A few questions

Thread: A few questions

A few questions

Hi people,

I have a few questions about the new sim:

• Is there a way to get rid of the "goals messages"?
    • Can anyone point me to a good explanation of the "drone view", i.e. to set it up for screenshots and so forth?
    • Is there a "tower view" like in the legacy sims?

Thanks a million in advance for your replies!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I can try for the drone view:

It is a view that allows you to look from anywhere in any direction, as if you were flying a drone.
    On my computer, I use the hat on my joystick to rotate (left-right, up-down), W & S to go forward or backward, A & D to move left and right and R & F to go up and down, although I'm told it works better with a xbox controller, which I don't have.
    To set up a shot, I pause, go to drone view with the insert key, and use the keys mentioned above to set up my shot.

I have a question too:
    I'm working on this paint:
    jk7787

but I have no idea how to get rid of that annoying B decal on the tail. Which file is this, and how does it work? I've had similar problems with other paints, and always found a solution, but not in this case, so clearly I was lucky so far...who can help?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    but I have no idea how to get rid of that annoying B decal on the tail. Which file is this, and how does it work? I've had similar problems with other paints, and always found a solution, but not in this case, so clearly I was lucky so far...who can help?
    Looks like it is "BONANZA_AIRFRAME_BRANDING_DECALS_ALBD.TIF.DDS " located in "asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\TEXTURE "

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I can try for the drone view:

It is a view that allows you to look from anywhere in any direction, as if you were flying a drone.
    On my computer, I use the hat on my joystick to rotate (left-right, up-down), W & S to go forward or backward, A & D to move left and right and R & F to go up and down, although I'm told it works better with a xbox controller, which I don't have.
    To set up a shot, I pause, go to drone view with the insert key, and use the keys mentioned above to set up my shot.

I have a question too:
    I'm working on this paint:
    jk7787

I haven't looked at that plane yet, but usually, it's one of the "Decal" textures. To get rid of it, make the decal black and set it's alpha channel to black and save it in a dxt format that supports alpha channel. DXT1 with alpha should work.
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; October 18th, 2020 at 12:01.

For drone camera, the best way is to use (I use it also) any Windows console controller:

Its a small cost (you dont need Microsoft, but any Windows campatible controler) but you have many option to move camera. As default its configured from beginning too and makes it very easy to handle views.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

To turn the goals/objectives messages off, just turn off the Objectives menu option as shown here:

Thanks a million guys!!

This sim is lovely, but it's a whole new beast!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Another one: I have a fairly decent rig. Do you guys use an FPS limit?
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Another one: I have a fairly decent rig. Do you guys use an FPS limit?
    No, FPS limit its a crazy idea for me. Some people prefer 25-30 FPS (with limit)... but its very poor immersion for me personally. The eye see differnce between 30, 60 and 90 FPS / Hz. I prefer max (for Track IR), not Power point ;>.
    https://youtu.be/zquClG3j9so

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On the rig I use (as seen in my signature), I usually get FPS in the mid 30's to low 50's, using all Ultra graphics settings, so I have my FPS limited to 30 in my Nvidia settings (keeps my GPU from getting crazy hot too) and it runs butter smooth, no stutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    On the rig I use (as seen in my signature), I usually get FPS in the mid 30's to low 50's, using all Ultra graphics settings, so I have my FPS limited to 30 in my Nvidia settings (keeps my GPU from getting crazy hot too) and it runs butter smooth, no stutters.
    Thanks John! Given that we have very similar rigs (except for the CPU that is) I'm going to try that.

@YoYo: our graphics cards are quite different. you have an RTX2080TI, I just have an RTX2080Super. There is quite a difference! But thanks! Neither do I use VR. And like John, I prefer butter smooth performance.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Just a thought for the mods/admins: as this is a thread where users ask and answer questions, would you guys consider making this a sticky?

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Is there a switch to go back to the old FS keyboard commands we've had since the '80s?
    Brakes don't even work anymore.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Is there a switch to go back to the old FS keyboard commands we've had since the '80s?
    Brakes don't even work anymore.

Not.. It is, if you are unaware, developed by a totally different company that developed previous sims.
    Maybe you can reassign keys?
    Remember, it's a whole new sim, not an update or upgrade of anything else.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Yep, thats true. You can assign brake (L/R) or as axis also. No problem, but they are new commands keys.

A few things are still the same, like "B" sets a correct altimeter, and F5-F8 operate the flaps, but I haven't found much else. I have most of the vital functions (except flaps so far) mapped to my X52.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Not.. It is, if you are unaware, developed by a totally different company that developed previous sims.
    Maybe you can reassign keys?
    Remember, it's a whole new sim, not an update or upgrade of anything else.
    There is a new graphics engine, but a lot of the base game is based on and will eventually be extended from FSX

For whatever reason, the edit button is broken..

There is a new graphics engine, and the flight dynamics are something like a thousand times more granular (but still basically the same concept), but a lot of the base game is based on and will eventually be extended from FSX

For whatever reason, the edit button is broken..

There is a new graphics engine and camera system, and the flight dynamics are something like a thousand times more granular (but still basically the same concept), but a lot of the base game is based on and will eventually be extended from FSX

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    A few things are still the same, like "B" sets a correct altimeter, and F5-F8 operate the flaps, but I haven't found much else. I have most of the vital functions (except flaps so far) mapped to my X52.
    D resets the directional gyro

Any idea why when you turn on Drone Camera the plane starts to go down (without pause)?
    Any way to going to fix it?

Where is this "flag" option with infos about places?
    I have set up everything as "full real" as it gets, but I think it could be nice option turn it on/off in VFR flight (if it's in a keyboard somewhere).

Members who have read this thread: 0