Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available

Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available

You can purchase it at simMarket, other markets "will follow soon". Dino is still working with Asobo\MS to get it in the marketplace

https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafo...imulator.phtml

So glad to have this aircraft in my hangar! It is fantastic.

Just two things I'd like to see added/changed - a glass effect over the steam gauges, and a blurred/spinning-effect for the prop cutouts in the spinner.

Thx for info, I see the price is nice also .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It is a LOT of fun! Besides those items you mention, the proper stall behavior for canards isn't modeled just yet so at some point Dino will update that when Asobo implements it to the sim. Even now, it flies very nicely, very stable and fast!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    It is a LOT of fun! Besides those items you mention, the proper stall behavior for canards isn't modeled just yet so at some point Dino will update that when Asobo implements it to the sim. Even now, it flies very nicely, very stable and fast!
    Yep, from his FB:

It seems that the proper support for canard planes has not been included in the latest 1.9.5 update of Microsoft Flight Simulator
    as promised... therefore, since I have been waiting for almost one month now, I have decided to publish the Long-EZ as is and then update it whenever the canards are properly implemented by Microsoft.
    Note that the only appreciable difference is the stall behavior... while in most other flight conditions, the aircraft should behave in a realistic way.

The Long-EZ is available NOW at SimMarket - other distributors will follow soon.

I will continue working with Microsoft to make it available on the Marketplace as soon as possible

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As always, thanks for the appreciation and support!I hope you have fun with the Long-EZ... and this is only the beginning! :-)

I know now what I'll be flying this evening. Can't wait to get home and buy this beauty! I've always been a fan of Rutan and Dino's creations so this combination is ideal.

I can smell fresh in my hangar. The first flight. It needs a lot of trimming during flight. : )

Last edited by YoYo; October 15th, 2020 at 10:29.

Is it any key for speed brake in MSFS? Cant find it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Is it any key for speed brake in MSFS? Cant find it.
    They are labeled as "Spoilers" in the controls, if you search for that term you will find all of the air brake/speed brake controls

Ah, ok, so like it was in FSX, thx.

Found it - toggle spoilers - is not assigned by default.
    Last edited by YoYo; October 15th, 2020 at 10:25.

Ok, bought it, but it is unflyable. Rocks left and right violently and no throttle control. Guess I need to read the manual. Anything I need to know about the install?

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Ok, bought it, but it is unflyable. Rocks left and right violently and no throttle control. Guess I need to read the manual. Anything I need to know about the install?

- d
    I just extracted the folder from the .rar file from simMarket and placed it into my Community folder. I have not had the same experience you are having. Though, I did notice the throttle animation is a bit wonky once it gets close to full.

Ok, bought it, but it is unflyable. Rocks left and right violently and no throttle control. Guess I need to read the manual. Anything I need to know about the install? - d
    That should not be the case... the plane should be quite easy to fly. Should rock only in turbolence... Actually most customers say that is very easy to fly.As for the throttle it is just an animation glitch - will be fixed in 1.02 (out in a few hours).

Code:
    VERSION 1.02

- Fixed missing rain effects in the canopy
    - Fixed throttle lever animation
    - Fixed CoG limits in UI
    - Fixed wrong shadowing in Thunderbirds livery
    - Added "green checkers" livery
    - Added "military camo" livery
    - Added 8K paintkit to the download
    Thanks very much for the update, Dino

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    That should not be the case... the plane should be quite easy to fly. Should rock only in turbolence... Actually most customers say that is very easy to fly.As for the throttle it is just an animation glitch - will be fixed in 1.02 (out in a few hours).
    Thank you. I will see what happens with the update. So far, I have found it unflyable. I've made no controller changes. All of the native ASOBO aircraft fly just fine. This is like balancing on a pinhead in the wind.

- d

Thx for quick hot fix! Installed and will check.
    Last edited by YoYo; October 16th, 2020 at 01:11.

Thank you. I will see what happens with the update. So far, I have found it unflyable. I've made no controller changes. All of the native ASOBO aircraft fly just fine. This is like balancing on a pinhead in the wind. - d
    Very strange... by and large users seem very happy with it, and I had no complains about the flying qualities.The fm is coded in the same way Asobo aircrafts are made... I do not think things will change in the update as there is no change to the fm... anyway let me know you findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Very strange... by and large users seem very happy with it, and I had no complains about the flying qualities.The fm is coded in the same way Asobo aircrafts are made... I do not think things will change in the update as there is no change to the fm... anyway let me know you findings.

Problem solved! With the latest update, the flight model in the sim was switched from Modern to Legacy. Once I set back to Modern, all of the pitching and out of control behavior vanished. It appears that the ASOBO aircraft can fly in either mode without issue. Happy it's flying!

- d

Problem solved! With the latest update, the flight model in the sim was switched from Modern to Legacy. Once I set back to Modern, all of the pitching and out of control behavior vanished. It appears that the ASOBO aircraft can fly in either mode without issue. Happy it's flying! - d
    Good - thanks for letting me know.The Long-EZ is embraces the new flight model (and pretty much every practice in the SDK except sound)... will not work with legacy fm.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Screenie looks like a photo. Nice!

The EZ looks like fun. Will have to add it once I get going with FS2020 down the road.

Members who have read this thread: 1