model to model - I'll post a video illustrating it tomorrow

Thank you, it is great to have this excellent aircraft in MSFS!

One of these days I need to start researching my grandmother's Dutch ancestry (Vander Syde).

Nice pics!
    Vander Syde sounds more Belgian to me, in the Netherlands it would be van der Syde. Syde is an old spelling of the present day Zijde, or silk. Maybe they were weavers originally?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thank you Jankees! Traditionally, at least as far as I know, it has typically been written as just one name here in the US and in the UK ("VanderSyde"), but sometimes split in two, but yeah it would make sense to me that it would have been split in three at one time. It was always understood within my grandmother's family that they were of Dutch ancestry - according to my grandmother, who has since past, her dad only wanted her to marry a fellow from another Dutch family (but which didn't happen). It is interesting to learn about the modern word for "Syde" being "Zijde"/silk.

Nice shots guys, I recognise Bakkum, Haarlem and Uitgeest, but why doesn't anyone ever fly over Noordwijk or Voorhout?

I did a small query at the "Familienamen bank" (Dutch family name register) on the name "van der Zeijden" as "van der Syde" didn't exist. As you see the name is not really connected to one particular part of the Netherlands. In 2007 there were 7 persons registered with the family name van der Zijde. Which seems to be a name related to Amsterdam from which some have move to the polders (after 1965). As you can see in 2007 there were 218 persons with the name "van der Zeijden" name written in 2 different ways.

As the French under Napoleon started our name register, Dutch names where often registered by French civil servants. My family name was "Vinck" until the French shortened it to "Vink". Also many Dutch names were Anglicised when Dutch families migrated to the US, Australia and Canada. "Vanderbilt", was originally "van der Bilt", Vanderberg's real name is Adje van den Berg etc.. This was also common for town names. Brooklyn was originally Breukelen, Harlem was Haarlem.

Cheers,
    Huub

That is fantastic, Huub! I really appreciate that very much. This will certainly motivate me to try and solve the puzzle of tracing the family line back to the Netherlands. I know just about every generation of my Terrell (Tyrrell/Tirrell/Tirel) family line since it began just over 1,000 years ago, and earlier generations over the course of centuries before that, but my other family trees only go back to about the mid-late 1800's as far as the generations I have information on. A big problem, as you've alluded to, is the changes in spellings.

Sorry guys for taking this thread off track, but many thanks again, Jankees and Huub!

Thank you again, Daan, for this fantastic aircraft! I've been really looking forward to seeing the reproduction based at Hoogeveen, finished in this same paint scheme, flying soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you again, Daan, for this fantastic aircraft! I've been really looking forward to seeing the reproduction based at Hoogeveen, finished in this same paint scheme, flying soon.
    More than welcome John! I absolutely love to see all screenshots. Great enjoyment for me! It's now nearly six years ago when it was initially released (november 2014). And, that also means it's over six years that I started with the T.5 (september 2014). That said, I expect to get a pre-final beta done next week.

I've been several times to Hoogeveen. The project is really fantastic. When you stand next to it, the aircraft is really big, sturdy and spacious. Immediate cause is, of course, the big engine (over 1.30 m in diameter), which makes for a spacious cockpit. I made this photograph there:

I've posted a video illustrating the click-spot problem in the hope we can get to the bottom of it..
    https://youtu.be/RdBsqr7gGpA

All the clickable locations are over-ridden by either the window open or cockpit open click-spots.
    At 2:12+ the cockpit is opened and drops away, taking it's click-spot with it and making all the click-spots on the LH side suddenly work as intended
    Opening the windows has no effect as the click-spot doesn't move.

Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    I made this photograph there:
    Daan,

I don't know whether it is just me, but I can't see the images.....

Cheers,
    Huub

I've posted a video illustrating the click-spot problem in the hope we can get to the bottom of it..

All the clickable locations are over-ridden by either the window open or cockpit open click-spots.
    At 2:12+ the cockpit is opened and drops away, taking it's click-spot with it and making all the click-spots on the LH side suddenly work as intended

Cheers
    Keith
    Hi,

I am currently carrying my Cessna 150s to MSFS and I have the same problem. I've been trying to get around these problems for more than 3 weeks without success.
    It seems to me that the problem of the management of the mouse rectangles is a problem of MDL management by ASOBO. In their version 1.8.3.0 they tried to circumvent this problem awkwardly by removing completely the management of this function in the MDLs and they put it back following the uploads in the Zendesk .
    In the current version, some mouse rectangles behave strangely, they seem to hide the whole screen surface. This phenomenon is random and seems to depend on the hierarchy of objects in the modeling tool (Gmax, Blender or 3DS). By attaching these mouse rectangles to other parts, using dummies or changing the relationship between objects, this defect can sometimes be eliminated.

Some of my aircraft have this problem and others are absolutely not subject to it. That's why I think the problem is on the ASOBO side and not in our files. Moreover these planes behave quite normally in FSX or Prepar3D v1.x - v5.

Didier "Lagaffe"

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Daan,

I don't know whether it is just me, but I can't see the images.....

Cheers,
    Huub
    Nope, it's not just you, can't see those pictures either. Using Edge Chromium or Firefox.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Nice shots guys, I recognise Bakkum, Haarlem and Uitgeest, but why doesn't anyone ever fly over Noordwijk or Voorhout?

Cheers,
    Huub
    Voorhout:
    jk8204

jk8206

sold my house in Voorhout just two months ago, but I found it in the sim..

and Noordwijk
    jk8207

jk8209

jk8213

I couldn't remember where you live exactly, Huub, but I'm sure you heard me overhead.

and a visit to ESA-ESTEC, where my wife worked at the time:
    jk8212
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I couldn't remember where you live exactly, Huub, but I'm sure you heard me overhead.

and a visit to ESA-ESTEC, where my wife worked at the time:
    jk8212
    Thanks Jan Kees, highly appreciated . My house is on several shots amd the area is very recognisable. It is a pity the lighthouse and the large churches in Noordwijk en Voorhout are missing as these are nice landmarks.

The shot from ESA-ESTEC is appreciated as well as I will be there again tomorrow. Due to Cocid-19 only a very select group of people is still present..... At first glance ESA-ESTEC looks very good, but when you look closer you see MSFS had problems with the correct building height. And a building which was still under construction has received a very odd look.

I think I heard you flying over the area earlier, but I didn't recognise the sound of the mercury engine

Cheers,
    Huub

Orbx netherlands also did not have any churches, I wonder why everybody ignores these clear landmarks?

jk8189

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    I made this photograph there:
    There we go again guys:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200829_105857405_HDR.jpg   IMG_20200829_150537806_HDR.jpg   IMG_20200829_150226774.jpg  

Cheers
    Keith
    Keith,

Thanks for that!

Reading the story by Didier, I doubt if we get it sorted now. I might shed some light on the hierarchy. @lagaffe, does it matter what the original size is of the clickspot (in FSX) was? The clickspots of the canopy are of course on large objects, but I'm curious if a simple, small switch clickspot will also cover the entire screen.

Cheers, Daan

Daan,
    is this a restoration project of a "real" airframe? Or a complete rebuild? Man, now I want that real one so bad on my balcony

The last time I came across it I only knew about the Fokker G1 project, totally slipped my observation there was this beauty in progress!!!

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Daan,
    is this a restoration project of a "real" airframe? Or a complete rebuild? Man, now I want that real one so bad on my balcony

The last time I came across it I only knew about the Fokker G1 project, totally slipped my observation there was this beauty in progress!!!

Regards
    Alex
    Alex,

It's a complete rebuild, although using a number of original parts. You could say, it's a new Fokker D.21.
    They have a Facebook page

if a simple, small switch clickspot will also cover the entire screen.
    The Power button of the Aerosoft K-21 covers the whole screen, so Yes
    Cheers
    Keith

The Power button of the Aerosoft K-21 covers the whole screen, so Yes
    Cheers
    Keith
    That is a pity.

The only workaround would be, IF we can discover some logic on what clickspot covers first, to make a one-way clickspot. Something like a small polygon with a visibility condition. Click once, and it disappears, and the clickspot with it. Probably.

Members who have read this thread: 0