Hawker Fury/Hind/Audax-V2/Hardy plus Skins Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hawker Fury/Hind/Audax-V2/Hardy plus Skins Released

Shessi-Cook Yugoslav Fury revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Other

Description: Shessi-Cook Zmaj Fury II revision by UncleTgt

This is a collection of modifications for the revamp of Ted Cook's Hawker Fury done by Shessi for CFS 2. It uses the Fury I model file, all I ve done is to rename this file to avoid problems in the sim should both aircraft be present at the same time (possible over Yugoslavia or maybe Spain).

The Zmaj Fury really should have a shallower, more streamlined radiator. The main undercarriage was cantilever legs, looking like the Gladiator's, so no axle or stiffener struts, but I couldn't find a way of making these parts transparent without losing the fuselage-top wing struts so until we get a more accurate model, the MkI model will have to do.

I've modified the cockpit glass colour & reduced the model shine for camouflage paints.

I've made the 2D panel bitmap WIN 7+ safe, & provided different coloured bitmaps for the different repaints.

I did not model the underwing gunpods in the DP file as it seems these were removed & not used, the weight & speed penalties were viewed as too great. I did include a 4 x 20lb bomb load, as it's widely reported the aircraft had the ability to carry light bombs underwing, but I have yet to see any photos of Furies carrying any payload.

A new airfile was developed to represent the uprated Kestrel XVI engine of the licence-built Furies, & optimised for AI & combat performance.

The textures are:

"33" Polished Aluminium. of 6 Fghtr Regt, RYAF. This aircraft crashed when the engine cut out during aerobatics over Croatia, 21 September 1938. The pilot Capt. Marcovic walked away unharmed!

Several different paints for April 1941, in 2-colour camouflage schemes

"48" , "54", & "67"

Also a 3-colour camoflage version of "67", based on a colour profile. It's unlikely to have worn such an elaborate scheme IMHO, the few b+w photos are more suggestive of a simplere 2 -colour schem (like the other Furies).

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Shessi for his undoubted skill in bringing us a wide variety of aircraft for use in this old sim.
    Ted Cook for the original aircraft, developed originally for FS2004.
    Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+
    Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX, such a clever & versatile tool
    Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes
    Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    DEC 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Shessi-Cook Yugoslav Fury revisions UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Really beautiful stuff, both of you guys.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 2