FSX/P3D MD-87 Airtanker Package

Thread: FSX/P3D MD-87 Airtanker Package

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Aircraft

Description: This aircraft modification as with the other "ScorchMod" airtanker conversions comes from a long line of development from the original aircraft. This modification is based around the freeware released SGA DC-9. Although not an MD-87, the models differ only slightly and I felt it was a great platform to do this modification to. The original was made FSX Native by Eagle Rotorcraft. The tank fairing was designed and attached in our group at Simulated Air Tanker Operations. The pack also includes sounds I've modified from Benoit Plamondon's original JT8D soundset for the DC-9/MD-87 to mesh better with FSX and P3D. I have also updated external lighting on the model to reflect the MD-87s better. Model is still FSX native, but was constructed and tested in P3Dv4.5. This likely means it is also compatible in V5 of P3D as well. FSX users will have custom thumbnails. FSX Native conversion by Eagle Rotorcraft. External tank fairing designed by Jeremy Ulloa "tankerguy72." Airtanker modification by Nicholas Mitchell "Scorch00."

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D MD-87 Airtanker Package
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Tried the link and got a message that it does not exist. FYI Harley Dude

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    Tried the link and got a message that it does not exist. FYI Harley Dude
    Thanks for the info. I got a PM from SOH and there was an error with the file. I've resubmitted the file so it will be back on here with a new link hopefully soon.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

FSX/P3D MD-87 Airtanker Package.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Jets

Description: This aircraft modification as with the other "ScorchMod" airtanker conversions comes from a long line of development from the original aircraft.

This modification is based around the freeware released SGA DC-9. Although not an MD-87, the models differ only slightly and I felt it was a great platform to do this modification to. The original was made FSX Native by Eagle Rotorcraft. The tank fairing was designed and attached in our group at Simulated Air Tanker Operations. The pack also includes sounds I've modified from Benoit Plamondon's original freeware JT8D soundset for the DC-9/MD-87 to mesh better with FSX and P3D. I have also updated external lighting on the model to reflect the MD-87s better. Model is still FSX native, but was constructed and tested in P3Dv4.5. This likely means it is also compatible in V5 of P3D as well. FSX users will have custom thumbnails. I have also included weight references for use in FireFigherX. This jet can be a challenge to fly fully loaded out of airfields with runways shorter than 5200 feet without the weight and payloads properly configured.

This package includes all 7 of Erickson Aero's aircraft. FSX Native conversion by Eagle Rotorcraft.

Internal VC model (DC10) by Thomas Ruth.

External tank fairing designed by Jeremy Ulloa."tankerguy72."

Airtanker modification by Nicholas Mitchell "Scorch00."

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D MD-87 Airtanker Package.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Good to go now!

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 3