CLS F-117 see through VC!

Thread: CLS F-117 see through VC!

CLS F-117 see through VC!

Now that I'm starting to get an understanding of editing textures I pulled the CLS F-117 out of the hangar. I stopped flying it because being able to see through the VC gave me sad feelings. I have been successful in blocking the see through side panels. So I've gone from this to this! I just took this texture and used the "preview transparency" icon and sure enough. Everything that is black here is actually invisible in the VC. I used the fill tool and changed it to grey which appears black in the VC so I'm happy there. (I also had to do the same with the main gear wheels as the cooling holes showed the background through the wheel.) Now, I'd like to ask this.. Does anyone know where are they hiding the bmp for the rudder pedals so I can fix them as well?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   5.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Now that I'm starting to get an understanding of editing textures I pulled the CLS F-117 out of the hangar. I stopped flying it because being able to see through the VC gave me sad feelings. I have been successful in blocking the see through side panels. So I've gone from this to this! I just took this texture and used the "preview transparency" icon and sure enough. Everything that is black here is actually invisible in the VC. I used the fill tool and changed it to grey which appears black in the VC so I'm happy there. (I also had to do the same with the main gear wheels as the cooling holes showed the background through the wheel.) Now, I'd like to ask this.. Does anyone know where are they hiding the bmp for the rudder pedals so I can fix them as well?
    Hello! I can't help you, but I ask if you will share your work!
    I fly often this bird in FSX and I'll be very happy to have this upgrade
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello! I can't help you, but I ask if you will share your work!
    I fly often this bird in FSX and I'll be very happy to have this upgrade
    I'll find out. I think it would be considered a repaint as I wouldn't be sharing any gauges or anything. If I get the okay I'll post it.

I'll find out. I think it would be considered a repaint as I wouldn't be sharing any gauges or anything. If I get the okay I'll post it.
    Ok, thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Ok, thank you !
    Rami says I'm good. I'm going to make up an install kit and upload it to the site today.

Rami says I'm good. I'm going to make up an install kit and upload it to the site today.
    Great !!! Thank you in advance !

CLS F-117 see through VC! fix package is approved. You can download it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=186&id=27145
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post

CLS F-117 see through VC! fix package is approved. You can download it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=186&id=27145

Nice work, Josh.

If you are looking for the pedals to fix, they are located on F-117 cockpit.bmp in the upper left corner.

And if you know of any repaints... please share.

Thanks.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Nice work, Josh.

If you are looking for the pedals to fix, they are located on F-117 cockpit.bmp in the upper left corner.

And if you know of any repaints... please share.

Thanks.
    THANK YOU WARHORSE!!!! I don't know how I missed that for two days but sure enough there it was! Right where you said! (Maybe because I was looking for two pedals?) I still don't have my head even half wrapped around texturing yet. There are a few I'd like to do but I need someone sitting beside me to train me like a good monkey! At least I was able to do this. With 17 hits already it looks like others wanted it too. (I wonder how many simmers were like me and shelved it because of this particular problem?)

As for repaints for it, I haven't found any yet. (Granted I haven't been trying too hard though.) I'd like to find Tony Tolin's plane from the 37th TFW right when it was unveiled as his was the first model of the F-117 that I built. However, as a fan of Lloyd Kaufman's Troma Films I'm perfectly content flying around in Toxic Avenger! (The flag display aircraft for Casper Weinberger is cool too.)

Members who have read this thread: 1