The latest update, 1.9.5.0 broke my MSFS install

Thread: The latest update, 1.9.5.0 broke my MSFS install

The latest update, 1.9.5.0 broke my MSFS install

Thanks Microsoft. Until this "update", I never had a single CTD. Now? That is all I get. Crap. NC

I received a response on a different forum, telling me I should delete my Rolling Cache file.

Ok, fine and dandy, except I can't locate the damn file. NC

Hello there sir,

Please go to your general settings, then Data, and look for Rolling Cache Path. It will tell you where that file is located.

I hope that helps fix your crashes.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

If it's not your rolling cache, then it'll probably be an incompatible add-on. I did read that the update is less tolerant of errors in some files, so I'd temporary remove everything from your community folder and see if that helps, then add them back one by one.
    Always a good idea to remove all add-ons before an update anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    If it's not your rolling cache, then it'll probably be an incompatible add-on. I did read that the update is less tolerant of errors in some files, so I'd temporary remove everything from your community folder and see if that helps, then add them back one by one.
    Always a good idea to remove all add-ons before an update anyway.
    I agree, I think that's what really messed things up for me after the first major update. I do the same thing now, as soon as I know there's a new update, I isolate all my Community files before proceeding.

Chief, I hope you get this sorted and soon. I know all too well the headache of this type an error with this sim (I love the sim but not this aspect of it).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The update for me resulted in a horrendous increase of loading time. From clicking the programme icon to the main menu it took 15 min. Tracked it down to the addons in my community folder. I deleted the non-asobo links from my content.xml and let the sim rebuild the file. That improved a lot. Stil feels slower, but once Inside the menu and flying all seems o.k.

Hopefully they fix this sensitivity towards addon files in an upcomming update.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Suggestion: Rename your Community folder to community.bak. Then create a new empty one. Then add your add-ons back one at a time until you find the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Suggestion: Rename your Community folder to community.bak. Then create a new empty one. Then add your add-ons back one at a time until you find the culprit.
    Well, your suggestion worked, but I had to "modify it" a little. Although I was able to changed the name of the folder to Community.bak; doing so does not change the ability (or inability) to remove any files from that folder, unless you delete the file. So I did create a new Community folder, and successfully started the sim. Now I need to, as you suggested, begin adding files again.

A pain the watoosi, but a LOT easier than completely uninstalling/reinstalling the sim!!!

NC

Members who have read this thread: 0