May be beating a dead horse but...

Thread: May be beating a dead horse but...

May be beating a dead horse but...

I vaguely remember installing a CFS 1 P-51 into CFS 2 years ago and the K-14 Gyro gunsite worked. Out of curiosity I just installed the P-51 Ridgerunner 3 into my CFS2 install from the FreeFlightSite http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Zrunner.zip and lo and behold the Gyro gunsite works! Some have speculated that the gyro site only worked in CFS 1 because of an obscure DLL file but this does not seem to be the case. There is nothing in the Panel file that has anything to do with it either. The only option left is something in the MDL file. If someone has a program that can read the MDL file we might be able to unlock the secret of the K-14 gunsite.

Yes -- and you are correct , Cfs-1 did use it , and it still works in Cfs2 , and I know its , the model source code ,
    I tried several times , to integrate it to other mustangs , and failed miserably I mignt add , Some where in the model in the coding ,
    has to be a command switch --- either a 1 / or 2 as an example , that locks it on switch mode ,
    If you fly the Cfs-1 mustang , then switch air craft , A spitfire -- really any aircraft -- The Aw-mustang or FDG ones,
    It will display the Gyro site - until you switch views -- there you lose it , and cannot retrieve it ,,
    So I think it must refferance the previoue Flt.file ,, Started as Cfs-1 mustang , The changed view causes a reread of current flt.file -- the one you switched to , uses a different model source , say a 1 , and it locks you out , had it found the code 2 ,
    it probably would stay locked on the Gyro site --- Of course I don,t know what the switch coding was , and where they used it in the model file ,, Some one had to figure it out , unless your dealing with a Cfs-1 -- repaint -- check the mdl size ---

Just looked at Cfs-1 mdl it is 136-kb --- Ridge Runner looks like its using AF texture call, set , moded from the Cfs-1
    model would be my guess --

Yeah it all goes back to the source code dilemma. It's frustrating, you can D/L the plans to make an atomic bomb but you can't get the source code for a 22 year old flight sim!

Members who have read this thread: 0