Dev One uploads - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dev One uploads

FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Streak

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Props

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Streak. Racing aircraft designed by Nick Comper. It competed in the Deutsch de la Meurth cup in 1934, but was totally outclassed and had to retire when the undercarriage failed to retract in the second round. It later competed in the 1934 and 1935 Kings Cup race but was eliminated when it failed to reach the handicapped speed. It was scrapped at Heston in 1937. Tested in FS2004, FSXA and FSX SP2. Understand possible to use in P3D.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Comper Streak
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

FS2004/FSX/P3D Arrow Active Mk II

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Arrow Active Mk II. This is the second improved version of an aircraft designed in 1931. Constructed of steel, aluminium and fabric it competed in the UK Kings Cup air races. Refurbished in 1958 and fitted with a Gipsy Major engine, it has now been returned to its original Gipsy III engine and it resides at Breighton with The Real Aircraft Company. Designed to be used in FS2004 it will portover to FSX with only an engine start problem. It can also be used in P3D, although mods are needed to change the prop texture on the rear face.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Arrow Active Mk II

FS2004/FSX/P3D Bunty AKA Civilian Coupe Mk2

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D Bunty AKA Civilian Coupe Mk2. Sole survivor of five built and flown in the early 1930's it now resides at Biggin Hill. Port over possible to FSX and to P3D, but with the usual caveats. Please read the readmes, there is one for FS2004 and the other for FSX. Sound file of Genet engine supplied by Scorpious.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D Bunty AKA Civilian Coupe Mk2

FS2004/FSX/P3D DeHavilland DH90 Dragonfly

Description: FS2004/FSX/P3D DeHavilland DH90 Dragonfly. Designed for FS2004, it will port over to FSX and Prepar3D with the usual differences. There are five models included in the package covering the two extant aircraft, G-AEDU and ZK-AYR, as fully controlled models. A third model with generalized texture mapping is also included for easy repaints. There are also two AI models, one specifically for G-AEDU and the other a generalized texture.

By Keith Paine.

(See also DH90_DRAGONFLY_FDE_V2_0.ZIP, Flightsim.com) NB. This has already been applied to this upload, no need to do it yourself. SOH Librarian.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX/P3D DeHavilland DH90 Dragonfly

FS2004 Meteor U16

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Jets

Description: FS2004 Meteor U16. This model represents as far as possible the Meteor U16 WK800 that was flown at Llanbedr until 2004. The real aircraft resides at the Boscombe Down Museum at Old Sarum. It is a bit fanciful in that it tries to show how it might have been flown with the Advanced Ground Station if TV camera technology was as good as the current 21st century devices. Trials were conducted in the '90s using technology of the period, but it was decided that it not safe enough at the time in the Llanbedr environment. The model can however be flown as a remote radio control aircraft or as a conventional aircraft. Port over to FSX possible with only engine start problem work around using default aircraft necessary.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 Meteor U16

FS2004/FSX Miles M3A Falcon Major

Description: FS2004/FSX Miles M3A Falcon Major. Shortly after manufacture this aircraft was exported to Sweden. It returned to the U.K. in the 60's retaking its original registration. It is currently airworthy and resides at Old Warden. The interior represents its current build state.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Miles M3A Falcon Major

FS2004/FSX Percival Q6

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival Q6. Designed as an elegant 6/7 seater in 1936 it first flew in 1937. The prototype aircraft is currently under a lengthy restoration and is depicted here. Four models are included that allow visibility of passengers or not in either the civil version or the impressed RAF version. Originally uploaded to Britsim in December 2011. FSX port over is possible although some FS2004 features are not compatible.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival Q6

FS2004/FSX Percival Q6 P16d

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival Q6 P16d. Designed in 1936, this is the optional retractable undercarriage version of the elegant 6/7 seater, of which only four were built. This model has a later refined flight dynamics file giving a better engine power representation. It is shown in its RAF impressed version complete with the instrumentation layout, ADF and comms equipment of the period. Originally uploaded to Britsim in April 2012.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival Q6 P16d

FS2004/FSX Chilton DW1

Description: FS2004/FSX Chilton DW1. Designed by two ex DeHavilland Technical School pupils to create a light aircraft powered by a modified Ford 10 water cooled engine. Two models are in this package, G-AESZ is currently airworthy having been restored by owner Roy Nerou, whilst G-AFGH is being rebuilt with a Carden Ford engine. Gary Jones engine sounds are included. They will port over to FSX with no known issues. Previously uploaded to Britsim in December 2010.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Chilton DW1

FS2004/FSX Chilton DW1A

Description: FS2004/FSX Chilton DW1A. This version of the Chilton is powered by a Train 4T engine. The aircraft is currently nearing a complete restoration by owner Roy Nerou. The sound file includes Don Puttenham's Blackburn Cirrus sound file as its probably the nearest that can be achieved at the moment. The model was originally uploaded to Britsim in January 2011. Will port over to FSX with no known issues.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Chilton DW1A

FS2004/FSX Miles Hawk Speed Six No 96

Description: FS2004/FSX Miles Hawk Speed Six No 96. This is a re-issue previously uploaded to Britsim.com in 2009. It depicts the M2L with the original 'bubble' canopy fitted post WWII for closed circuit racing as owned by my Uncle and as raced in the U.K. in the 1950' and 60's. It will port over to FSX and has no known issues.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Miles Hawk Speed Six No 96

FS2004/FSX Miles Hawk Speed Six No 8

Description: FS2004/FSX Miles Hawk Speed Six No 8. This is a re-issue previously uploaded to Britsim.com in 2009. It depicts the Miles M2L Hawk Speed Six in its current pre WWII configuration as designed for Luis Fontes in 1935. It will port over to FSX with no known issues.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Miles Hawk Speed Six No 8

FS2004/FSX Miles M12 Mohawk

Description: FS2004/FSX Miles M12 Mohawk. Designed expressly for Charles Lindbergh in 1935 during his period of 'exile' in Europe for long range flights. This aircraft has been rebuilt for static display at the RAF Museum in Hendon. The interior is based on the 360 degree camera view obtainable at eyerevolution.com. This model was originally uploaded to Britsim earlier in 2013. The Menasco Buccaneer engine was not a success as it was prone to overheating, although Charles Lindbergh obviously managed to keep it within limits. This model emulates this, so keep an eye on the CHT and oil temp! It will port over to FSX with some exceptions.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Miles M12 Mohawk

FS2004/FSX Miles M13 Hobby

Description: FS2004/FSX Miles M13 Hobby. A racing aircraft designed by F.G. Miles for the 1937 Kings Cup Air Race in the U.K. Problems with the retractable undercarriage design denied him the chance to compete, but in 1938 the aircraft was sold to the RAE at Farnborough for comparison trials between the 24 foot diameter wind tunnel and free flight.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Miles M13 Hobby

FS2004/FSX New Proctor I G-AHNA

Description: FS2004/FSX New Proctor I G-AHNA. This is a re-release of the author's father's Proctor G-AHNA (Nannie Ann) that he owned, maintained and raced during the 1950's in the U.K. Previously uploaded to Britsim.com in 2010. This model is a major rework and also supersedes the model released in 2008. It is shown in racing trim with various modifications to increase speed. Designed for FS2004 it will port over to FSX but there are some exceptions.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX New Proctor I G-AHNA

FS2004/FSX Percival Proctor IV And V

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival Proctor IV And V. This is a combined package re-issue of the separate issues of the four models of Proctors Mk IV and V previously uploaded to Britsim.com in 2010 and 2011. Two of the models are in rebuild in Essex whilst the IVa is on display in Belgium. They will port over to FSX, but there are some exceptions (wing fold is one for example).

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival Proctor IV And V

FS2004/FSX Percival Provost T1

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: FS2004/FSX Percival Provost T1. This is a re-release of the Provost previously uploaded to Britsim.com in 2011. It will port over to FSX with some exceptions. This paint scheme represents the displayed aircraft at RAF Museum Cosford, whilst the interior is based on ZK-PPP with help from the owner.

By Keith Paine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FSX Percival Provost T1

SOH-CM-2023

Meteor U16 upload problem

Desert Rat has done wonders in making my models available for download from SOH Library & hopefully keeping them in a safe place. Some are showing their age & my inexperience at the time of completion. I have though just done a check flight of my Meteor U16 & find that the darn thing will not rotate during take off, so I am in the process of investigating the software take off sequence. Why this has happened....dunno, but I'm having to remember what I did all those years ago. Please have patience & I will keep you posted of progress or not as the case maybe!
    Keith

Members +
    Hi Kieth, & thanks for letting us know..
    Your add-ons ARE in good hands!!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    I have though just done a check flight of my Meteor U16 & find that the darn thing will not rotate during take off, so I am in the process of investigating the software take off sequence. Why this has happened....dunno, but I'm having to remember what I did all those years ago. Please have patience & I will keep you posted of progress or not as the case maybe!
    Keith
    Panic over........I must have during the initial investigation had both the FS9 running as well as the panel.cfg & Take Off sequence .xml open (which does not appear in the current SOH version - so my mindset not correct at that time), anyway i subsequently found a stray letter p within the .xml which stopped a part of the sequence. (The odd p can appear if one is in that situation when interrupting or re starting FS9, but it does need ones cursor arrow to be in the correct item!) So the version for download in this library is good & works sufficiently well during the take off not to need any changes & my internal 'improvements' will not need to be incorporated. If any downloader finds a problem, please PM me & I will try to fix it.
    Hope folks still enjoy flying her.
    Keith

Hi Keith,
    Great selection of Brit models, fun to fly the rare and odd species.

Many thanks for these...a lot of time at the moment...just right to enjoy them!

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2023
    Shessi, Thank you for your kind words & glad that they are giving you some pleasure & alleviating some of the boredom til we can meet at Camilas again!
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 2