Got a feeling I will be simming again...

Thread: Got a feeling I will be simming again...

Got a feeling I will be simming again...

Seeing all the fabulous screenshots I can see MSFS2020 in my future, maybe in the new year. I would like advice on the best pc build to run the sim well as I want to avoid the pauses and stutters that finally turned me off FsX and derivatives. I will buy the top end version of the sim and I hope my 37mbs can cope with the on-line scenery?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

PC with RTX 3080 if they will be available, so yes, the next year perhaps + 2TB NVMe disc for MSFS (very important if you want to have acceptable loading time and fastest way for loading photo textures), 32RAM, Intel I9 10900K and good power suppy with 850W+ . However, remember that this does not guarantee 100Fps in each situation with high settings still. MSFS is for the next 10 years, like it was with FSX. Its a race of hardware with performance, history did a circle like it was with FSX. Perhaps in the next year will be Dx12 (so will be better).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    PC with RTX 3080 if they will be available, so yes, the next year perhaps + 2TB NVMe disc for MSFS (very important if you want to have acceptable loading time and fastest way for loading photo textures), 32GB RAM, Intel I9 10900K and good power suppy with 850W+ . However, remember that this does not guarantee 100Fps in each situation with high settings still. MSFS is for the next 10 years, like it was with FSX. Its a race of hardware with performance, history did a circle like it was with FSX. Perhaps in the next year will be Dx12 (so will be better).
    FIFY
    (plus more silly characters to please the BBS Gods)

PC with RTX 3080 if they will be available, so yes, the next year perhaps + 2TB NVMe disc for MSFS (very important if you want to have acceptable loading time and fastest way for loading photo textures), 32RAM, Intel I9 10900K and good power suppy with 850W+ . However, remember that this does not guarantee 100Fps in each situation with high settings still. MSFS is for the next 10 years, like it was with FSX. Its a race of hardware with performance, history did a circle like it was with FSX. Perhaps in the next year will be Dx12 (so will be better).
    So what Asobo is saying is DX12 will NOT affect performance. What it will do is improve reflections and lighting (and maybe VR? (I made that one up, but it's logical Microsoft would include code for it, no?)).

Roger, you may also want to consider investigating VR, which will hopefully be working by the time you get into it.

I'm actually running just fine on a 4790K with 16GB and a 2070Super. But the specs YoYo quoted are a much better choice if you're building new. This one's a handme down from my son , and I added the video card.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Roger, you may also want to consider investigating VR, which will hopefully be working by the time you get into it.
    +1, yep, VR kills everything (with good resolution, like min. HP Reverb, soon G2). I hope the beta will be open soon (Im signed for beta test).

Btw. @Roger, with 2080Ti the results are very good also (for sure, with 3080/90 will be better). Today I installed (the first time) MSFS on my home PC (like in my signature). With resolution in 1440p. and mix of high-ultra settings in non city landscape (where I mostly fly, bush fly ect) I have 70-90+ FPS (with Track IR). Its nice results. On laptop with Medium/high settings I have 50-70+ fps.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I’m currently running an i7 8700k, 32gb ram and 1070ti. I can fly over London low with Orbx London city airport and Orbx London buildings installed and its really smooth. As they add stuff to it, I guess it will begin to struggle but it’s the smoothest flight sim I’ve installed out of the box yet having the Most amazing graphics. I’m planning a 3070 upgrade when it’s released.

If you tweak settings, you can even get good frames with a "middle of the road" gaming system. I'm running an ASUS laptop and generally get 25-35 FPS:

AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
    16.0 GB RAM
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

PC with RTX 3080 if they will be available, so yes, the next year perhaps + 2TB NVMe disc for MSFS (very important if you want to have acceptable loading time and fastest way for loading photo textures)...
    So here's a question for the H/W gurus... would you benefit from having my Rolling Cache on a separate drive from the Sim and Manual Cache?

In response to the OP, I wold get the absolute ballsiest GPU/CPU combo I could afford. The sim isn't only going to get more and more bloated as Asobo adds features and you purchase add-ons. So what is acceptable today, may not cut it in a year. Plus, who whats to compromise their settings to save a few bucks unless you HAVE to. 4K and VR don't help the situation either!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

All interesting stuff. Thanks for the replies.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 0