Inbound: yet another hurricane. Grrrrrrrr...

Thread: Inbound: yet another hurricane. Grrrrrrrr...

Inbound: yet another hurricane. Grrrrrrrr...

2020 has not been a fun year down here. I am working on setting Condition "Zebra", in preparation for Hurricane "Delta". NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201006_141857.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	79394

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201006_141839.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	79393
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201006_141857.jpg  

Batten the hatches, again, Pete! It was strengthening to a CAT4 on the last news report!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Batten the hatches, again, Pete! It was strengthening to a CAT4 on the last news report!

The latest National Hurricane Center tracking predicton has the storm tracking further west of Florida. Maybe just my installing the hurricane panels "scared" Delta away..

Another concern for our county, are the piles of debris, i.e. tree, brush, broken fencing with nails, etc... that is still on the roadsides. If the storm hits here, the high winds will turn so much of that into flying missiles.

Latest Hurricane Center update indicates the storm's track moving further westward. I am cautiously relieved. Hurricane Laura did the same thing, but then just hours before landfall, it took a 90 turn and hit Pensacola dead on. Praying for the safety of anyone, located in its path. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0