Help with removing stock noseart, colour stripes and letters

Thread: Help with removing stock noseart, colour stripes and letters

Help with removing stock noseart, colour stripes and letters

Hello all, As you can see in the image below the AvHistory fw190 A8 paint is being ruined by the cfs3 stock colour stripes and panels as well as the stock cfs3 letters, what is the best way to prevent these and the nosearts appearing on the aircraft?

Thank You

Mick

You can select none in the paint selector dialog.

Also, it's part of the mos file. You can remake the mos file without them, or you can disable it by adding an x at the beginning of the filename.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

It is also possible to replace orignial files by 'blank' ones but this will prevent those colours or codes from all stock aircrafts and not only one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

MajorMagee,
    You can select none in the paint selector dialog.
    Even if I select none in the paint selection, the AI aircraft when spawning in still have the markings it seems.

Also, it's part of the mos file. You can remake the mos file without them, or you can disable it by adding an x at the beginning of the filename.
    Am I correct in thinking that if I rename the actual mos file then no damage will show on the aircraft as I know the bullethole dds files are referenced inside?
    I can hex edit the mos file but can you confirm its just a case of changing the name for the noseart dds file etc inside the mos file and would i just misspell the filename so it cant find the original file?

Led Zeppelin, I like the idea of blank files, how would i create them or where could I get a set of them from?

Thanks to both of you

Mick

Yes, if there is no mos file with a matching name then you lose the cannon/bullet holes.

Hex editing the decal names for just the paint stripes would work as well.

Unfortunately, there is no hex edit that would allow for higher resolution skin textures to be used with a mos file...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Cheers MajorMagee

I'm slowly remembering all of these things, just need somebody to jog my memory at times

Many Thanks

Mick

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi 65olschool,

I must admit to valuing the mos file system. I find that with Ankor's shaders, I get tons of definition in the skins, the markings can be crisp, and it is a combat sim after all, so I like bullet holes!

The mos file system has been adapted cleverly by the OFF team, to exploit multiple skins for the aircraft within a flight. To me the weakness of having seven or eight identically-skinned aircraft in a flight is one of the big drawbacks of the sim - and using the mos file offers a basic albeit clunky way around that issue.

My wish would be for some of our skinning wizards to make mos file enabled skins so we can get a whole flight with unique markings.

Hello All, an update on this, I've tried hex editing the colour tag .dds files out of the MOS file by changing one letter (eg p_47d_25_ct_bw_nose changed to z_47d_25_ct_bw_nose) and it seems to break the MOS file system.
    Despite only changing that one entry in the MOS file you lose the noseart as well as the codes plus you lose the bullet and cannon holes when the aircraft takes damage.

I also tried leaving the MOS file stock and actually removing the required colour tag .dds file from the game folder as well as trying to just rename the required colour tag, both with the same result, it seems to break the MOS file.

I would like the bullet damage to show up so I guess I need to make "blank" files as Led Zeppelin advised but I don't know how to do it, Can anybody advise how its done?

I have Martin Wrights DXTBmp program so a little instruction is all I need......I hope.

Thanks

Mick

Further to the last post, I've found an old post mentioning that if you paint the alpha layer black then the dds file will be transparent, I'm thinking this is what i need to do, can anybody confirm if this is correct?

Thanks

Mick

Yea that would do it, or if you're confident enough, remove the relevant .dds completely! Always back up first!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi 65olschool,

please find attached the files required to remove the codes & noseart. these are the files I did for the ETO expansion. they have full alpha channels applied.

they go into the aircraft shared folder.

regards Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Thank You Capt Winters, unfortunately for me I have already done it to my files, but for anybody else they will remain here.

Thanks

Mick

Members who have read this thread: 0