Im just a beta tester but I get this bs on my YOUTUBE~!

Thread: Im just a beta tester but I get this bs on my YOUTUBE~!

Im just a beta tester but I get this bs on my YOUTUBE~!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KwT...8VbxVdMu0AqH24

I'm just a friend testing a friends little pet project..but it has sure pulled out the haters, I deleted most of the posts becausre they were so idiotic...but this one I will leave up to rub it in once Woody finishes his little pet project there.

I hate haters and people with no reason.

And I'm not as diplomatic as your friend Crash...I will just tell you to *blank* off and not care what you all think..

What cr1 is doing is real cool, I think its stupid to give it out for free but its not my gig so that is that. All I'm doing is showing a few vids her and there of a nice thing my beer drinking J ripping buddy is doing. I don't have anything to do with this development no do I want to contribute to it. I just help my buddy with a little testing is all.

I hope you all are well.

Members +
    Take heart, we really appreciate what you are doing, do not let that guy distract you at all.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I think all developers get some of that.

There was one that I was assisting with my rw knowledge of a particular type, that when he sent it out to the beta testing clique...they complained it didn't work correctly...until I provided copy of the relevant page from aircraft manual that said it did. He was so down heartened he nearly gave up.

Like Robbie says, don't let it get to you...

Ttfn

Pete

Its one of the blessings from social media. In the digital word you can comment on whatever you want in a way you should never address anybody face-to-face. When you want to make your opinion verifiable you can even write your own truth in a blog or web-site.

Cheers,
    Huub

I don't know what psychological condition social media has unleashed, but it's amazing the number of people in our world who secretly harbor an inner ***hole. All it takes to activate that personality is a computer keyboard, and it's amplified by the rapidly growing online prevalence of "Havethelastworditis."

Honestly, I wasn't a very nice kid growing up, and I know that I hurt a lot of people. That started to change when one of the decent adults I interacted with (a man who I still respect greatly) said to me "just be nice." It's such a simple rule to live by, and I still do to this day. Unfortunately there's not a lot of people on InstaFaceTwitterTube who do. I'm sorry you have to deal with them.

And thanks for Beta testing the project! I've since moved almost solely to FSX, but FS9 is like that one lover that I split with amicably: I enjoyed my years with FS9 and I have nothing but fond memories. Sometimes it's nice to sit down and catch up. It's still installed on my rig, and after watching your video, I cranked it up, wiped off the dust, jumped back to 1962 and took my old favorite DC-8 for a spin. Ah...good times When the project is done, I'll definitely be giving it a try!
    Last edited by nagpaw; October 22nd, 2020 at 07:06. Reason: Fixed a typo. Too early in the morning to spell.
    America never stopped being great.

Thanks Fellas, and Woody called me up to apologize for starting a huge ruckas for me, thing is its not him. But like I said before He will always put himself under you and just not react to such banter. Thankfully he came to the channel and straightened it out. It's quiet now.

But like he said Fs9 is a TRUE classic. Its like that 66' what ever hot rod you love so much, yeah the new 2020 model is faster, way more advanced, and has a platoon of new features, but the 66 is so full of memories that it just cant die. Its a true Antique and I would say probably one of the 1st games of all time to ever be considered that, as a classic antique to be restored and kept alive for as long as possible.

You guys are lucky to have a few funky dudes like Woody and a few others. These people will keep it going. The thing that surprises me most is that I never knew Woody knew so much about scenery! I always just knew him for his planes and of course his work on the big name games.

We will be getting a work of art one day I think.

Thanks guys!

Well maybe if you’re were an adult instead of replying with filthy language like a redneck wasted on cheap beer, you’d handle it.

i don’t think what I saw is that great and think it’s average at best. Welcome to the real world. It’s called observation, not ‘being a hater’.

Constructive criticism can be a good thing. If you’re humble.

I have decided to pull the pin on this development. My customer service girl is being sworn at, abused by people who obviously are against this development. Yes all calls are recorded at Cr1. They will be dealt with by the authorities. Also the amount of nasty emails and messages I'm getting over this is unreal.

I work for one day on the sim, make a start how ever small it was in a direction that one else was able to do or wasn't doing and wham I get all this hate.

Well the gig is cancelled. I don't need this kind of head ache...seriously.

I also think its time for me to concentrate on my new projects, If people don't want this or have nothing better to do then bash designers then let the community die i guess because who needs it.
    Its probably time for me to retire from this and all forums. I dont think I will be back. I have good friends here but I can talk to them else where.

You will have to get updates only from contacting me through cr1 or just wait for Nels at flight sim.com to tell you as he is a very good friend of mine. Seriously Im kinda done right now.

Sorry but I was just having fun and it turned out to be nothing but a huge night mare!

Bye.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Icon28

There people who are against this development.... really????

Is it a movement that somebody just started??? Lol

Members +
    Jon_aus, forgive me if I call you that, as you have not, unlike most of us, used your name. (Probably Jon, anyway), but for the object of this post, I shall call you 'Troll'

Congratulations on your 43rd message post in 7 years. ..

Anyway.. You must be very proud of yourself for you your actions. Once again, it is the vitriol & ingratitude of trolls like you that have caused well known & very respected developers to leave our forums & our hobby. I'm sure that you are unaware that he is one of the most respected developers that still support us, especially with freeware.
    Your comments, of a small video clip, after a couple of hours of developing, cannot, in any manner, be described as constructive criticism., but as hate speech.

SHAME ON YOU!!

SOH has never been the place for this, & I suggest that you go back to AV__, where this kind of speech is the norm, I'm sure you will be welcome there & find yourself quite at home.
    I take it for granted that you have never developed anything anything for the sim, ever, & probably never thanked any developer in appreciation, for any freeware you have downloaded.

To Thomas & Slim Pickins, what can one say? Trolls do not belong here, & we really appreciate what the two have have done for our hobby, & what you have shared with us. On behalf of us 66'ers, thank you!!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Jon_aus, forgive me if I call you that, as you have not, unlike most of us, used your name. (Probably Jon, anyway), but for the object of this post, I shall call you 'Troll'

Anyway.. You must be very proud of yourself for you your actions. Once again, it is the vitriol & ingratitude of trolls like you that have caused well known & very respected developers to leave our forums & our hobby. I'm sure that you are unaware that he is one of the most respected developers that still support us, especially with freeware.
    Your comments, of a small video clip, after a couple of hours of developing, cannot, in any manner, be described as constructive criticism., but as hate speech.

SHAME ON YOU!!

SOH has never been the place for this, & I suggest that you go back to AV__, where this kind of speech is the norm, I'm sure you will be welcome there & find yourself quite at home.
    I take it for granted that you have never developed anything anything for the sim, ever, & probably never thanked any developer in appreciation, for any freeware you have downloaded.

To Thomas & Slim Pickins, what can one say? Trolls do not belong here, & we really appreciate what the two have have done for our hobby, & what you have shared with us. On behalf of us 66'ers, thank you!!
    I can only second what zswbbie1 said above. I no longer fly FS9, but it is still installed, in all It's glory.

Tom and Slim are indeed some of the most knowledgeable people in this hobby, and I only wish them well. They will be missed here. I will look for their posts over at flightsim.com.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post

SHAME ON YOU!!

ah excuse me? Troll? For saying someone should use better language?
    if that’s enough to cancel a project...oh my.

Members +
    On that note, I unreservedly withdraw my previous comments.
    I was far too quick & impulsive on the draw.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

For the record Thomas and I are two completely different people in how we think or approach projects or life in general.. We've been very close friends for probably 30 years since university. We work for two different companies I work for Ubisoft and Tom contracts through cr1 to anybody who's anybody out there in the gaming world. I don't profess to be a flight Sim designer. In fact I could be accused as being one of those people that download and don't say very much especially thanks. But I will say after over $7,000 investment in payware add-ons for flights sim addons that I very easily could have built myself if I had the time, I feel I am what I would consider a pretty good supporter. Now on to the language on my YouTube channel and I will stress the word "my YouTube channel" not yours. If I want to use that medium and as the one place that I go to let off steam then I will do just that because that YouTube channel belongs to me. If I swear at you because your ignorant...then I'll swear at you...you don't have to come to my channel...you don't have to come to anything that I do... I never invited you so I'll say what I want to say. Anyways this went far deeper than just what this Jon person claims and it went beyond only him which added to the frustration for Tom so I'll have a chat with Tom. Tom's a big-hearted guy and he's not a quitter but I wouldn't think about him coming back to any forms once he says he's done he's pretty much done he's that type of guy. My feeling on this is that there are other teams moving into this game to redevelop it in and modernize it because that is the trend right now in the gaming industry to take something old that is proven has enough time between its release and now to be released and revamped to a much more modern state and people are making millions of dollars doing this. I think that Tom just stumbled into a hornet's nest or into a bear trap didn't know what he was getting into... not that he can't do the job don't get me wrong that guy can do the job without even breaking a sweat but I don't think he knew that there were people that would attack him. I think there are other developments coming and you're going to see very expensive payware coming up that was developed off of the fs 9 game engine. Wherebas Tom was going to give it to you for free they would charge you 50 bucks and try to get rich from it and I think that's what is happening I'm not saying Jon is a part of that he probably isn't because by the estimation of the size of his brain I don't think he could be...but I think from the other comments that I have seen as I've been down to the cr1 office and talked to Tanya and read the things that people are saying to her..I mean wow.. she has nothing to do with this and it's shocking so anyways I'll go talk to the ol' boy and I don't think he's going to quit I just think he's going to go quiet...and to the other posters don't apologize for anything when you speak the truth you speak the truth ok...its ok to stand up for something..truth will always boil to the top you cannot hide the truth so just say it.

Let's move to a new topic.

And I will add one more thing before I go on to more friendlier things to talk about. Tom and icky went way back guys I mean way back to where Tom contacted icky about a combat flight simulator 1 add-on that icky made it was the default 190 with a cheat mod in it. Tom was so impressed with icky that they became great friends and Tom and icky made lots of cheats LOL.

When icky decided to start the outhouse icky was having trouble with server issues and getting enough bandwidth to get it going so Tom stepped in and said here take my server and once you're ready to go then you'll be okay but use my server until you're ready to go. He also hosted massive freeware pro releases that no other server not even Avsim could handle he did it free of charge and he did it to support the community cuz he believed and he still believes the community needs to have a certain amount of freeware it must have this . My viewpoints are completely different than this but I just wanted to say that Tom never ever mentions that on any of his posts he never brags about it but that is the truth and when icky died and Tom heard about it Tom took two weeks off of work that's how upset he was. Anyways we need to think about our developers as people just not a faceless person on the other side of your screen they have feelings they're just people it's like some of you guys are fantastic truck drivers unbelievable drywallers the best framers the best painters these are things that we don't have no concept of guys like me and Tom but we admire those people everybody has a place in this world and everybody deserves respect until they act in a way that they don't deserve respect but there's always a Redemption there's always a chance to turn around we should always be ready to give them people that anyways we need to get onto a funner topic we need to get back into the blue skies the pretty clouds the sun rays we need to hear those Merlin engines we need to stop talking about stuff like this we need to just be a community.

Icon4

Guys, please behave. This is not exactly what I like to read after a very long, too busy and quite disappointing day at work.

When you want to call names, offend or annoy people, please make an account on twitter, facebook, you-tube, start a blog, vlog or whatever and do you can do whatever you like to do over there.

And just for the record I'm a true believer in freeware. I think sharing the things we make, how genius, good, nice or just simple they are, makes us a real community.

Cheers,
    Huub

I do hope Tom reconsiders, I understand and respect his choice, just a shame, a real shame to see these things happen.

Maybe if he just did it here instead of youTube, we don't need videos, screenshots would be adequate.

Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 0