Interexchangable????

Thread: Interexchangable????

Interexchangable????

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I am curious to know if any
    livery is interchangeable between Jahn BT-76 Basler model base and Jahn C-47/DC-3 model base provided that I am referring to repaint of only only body fuselage including tail and not not to wings or engines??

Thanks,

Aharon

SOH-CM-2023
    The Basler is a bit longer. So probably not...
    You can't take the sky from me...

the Basler is longer, has squared of wings and a higher tail so I think the paints won't fit that well.
    If you compare the texture files you will see the difference. especially the longer body.

Thanks to both of you

I did not know that BT-76 Basler is bit longer than DC-3/C-47. I thought that BT-76 Basler is basically DC-3/C-47 with NEW engines and new cockpit panel with new gauges. My mistake

Regards,

Aharon

Basler

I always thought that the Basler was a re-engined Super DC3, which is a completely different aircraft.

SOH-CM-2023
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks to both of you

I did not know that BT-76 Basler is bit longer than DC-3/C-47. I thought that BT-76 Basler is basically DC-3/C-47 with NEW engines and new cockpit panel with new gauges. My mistake

Regards,

Aharon
    I forget how long (I think 36") but there is a splice added in front of the wings. This is to make up for the lighter weight of the engines. I had two interviews there last October but never got a call back. Two of my cousins work there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Brian,

Thanks for great hyperlink where I found clear explanation how the plane got longer as seen below!!

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 3