X-Cub Perf. Mod v1.5 Ghost Fuel Tank

Thread: X-Cub Perf. Mod v1.5 Ghost Fuel Tank

X-Cub Perf. Mod v1.5 Ghost Fuel Tank

I was doing a flight in the X-Cub with the v1.5 performance mod, and pulled up my fuel to see if I needed to switch tanks. What I found is attached.

Needless to say, I was a little curious as to what the heck was going on. So after I landed, I opened up the flight model cfg file in both the stock package and the mod, and sure enough, there was a third tank with coordinates that would have put 25 gallons of fuel right in the passenger’s lap. I double-checked the Carbon Crafters sales configuration page, and there is no option for a third tank. I then copied the parameters from all the other unused tanks in the cfg file and applied them to the Left Aux line, checked the sim, and all is well again. While I was there, I also increased the steering angle from 30° to 70°, which will make ground maneuvering MUCH nicer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.10.20 - 21.51.03.78.jpg  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I just re-read their page, and they state that it's a bladder tank to extend the range. Maybe I'm wrong, but unless I see it on the Cub Crafters page as an option and the tank selector gets modified, I'm sticking with two tanks. Version 1.6.6 still has it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Interesting. I've been wanting to beef up my X Cub with better ground steering and a few more HP to get out of sandbars and such.

Members who have read this thread: 0