Dev One uploads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dev One uploads

Dev One uploads

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Props

Description: The Miles M.3 Falcon is a 1930s British three/four-seat cabin monoplane aircraft designed by Miles Aircraft Limited.

M.3B Falcon Six
    Three-seat version with a 200hp de Havilland Gipsy Six engine. 11 built, including 1 Falcon Six designated M.3, but not including 2 M.3Bs later converted to M.3E and F.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Miles M3B Falcon Six
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Dev One uploads

Keith has asked if I would upload all his works here at the Outhouse. They are spread between here (just 1), Flightsim, CBFsim and the now offline Britsim. I'll make a tentative start tonight, but have some stuff to do also.

Thank you to Keith and I hope you all enjoy.

Keep track of them here,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=99459&sort=d

Jamie

Percival K3 Vega Gull

Description: The Percival Vega Gull was a 1930s British, four-seater touring aircraft built by Percival Aircraft Limited. It was a single-engine, low-wing (Folding), wood-and-fabric monoplane with a fixed tailwheel undercarriage.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Percival K3 Vega Gull
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dev1_028.jpg  

Members +
    Well done... Awesome stuff..
    More late nights!!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

not tonight though, gremlins are afoot, having technical difficulties. will try again tomorrow.

Jamie

Keith's stuff is sublime.

I beta tested the Percival Provost many years ago and can report that it is a superb rendition of this very
    classic british training aircraft.

It does exactly as it says on the tin and is a very rewarding flyer.

Pete Watkins did all the repaints for it too.

Putting this on hold for a (short) while I get some stuff sorted out, sorry guys. Technology not playing along at my end. Windows 10 and optical drives seems to be at the heart of it, not for the first time.

ATB,
    Jamie

SOH-CM-2023
    W10....uuuurgh - my son insisted that I change from W8.1 to W10......when he upsized my SSD......
    Keith

Got my issues with my rig fixed, now I need to burn some discs for work. Will get back on this as soon as I get a chance.

cheers,
    Jamie

Keith,
    Beautiful work there, love 'em!

Many thanks for models.

Cheers

Shessi

I will get back to this soon, real life just threw me a curve ball.

Apologies,
    Jamie

No need to apologise Jamie, we all have times where real life gets in the way of more important things

Cheers,
    Huub

Miles M3 prototype G-ACTM

Description: BACKGROUND.
    Having found 5 photographs of this aircraft I decided to modify my M3A Falcon model to represent the prototype M3 Falcon G-ACTM that took part in the London to Melbourne race in 1934 & flown by H.L.Brook. Unfortunately he was unable to reach Melbourne within the allotted time due to sustaining propeller damage in Rome & had to wait for a replacement to be shipped to him.
    Following a sojourn in Australia he then set a record breaking solo return flight to Lympne in Sussex of 7 days 19 hours 15 secs. One leg of 1700 miles from Jodhpur to Basra was accomplished non-stop.

My thanks go to the Beta testers at Britsim, cbfsim & SOH.

Happy Landings

Keith Paine

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Miles M3 prototype G-ACTM

Percival K2 Vega Gull

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival K2 Vega Gull. A logical development of the Percival D3 Gull, the Vega Gull was enlarged to accommodate four people in a side by side arrangement. Initially fitted with a fixed pitch prop, later production model used the DH Gipsy Six II with a VP prop and defined as a type K2. This model attempts to represent the sole extant and airworthy aircraft - G-AEZJ. Designed for FS2004 it will port over to FSX SP2 and FSXA, with wingfold not working in FSXA.

Happy Landings.

-------------oooOOOOooo--------------

Thanks to the BETA testers, their input/comments are most appreciated.

Copyright Keith Paine, December 2017.

This model is freeware & should remain so.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival K2 Vega Gull
    Last edited by Desert Rat; October 29th, 2020 at 14:59.

FS2004/FSX Percival D3 Gull 6

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival D3 Gull 6. The next development of Percival Gull series which was used by many record breaking pilots in the late 1930's. Two models are included in this package, both of which are still extant, with VH-CCM being airworthy and HB-OFU residing at Canberra Museum but registered as G-AERD. Different start up smoke effects are included but must be selected in the aircraft.cfg file for either model. By Keith Paine. (FSX users see also PERCIVAL_D3_GULL_FSX_TEXTURES.ZIP)

-------------oooOOOOooo--------------

Thanks to the BETA testers, their input/comments are most appreciated.

Now onto the next development, an extant production Vega Gull....

Copyright Keith Paine, September 2017.

This model is freeware & should remain so.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival D3 Gull 6

Next two....

....just FSX skins/versions. But some might be interested.

FS2004/FSX/P3D Percival D1 Gull With Cirrus Engine

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Percival D1 Gull With Cirrus Engine. This is the prototype Percival Gull, G-ABUR, being Edgar Percival's 4th design and is a development of the Hendy 302. It is depicted here as it was flown in the 1932 King's Cup Air Race. 2048 textures are included for better definition in FSX, but it remains a port-over. So do not forget to rename the aircraft.cfg by removing the appropriate FSX or FS9 prefix!

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Percival D1 Gull With Cirrus Engine

FS2004/FSX/P3D Percival D1 Gull With Javelin Engine

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Percival D1 Gull With Javelin Engine. This is a development of the prototype D1 Gull G-ABUR but fitted with the Napier Javelin III engine and having the modified fin, rudder and glazed canopy. It is depicted here as flown in the 1933 King's Cup Air Race. 2048 textures are included for better definition in FSX/P3D, but it remains a port-over. Do not forget to rename the aircraft.cfg file bye deleting the FS9 or FSX prefix.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Percival D1 Gull With Javelin Engine

FS2004/FSX Percival D2 Gull Four

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival D2 Gull Four. This model represents the extant 10th production aircraft that has been rebuilt and resides in Australia. It was originally fitted with a Napier Javelin III engine and registered G-ACHA in June 1933. Fitted with a Gipsy Six engine in 1934, but this was changed to a Gipsy Major when sold to Australia in 1935. Differences from the Prototype D1 included a redesigned and more raked windscreen an enlarged and extended wing root fairing, removal of the cockpit cross brace behind the pilot and the fitting of a speed brake under the fuselage. Restored to the Australian register in 1999.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival D2 Gull Four

FS2004/FSX Planet Satellite

Description: FS2004/FSX Planet Satellite. Designed in 1946/7 by a consulting engineer with no previous aeronautical experience who wanted to create a truly monocoque aircraft. It was constructed from Magnesium - Zirconium alloy which is 40% lighter than aluminium. It was displayed at the 1948 Farnborough airshow. Transferred to Blackbushe for test flights, but unfortunately it only flew (well hopped) twice as the undercart attachment structure was too weak and the UK ARB grounded the aircraft. Funds were unavailable for redesign and strengthening so it languished at Redhill until 1958. It had many novel features and was predicted to be fast for its time on the installed power. Port over possible to FSX with some minor problems. Previously uploaded to Britsim.com in July 2012.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Planet Satellite

I didn't know the model and I didn't know the aircraft. When I first saw it I thought Keith had done a Bugatti racer as well. The allow which was used (MgZr) is still frequently used in space industry.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Huub, I do have a vague memory of this aircraft because my father worked at Blackbushe & we would visit with him at weekends as our trip out for us - it really was for my father to keep an eye on the servicing of Airwork Ltd aircraft - he was Chief Inspector/ Servicing Manager at the time. I don't remember getting close to it though - memory not too good I was only 10 at the time! Quite a lot of detail available on the internet & the wing construction was different but was strong enough under static test, just a pity about the central structure.
    Keith

FS2004/FSX/P3D Parnall Hendy 302

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Parnall Hendy 302. Manufactured by Parnall & Co for Basil Henderson, it was his second design using his patented wing construction. Both the Hendy Hobo and the Hendy 302 were test flown and raced by Edgar Percival and when Percival bought the design rights he incorporated a lot of the Hendy 302 ideas into his Gull series, so this aircraft can be likened to being the progenitor of the Percival Gull, Vega Gull and Proctor. Only one was built but it was used as an engine test bed and had subsequent modifications. It was withdrawn from use in 1938. Designed for FS2004, it will portover to FSX and P3D, although there are texture shine problems and the usual non-click spots in P3D.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Parnall Hendy 302

FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Mouse

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Mouse. Three seater designed in 1932 with many innovative patented items. This model shows it in its modified state for the 1934 Kings Cup air race. Only one was made and as sales were not forthcoming, Comper went into liquidation, with the aircraft de-registered in December 1936, presumably scrapped. Tested in FS2004 and FSX, understand usable in P3D, but with some shading issues and unusable VC click spots.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Mouse

FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Kite

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Kite. Essentially a two seat Comper Streak, but with the lighter and less powerful 90 HP Pobjoy Niagara. She participated in the preliminary rounds of the 1934 Kings Cup air races but was eliminated. No orders were forthcoming and Comper went into liquidation and the aircraft was scrapped at the end of 1935. Tested in FS2004, FSX SP2, FSXA and understand is usable in P3D with some unworkable VC clicks.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Kite

Members who have read this thread: 2