Namc ys11

Thread: Namc ys11

Namc ys11

Hi All,

A couple of years back, I found a YS11 for FSX. Unfortunately, in transfering data to my new computer, and going to Windows 10, I lost the details. I've tried a number of sites, but no luck. Anyone got any ideas?

Catboat - the NMAC YS11 was built by the Allied Flight Group (AFG) Look for a package title: YS-11ana.zip.

This had the whole model and several ANA paints for it. There is also an additional package available for military version that one is : NAMC YS-11T-A "Tomboy" v.2.7. Try the usual places.

There are a few repaints about for it but not many folk outside of Japan operated it. I have mine for the ANA the JDF and a Reeve Aleutian paint which is also about on the net. Main point is that they are both for MS2004 but I never had any issues running it in FSX. There may be a need to redo some textures into DDS but Ii cannot remember there was also a missing guage from memory the DME I changed it for something else and I also go a better RR Dart sound for it as well. Flys really well, nice VC.

Piedmont Airlines out of Winston Salem NC flew it from 68' to 82', a workhorse for them, hopefully it will be developed for MSFS 2020, for FSX AFG had a freeware, and another was a payware version, made is Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Piedmont Airlines out of Winston Salem NC flew it from 68' to 82', a workhorse for them, hopefully it will be developed for MSFS 2020, for FSX AFG had a freeware, and another was a payware version, made is Japan.
    Thanks for that information - I was unaware of the payware or FSX freeware version. I believe AFG is now no longer a working concern or is defunct.

Either way I really like the YS11 it is not the prettiest aeroplane but it is solid and dependable and the AFG model handles and flies very nicely indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Thanks for that information - I was unaware of the payware or FSX freeware version. I believe AFG is now no longer a working concern or is defunct.

Either way I really like the YS11 it is not the prettiest aeroplane but it is solid and dependable and the AFG model handles and flies very nicely indeed.
    I had the freeware FSX version, was a good rendition, with a good cockpit, and I do remember seeing the real thing for Piedmont come into Danville Va. KDAN in the 70's, those super loud RR Darts just screamed.

FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    That's the one !

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    I had the freeware FSX version, was a good rendition, with a good cockpit, and I do remember seeing the real thing for Piedmont come into Danville Va. KDAN in the 70's, those super loud RR Darts just screamed.
    I worked for Piedmont for a short time in 1970-71 and flew on the YS-11's a number of times. Darn, I just realised that was half a century ago!
    Does anyone know of a Piedmont paint for the YS-11?

On Flightsim.com search YS-11 and go to page seven half way down.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I worked for Piedmont for a short time in 1970-71 and flew on the YS-11's a number of times. Darn, I just realised that was half a century ago!
    Does anyone know of a Piedmont paint for the YS-11?
    There was one, not sure where, but it wasn't very good, would love to see a new Piedmont repaint, 1968 delivery version.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'd love to see that wonderful YS11 converted to native FSX and 64 native P3DV4.5. I had all kinds of fun flying it around Canada's Arctic.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    I'd love to see that wonderful YS11 converted to native FSX .
    I seem to have NO problems flying YS11 with VC in FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Here is screenshot flight report proof that I made few years ago as seen below:

https://calclassic.proboards.com/thr...work-abroad-ys

Regards,

Aharon

OF TOPIC but worth think about
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    I'd love to see that wonderful YS11 converted to native FSX and 64 native P3DV4.5. I had all kinds of fun flying it around Canada's Arctic.
    CG-1976 this one like quite a lot of others from 2004 that went over to FSX may not see the light of day in P3D and probably never in MSFS2020. It is quite possible to convert them to FSX Native and then rework the guages for P3D but there are a lot of copyright issues and similar problems for this to be done. One can hope the original folk may redo but groups like AFG stopped some time ago so not likely. Some will be a nightmare even if the designers agreed like the KBT Lockheed L188 Electra, lots of us had a go at trying to get it to work in FSX and while the model was excellent the VC and gauges were to put it simply - so elegantly difficult and obtuse in the original as to defy your mods or changes. I am moving across to P3D and working with some members of SOH on a couple of conversions so far two months into doing one we are back and forth on a whole range of problems that are slowly being fixed BUT will it be able to be released publicly - probably not - a real shame. Time will tell what is done or not done.

Members who have read this thread: 2