Denton Enterprise Airport in FSX

Thread: Denton Enterprise Airport in FSX

Denton Enterprise Airport in FSX

I discovered on Flightaware when I was researching the Wings of Rescue flights highlighted in my last post about the Carenado Embraer 120, the airport in Denton, Texas, Denton Enterprise Airport. The airport was established in 1942 and used during 1943–44 by the United States Army Air Forces as a contract glider training airfield. It was known at the time as Denton Field. Harte Flying Service provided instruction. It was used primarily by C-47 Skytrains and Waco CG-4 unpowered Gliders. The mission of the school was to train glider pilot students in proficiency in operation of gliders in various types of towed and soaring flight, both day and night, and in servicing of gliders in the field.

It was inactivated in late 1944 with the drawdown of AAFTC's pilot training program. It was then declared surplus and turned over to the Army Corps of Engineers on September 30, 1945. It was eventually discharged to the War Assets Administration (WAA) and became a civil airport in December 1946.

Denton Enterprise Airport serves as an operation base for flight and medical air ambulance training and corporate aviation, helps relieve traffic from DFW International Airport and Dallas Love Field and is an aircraft refueling center.

To create the airport I extensively used not only Google Earth for all the aerial map views for building placement; runways; taxiways and roadways which were all created in Airport Design Editor. The custom buildings were created as closely as possible using Google and Facebook sites as reference and Sketchup Make 2016 and Model Convertor X. It took a lot of time and effort but it was really fun, satisfying and a challenge.

Here are shots of the results:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34p22s21a42d9sv6g.jpg   xwxqzrywtwj0dn76g.jpg   smubh0usc6geszj6g.jpg   k3v7ot87oz11xgr6g.jpg   j1p54dd29e4nghh6g.jpg   2eancje8ow1qw1r6g.jpg  

Excellent work. Denton is about 35 minutes south of me so it would make a nice Sunday hop from North Texas Regional.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    A nice Northern TX airport is greatly appreciated. Gives me a good flight from Corpus AOR in my Flight1 B200 or Cerasim MH65 via patrolling the I35.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Nice work.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Grateful

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am going to package it up after one more check and put it in the library for everyone to enjoy. I will include all the custom bgl's in the "scenery" and the rest should be default FSX buildings.

Approved and ready for download. Looks like a nice job.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=113&id=27148
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Nice!

I went to school at the University of North Texas in Denton. Used to go over there on occasion for airshows.

flickers

On the ground there is no flickering but from the air I saw 2 old hangers from another scenery of mine I used and they were both flickering. Don't know why but I am going to replace them and put an updated download after I fix them. I will check out the whole airport from the air in a helo which is how I noticed it. Coming in to land in an aircraft is too fast especially a little jet. Thank you Falcon 409 for pointing that out. I spent so much time on it and I know from the comments it is appreciated so I want it to be right. And, speaking of helo's, I am going to start a new thread of my successes with ai helo's.

Members who have read this thread: 0