JK repaints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JK repaints

JK repaints

All I wanted to do was take a flight to check out my latest paint, but no, MSFS needed another 2 GB update...

OK, while we wait I might as well start a thread showing my paintwork so far..

I started with a few simple paints for the Savage Cub:
    jk6767
    in reality an ex-Swedish Air Force Piper Cub based in Sweden

A New Zealand based Savage Cub:
    jk6890

an Australian Savage Cub:
    jk6927

and finally another impersonation of a real world Piper Cub:
    jk7027
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

next, I tried the Grand Caravan:
    a kiwi:
    jk7008

and an Australian:
    jk7248

and the next one will be an Australian too..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

and then a few TBM's (and no, not Grummans version, unfortunately)

two French military versions
    jk7090

jk7152

and a Belgian
    jk7222

and the last one for now is this Citation:
    jk7287

they're not all upload yet, but they will be soon(ish)

I promised another Caravan, well, here it is:
    jk7659

I do have the feeling the update made my trees grow again, I can't remember the trees along the Esplanade being this tall in real life..
    jk7668

jk7672

Excellent work on the skins and screenies!

Nice paints JK!
    Greenhouse357

I love the repaints.

I made my own personal repaint for a plane in XPlane 11 using Photoshop. Would I be able to do the same for FS2020, or is there software required? I am by no means a repainter. Would just like to see my own livery in FS2020.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I love the repaints.

I made my own personal repaint for a plane in XPlane 11 using Photoshop. Would I be able to do the same for FS2020, or is there software required? I am by no means a repainter. Would just like to see my own livery in FS2020.
    all I use is photoshop and dxtbmp, so you should be right

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I promised another Caravan, well, here it is:
    jk7659

I do have the feeling the update made my trees grow again, I can't remember the trees along the Esplanade being this tall in real life..
    jk7668

jk7672

nice work, the images of Darwin are nearly 10yrs old, there are so many out of date or incorrect features of the whole region, the depicted Darwin is nothing near the Darwin you last saw when you where down here, Even Fanny Bay and the Navy base in the image are extremely dated.

Yes the esplanade is heavily over done, even with the pre Cyclone Marcus imagery there are way too many trees, these days there are only a fraction of them remain

all I use is photoshop and dxtbmp, so you should be right
    Thank you.

I have a 10 day vacation coming up in a week, so guess what I'll be doing
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    nice work, the images of Darwin are nearly 10yrs old, there are so many out of date or incorrect features of the whole region, the depicted Darwin is nothing near the Darwin you last saw when you where down here, Even Fanny Bay and the Navy base in the image are extremely dated. Yes the esplanade is heavily over done, even with the pre Cyclone Marcus imagery there are way too many trees, these days there are only a fraction of them remain
    Isn't one of the Asobo teams items on their "to do" list an update of MSFS to a more recent version of Bing maps? I seem to recall it was, anyway. Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Isn't one of the Asobo teams items on their "to do" list an update of MSFS to a more recent version of Bing maps? I seem to recall it was, anyway. Regards, Ken
    I think that with the streaming model, we're getting what Bing has. I know that the short stretch of I-840 that just opened a few months ago near me is still dirt roadbed both in Bing and the sim.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

work in progress
    jk0008

jk0015

more work in progress
    jk7725

jk7734

jk7740

Good to see you are over to MSFS now , i like you Swedish paint / livery ...... nice

Hi JanKees, would you do requests as well?
    I'd love this one for the steamgauge C172.
    https://www.aironline.nl/weblog/2019...jarige-moeder/
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

just uploaded these paints, with the BS Bomber and the Zebra:
    jk8161

jk8074

jk8045

jk7999

jk8140

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Solved my problem
    not sure what the problem was, but always good to hear it was solved...

Jan,

I had to shorten a couple of texture names as my system said they were to long??

I also had an issue when I put the model in the community folder, as the pilot texture path was to long for the drive. Not sure how i get round this issue.

I've uploaded a new version of the kiwi MB339, with some update on the camouflage, more markings, a new font and NZ patches on the pilots' sleeves, for those that are interested.
    jk8255

jk8263

jk8253

jk8254

I've uploaded a new version of the kiwi MB339, with some update on the camouflage, more markings, a new font and NZ patches on the pilots' sleeves, for those that are interested.
    jk8255

jk8263

jk8253

jk8254
    Thanks JK, it's those kind of little details that make the difference.
    Richard, a happy "customer".

Hi , I love your liveries , but I can't get your RNAF and Draken 339 liveries to show up . I've do the usual cut and paste etc , but the auto json programme is new to me . could you provide my with some advice has to how to get these stunning liveries to show.
    Thank you . Taff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff Staples53 View Post
    Hi , I love your liveries , but I can't get your RNAF and Draken 339 liveries to show up . I've do the usual cut and paste etc , but the auto json programme is new to me . could you provide my with some advice has to how to get these stunning liveries to show.
    Thank you . Taff.
    double click the auto_json.exe file to open the program, click 'directory' and select the MB339 directory in your community folder (mine is called 'indiafoxtecho-indiafoxtecho_mb339pan'), click 'OK', and click 'save as' and save as layout.json. That's it, they should show up after you restart the sim.

Thanks for that JK, I'll get cracking with that now .

Members who have read this thread: 0