Reworked KingAir prop textures - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reworked KingAir prop textures

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Baron, Bonanza, Super Cub and TBM prop textures basically done. Need to test a little more.
    Hopefully will upload within the next two days.

Best

Jim
    Fantastic work Jim.
    The King Air prop textures were truly bad, spoiling an otherwise very nicely done aircraft.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Great news, really looking forward to these. My vote is also for the drag & drop method if at all possible. Thanks for your continued efforts
    on this important feature.

Just upload an updated KingAir prop texture file that contains the relevant information to copy and move to your FS2020 Community folder.
    I also uploaded a new File with reworked TBM930 prop textures.
    If I can I will upload the reworked prop textures for the Bonanza, Baron and Super Cub by the end of the weekend.

Best

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TBM930 Prop fix.jpg   KingAir props.jpg  
    Last edited by Jim Goldman; October 16th, 2020 at 14:14.

Thanks for the additional prop effects Jim, they're excellent. No more headaches or hypnotic trances from the default ones.

I note you had mentioned the Baron as well...is this still on the table?

I already have the prop texture, but unfortunately the Baron will not be on the plate for installation as the other prop files.

The Baron as well as other aircraft in the higher priced MSFS 2020 are protected (key) discovered by AK416 and will not allow for easy installation.

The only way it can be done without stepping and making the package to cumbersome is to just provide the texture and allow the user to overwrite the default texture, backing up the original one incase the replacement texture is not liked.

If there is consensus on this I will proceed and have it available later today.

Best

Jim

Understood, I'd personally suggest you upload the baron files with the usual disclaimers.
    Perhaps one day someone will figure out a way around this.

Great job on these, Jim!

Baron G58 prop texture uploaded, please read TXT for information on how to install.

Jim

Hey Jim, if you have some spare time, I don't suppose you'd be willing to do a rework on the VL3 prop? I just tried it out again with a new G3X mod, and I'd forgotten how horrible the prop blur looks on that plane.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Hey Jim, if you have some spare time, I don't suppose you'd be willing to do a rework on the VL3 prop? I just tried it out again with a new G3X mod, and I'd forgotten how horrible the prop blur looks on that plane.
    Will look into it this week.
    I have a few more prop redos and will try to upload this weekend.

Best

Jim

Does anyone still have these files? I can't find the original - I'm sure I downloaded it though.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

They're all in the library here under "FS 2020 - Other".

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    They're all in the library here under "FS 2020 - Other".
    You made the king air mod! Nice thanks.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    You made the king air mod! Nice thanks.
    Thank you again Ryan, for the 5 star rating and for reminding me about Jim's Propfix textures - I've added them to the list of Recommended additional mods in the info section.

Members who have read this thread: 1