Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiafoxtecho/Dino Cattaneo Long-EZ now available

Really liking this scheme with the latest update.

After having done several flights with the aircraft, a pre-takeoff item I do now is set the elevator trim about halfway/50% between neutral and full aft (nose up), which allows the aircraft to fly off easier when takeoff airspeed is reached and is close to the trim setting required for cruise.

Yep, this "military" skin from 1.02 is really nice. Btw. here you can open canopy also .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That last shot looks like something out of an IPMS competition - nice!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Fun Flyer

Picked up my copy today after work, what a fun lil bird to fly. Thanks Dino!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    After having done several flights with the aircraft, a pre-takeoff item I do now is set the elevator trim about halfway/50% between neutral and full aft (nose up), which allows the aircraft to fly off easier when takeoff airspeed is reached and is close to the trim setting required for cruise.
    confirm on that. I've even had to go a little further aft in flight for level cruise.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I may get to this eventually, but I thought I might share a pretty cool real one that would be a nice one to paint up, N812SP. Pretty ones seem to be few and far between.

And another...

John Denver's was pretty, I don't know how people feel about doing that one, though...

This would be interesting, kind of an XP-55 Ascender throwback scheme.. http://aviadesign.online.fr/pages/scaled-ascender2.htm

One more... Oshkosh 2019 Plans Built Grand Champion (remember when...)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I may get to this eventually...
    Btw. here is nice video with the answer, why on parking Long-EZs are parked on his nose ;>:

This is interesting skin, you can notice also external tanks for Long-distance EZ (it could be nice feature in model too ; ), Id like to know also is it possible to add on external station someting in MSFS?):

And this time its not Chinese fake, its Pakistan's drone: https://www.flyingmag.com/news/new-p...rutan-long-ez/ .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've never understood why a highly skilled inventive air- and space engineer like Burt Rutan went with the awkward landing gear configuration for his otherwise graceful Long-EZ. In flight it looks like it has lost its nose gear along the way, parked it looks like it collapsed during landing... Imagine how to get a potential buyer interested in your design when walking up to it looking like that, with its nose buried in the grass...

(how would the nose gear be extendend before taxi ? By hand, lifting the nose up and the gear would simply fall out ?)

( Edit: wrote this before Yoyo posted his comment, thanks for the video link. ;-) (still looking awkward but nontheless very inventive and elegant nose-gear design)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    That last shot looks like something out of an IPMS competition
    I was thinking the same thing !

Obviously it's the blurried background that does that. RW parked aircraft photo's never look like that, because the're so small RW plastic model aircraft photo's usually always look like that.

Not tried it myself yet (i'd always use PSP build in motion blurr to achieve speed of a passing by aircraft) but ever since that first photo of the MSFS screenshot blurr effect with the Caravan flying over sea it has not been MY cup of tea. We want our aircraft to look like real ones, not like plastic models..

(and with MSFS they do look like real ones like never before, don't they ! )

Reminds me more of the Miles M.39B Libellula

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_M.39B_Libellula
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miles_M.39b.jpg  

Dino,
    ideas for the next patch:

1/ can you add this arrows for rotating switches/knobs and fuel selector like in default planes (left and right position of arrow) when mouse cursor will be over rotating point?

2/ more and louder clickspot (sound of switches), sound for working fuel pump

3/ vertical line on whiskey compass.

4/ fuel selector - here it looks like by mouse you can use it only in one way (mouse wheel)

(btw. I know also that MSFS SDK isnt completed yet)

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Dino,
    ideas for the next patch:

1/ can you add this arrows for rotating switches/knobs and fuel selector like in default planes (left and right position of arrow) when mouse cursor will be over rotating point?

2/ more and louder clickspot (sound of switches), sound for working fuel pump

3/ vertical line on whiskey compass.

4/ fuel selector - here it looks like by mouse you can use it only in one way (mouse wheel)

(btw. I know also that MSFS SDK isnt completed yet)

Thank You!
    Also, the mouse wheel rotation action is backwards from the default. Up in value should be forward rotation, and down in value is rotating backward. Granted, the direction you have it is more natural, but the default is what it is.

It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd just point it out.

I'm also hoping for the addition of an Autopilot for the long VFR cruise/sight seeing flights. A good number of actual Long-EZ's are A/P equipped.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I want a WW2 canard bomber, I want an actual design like the Martin Model 189.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I like the way the striations in the landscape almost act as a natural motion blur giving that image a sense of speed. Nice shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    If I want a WW2 canard bomber, I want an actual design like the Martin Model 189.
    A "what-if" Kyushu Shinden done with modern avionics (or at least steam gauges with a GNS530) would get me to open my wallet!

I'm still considering this one too after I get paid again.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    A "what-if" Kyushu Shinden done with modern avionics (or at least steam gauges with a GNS530) would get me to open my wallet!
    Dont forget about Long EZ with jet engine, just no Sidewinders (Jet EZ):

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Dont forget about Long EZ with jet engine, just no Sidewinders (Jet EZ):

Gear up! Please! sjheeezzz..

Now that looks like fun with a jet modification.

That Jet EZ mod broke up in mid air due to a wing failure on Sept 1st 2018, killing pilot/builder Lance Hooley.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Next update (or updates) incoming:

First, I'd like to thank you once again for the warm welcome to both the MB-339 and the Long-EZ. Speaking of the Long-EZ, here are the top 5 issues/feedback received so far:

1) Lack of an autopilot -> this was done on purpose as many Long-EZs did not have an autopilot... we are evaluating to add one.

2) Sound -> as many of you have noticed, this is still using the old FSX sound system. Our intent was to use the WWise .wav pipeline (as opposed to the WWise soundbank), but we could not make it work... we are working on that.

3) Canopy scratches -> Probably overdone. In our defense, a clearer canopy was not appreciated by the testers...

4) Polycount/cockpit texture resolution for 4K users -> some 4K-display users want more polys and better texture resolution in the cockpit. We are evaluating that...although the Long-EZ is already way beyond the suggested resource limits of the MSFS SDK.

5) Glass cockpit -> some users would have preferred a glass cockpit instead...

So... what are your impressions and suggestions? What would you like to see changed/improved?

P.S. Please keep comments on topic on the Long-EZ...we'll make a similar post on the 339 in the next few days

+ 1 for fix the sound also (volume). For me inside and outside samples are too loud campared default sounds of engine. So for Long EZ I must turn down the volume to 40% from 100% for the rest .... its annoing a little.
    Here iscomparison. It may not be heard that well here, but the difference in the volume of the sound is really big, especially inside of cockpit.

https://youtu.be/yIjNNhOygng
    https://youtu.be/fdHnVsnZL4c

Members who have read this thread: 1