FSX Acceleration repair question

Thread: FSX Acceleration repair question

FSX Acceleration repair question

Hey all,

I finally heard back from A2A about my Accufeel issue, and they are suggesting to do a full repair of FSX Acceleration. If I do this, will it cause all my addon aircraft (payware or freeware), ai traffic, Sceneries (payware or freeware) to stop working properly and require a full reinstall of all my addons? I am just very hesitant to do this because I have a large amount (probably excessive, but hey its my hobby) of addons/mods on board the sim at the moment and do not want to deal with the hassle of a reinstall of everything again (been there before, took about a year). Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Goshawk45

Goshawk - I had the same issue with AcuFeel V2which appears to be related their most recent update. The program kept crashing FSX. I just uninstalled the program usomg the general MS Control Panel install and uninstall programs which had no affect on FSX or my library of addons. I will not bother to reinstall it.

Come to think of it I am not sure it really enhanced the sim experience at all it mostly changes sound dynamics by altering wav files and changing some inputs of the model via the dynamic aircraft config file but the general flight characteristics you can modify yourself by clever use of the control menu in FSX - Options - Controls which actually allows you to fine tune sensitivity and function quite precisely - something I only discovered last week after using FSX for years. If you click on the control you will see the menu above changes to groups; flight controls etc, then adjust the action using the slider left for fast and once and full right for continuous. Fixed a whole bunch of rudder sensitivity issues I had. Other than that the program cannot really alter the flight dynamics because they are built into the air file.

Thanks, I am slowly coming to the same conclusion myself. The shakes, bumps, and rattles are a nice touch, but it just seems to be too much of a hassle now that this issue has started.

Regards,

Goshawk45

Chase Plane, now owned by Orbx, does a really amazing job of providing shakes, oscillations, and head latency tailored for each plane in your hanger. It also provides both zooming and panning in the cockpit using the the mouse wheel. It is literally new dimensions for FSX.

Thanks, I will have to give that one a look!

Regards,

Goshawk45

Members who have read this thread: 0