Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available

I used a sound editor and reduced the level of all the engine related sounds by 9dB. Done!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    I used a sound editor and reduced the level of all the engine related sounds by 9dB. Done!
    Thx for the tip. Did you it for each sample, right?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Thx for the tip. Did you it for each sample, right?
    Yes... all interior and x_terior engine sounds. Maybe a dozen or so .wav files. I took advantage of the opportunity to level match the startup and shutdown sounds because they didnt match that well to the others.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Btw. new info about changes from Dino:

As per our usual procedure, we took note of your feeback on the Long-EZ and we are moving forward with a product upgrade which will be released in a week or so.It is still WIP, but so far we have implemented the following changes:

- Canopy glass material redone from scratch (unintentional pun) so that scratches are very light now. Fingerprints are now limited to very few areas (i.e. where they are likely to be in reality) and the overall look is way more clear.

- Front panel texture redone completely and is now at a much higher res (still WIP in the picture...it needs some ageing to match the rest of the aircraft)

- The polycount for some details (gauges bezels, air diffusers) has been increased so that they can hold better on 4K monitors.

- Several parts have been retextured with Substance Painter

- Added lubber line to the compass

- Added an KAP-140 autopilot (but will only have very basic functionality - we are struggling with alt hold btw)

As I said, that is not all we have in the to-do list... but we think it is a (small) step in the right direction.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Ok, I did the same, thx for idea again. I did -7dB. Now is perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw. new info about changes from Dino:
    - Added lubber line

It would be wonderful to finally know (atleast to me...) WHY it is called a lubber line. Been wondering about that ever since i learned how to use a compass. (and not only because one of our (dutch) prime ministers' surname was Lubbers ;-) Does it possibly have to do with what lubber actually stands for i.e. stupid, clumsy, unskilled ?...

Anybody can explain it to this landlubber ??....

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    - Added lubber line It would be wonderful to finally know (atleast to me...) WHY it is called a lubber line. Been wondering about that ever since i learned how to use a compass. (and not only because one of our (dutch) prime ministers' surname was Lubbers ;-) Does it possibly have to do with what lubber actually stands for i.e. stupid, clumsy, unskilled ?... Anybody can explain it to this landlubber ??.... Thanks!
    Based on this reference I'm going to guess it's called that to keep you from making stupid mistakes and/or so the inexperienced know which way to go. Since aviation took most of it's references from ships/sailing, I always look to the maritime for references. After all, that's why measure speed in knots and why aircraft designs are lofted.

Thanks, Sundog. The problem mainly stems from the fact that the dutch language also has a word 'lubber' which means something totally different than the English lubber. ( something to do with clothing wearing out, getting too spacious, untidy). In any case, all clear now, steady as she goes. Thanks again!

Good news from Dino:

The latest update(1.10.7. 0) of Microsoft Flight Simulator
    has finally introduced the possibility to place the horizontal stabilizer in front of the reference point, so that canard planes are now supported.We are working to implement this on the Long-EZ (which needs some time to rebalance the aircraft and tweak handling)... so far I am quite happy with it.
    We are also taking the chance to make it less nose-heavy and more responsive to roll commands.

In addition to that:
    - canopy glass effect has been improved
    - the cockpit has been completely retextured (at higher res), and the geometry detail has been significantly increased
    - a simple autopilot was added (although we are still having some problems with it)

We'd like to release the update during the weekend...but as usual, it will not be rushed - it is ready when it is ready.

Also, Store customers have not received the flight manual or the paintkit - we'll provide download links soon.

checklist

I made a single page checklist for this plane. Its probably not perfect, but should be a good foundation to expand on. I thought I would share.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

One last bump as I unstick this. New release stickies will be left for about a month until things get busier, then either two or three weeks, but that's way down the road still.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Long-Eze v1.10 is up at Sim Market. It will show up everywhere else eventually. Here's the list of updates;

Version 1.10
    November 20, 2020
    - Redone flight model to implement new canard settings
    - Minor tweaks to engine performance
    - Minor tweaks to aircraft maneouverability
    - Increased detail and polycount of several cockpit objects
    - Retextured cockpit with higher res textures
    - Fixed miscellaneous animations and mouse areas
    - Added missing lubber line to compass
    - Minor improvements to sound package
    - Miscellaneous fixes in configuration files
    - Cleaned canopy textures
    - Replaced library pilot figures with custom models including possibility to remove the pilot figures (beware not to tilt the aircraft!)
    - Sound package entirely redone in WWise

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Long-Eze v1.10 is up at Sim Market. It will show up everywhere else eventually. Here's the list of updates;Version 1.10November 20, 2020- Redone flight model to implement new canard settings- Minor tweaks to engine performance- Minor tweaks to aircraft maneouverability- Increased detail and polycount of several cockpit objects- Retextured cockpit with higher res textures- Fixed miscellaneous animations and mouse areas- Added missing lubber line to compass- Minor improvements to sound package- Miscellaneous fixes in configuration files- Cleaned canopy textures- Replaced library pilot figures with custom models including possibility to remove the pilot figures (beware not to tilt the aircraft!)- Sound package entirely redone in WWise
    Thank you! I never get an email upate from Simmarket. downloading now.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Thank you! I never get an email upate from Simmarket. downloading now.
    Me neither, I rely on Dino's IndiaFoxtEcho Facebook page to know when the updates are out.

The updated flight model flies like a dream! BTW, anyone who might find the trim to be overly sensitive, just go into the Community Folder and to the Long EZ folder and navigate to the Sim Objects folder until you see the flight model config, in that file just go down to the elevator_trim_effectiveness which I set mine to =0.2 (from =1. With different controllers & PC's there may be no need to do this mod but if you do need it, just set it to a lower number and test until you're satisfied with the results.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is interesting Storm. My trim is OK, but about a 1/4" movement in the stick fore and aft combined results in -1500fpm to +1500fpm descent and climb rates for me. So I'm going to have to dial way down the sensitivity of the elevator (Canard) in this model. Having said that, I'm really enjoying it. On a side note, not related to this model, when I pan in external view while on the ground and then stop panning, it feels like the earth is tilting slightly. It just started recently and it's making me nauseous. I did notice when I shut down tonight, some sort of "Gaming view mode" from my security software (ESET) turned off when I exited. I'll have to investigate further, but whatever it is makes me kind of seasick when I go to external static view on the ground and pan my view. Ken

A new update is out. Per Dino;

With apologies for the second update in just 5 days, I have just released a new version of the LONG-EZ. This is primarily intended to address the feedback from version 1.10 flight model, being difficult to trim (especially at high speeds) and too responsive on the pitch axis. The update will not solve the issue completely but *HOPEFULLY* will mitigate it for many users. But there is a drawback: the aircraft is now a little less tolerant to low-speed errors during take-off and land... and in particular, the canard loses effectiveness below 55 knots quite abruptly so you may want to add a few knots for safety during your first attempts.Also, the trim is WAY less effective now, to allow for a finer control. At around 140 knots, with 50% fuel, about 0.20 nose down trim *should* keep the plane level... but some stick work is still needed.

Version 1.11
    November 25th 2020
    - Added wing pods: to make them appear, add weight to the Wing Pods station in the fuel and weight settings
    - Vastly reduced elevator trim effectiveness following feedback from version 1.10
    - Several tweaks to improve the behavior at high speeds
    - Reduced rudder effectiveness, especially during takeoff run
    - Reduced canopy sound attenuation (considered excessive by some users)
    - Added traditional (non-canard) flight model files for users who may prefer those settings (files are in the “backup old flight model” folder)

As usual, the update has been sent to all vendors, including Microsoft.

Is there anything I need to do to update if I purchased from the marketplace or will it auto update at some point?

I think the notifications in the upper right will let you know when it is available. Then I think you go to the Marketplace and have to select it to update. Unless it's MSFS specific from Asobo, I buy everything else elsewhere. In fact, I wish the marketplace would mark items I have installed. I buy all of my Orbx scenery through their App, but the Marketplace doesn't show it as installed. It should be able to at least you have this, just not through the Market Place.

Yea... still shows that 1.02 is the latest version in the MSFS marketplace.

Members who have read this thread: 1