Please all read - Server update coming

Thread: Please all read - Server update coming

Icon4 Please all read - Server update coming

In the next few weeks the SOH server will be upgraded and all login cookies will be lost. Please make sure right now that your login and email address are correct on your profile. If your email address is out of date, you won’t be able to reset password on the new server. As the hosting company will execute this upgrade we are not in control, so please check your details now.

Thanks,
    Huub

I already replied in another thread for a sim I don't even have, but I'll repeat my question here since I actually own this one: Are we being forced to change our passwords? If so, is this one of those changes that require so many "unique" things that you basically feel like you're working for the Pentagon? Or is it going to be fairly transparent on our ends and we can keep our passwords and all we need to verify is that our info is correct?

Just wondering since I'm out of ideas for meaningful passwords using keys I never even knew I had on my keyboard!

Thanks!

Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I already replied in another thread for a sim I don't even have, but I'll repeat my question here since I actually own this one: Are we being forced to change our passwords? If so, is this one of those changes that require so many "unique" things that you basically feel like you're working for the Pentagon? Or is it going to be fairly transparent on our ends and we can keep our passwords and all we need to verify is that our info is correct?

Just wondering since I'm out of ideas for meaningful passwords using keys I never even knew I had on my keyboard!

Thanks!

Jorge

As far I have understood nothing will change, so you will be able to sign in with your existing password.

Lazy people like me just checked the option "remember me" which saves your access at the server. When we arrive at the new server it will not remember those who have chosen this option. When this happens, people can of course choose the reset option, which will send an e-mail with reset link to the address under which the person has registered. In some cases this will be an e-mail from a provider which was used the last time at least a decade ago (like in my case).

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for the heads up, Huub! I have my password written on the bottom of my foot for easy access!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks Huub!

I've never used that option on any account I have, so i wasn't aware that's what it was for. I don't have any social media either, but I do have too many accounts for work, etc. I was starting to worry I'd have to add yet another password to my list!

Jorge

Well, I followed the instruction and went to My Profile to make sure my correct e-mail was on file. I searched and searched until my eyes were exhausted, and I couldn't find any way to check my e-mail of record, much less to update it if necessary.

Finally I thought to check Settings, then on that page My Account, and sure enough, that's where the e-mail is listed, not in My Profile.

So if you can't find your e-mail listed in My Profile, go to Settings, then My Account.

Hi, thanks for HU! Just updated my e-mail address info... (and changed password) Rather outdatet

Cheers
    daypharris

Due to all sort of real life and real world issues this took much longer than expected. Dave has moved all files to the new server and now the forum should be moved. I expect a final announcement from Dave any time now, but be aware that the SOH will move to its new home this weekend and that the availability of the site will be interrupted.

I admire Dave's courage and wish him the best of luck.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for the update Huub! Here's to wishing and hoping for a swift and eventless migration!

Good luck to all involved!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Well here we are again...thankfully it seems to have gone well...so thank you to all involved...and

it seems to be much quicker, displaying pages etc much faster...so far so good!!

Cheers

Shessi

Hi all,

Welcome at the other side!

Cheers,
    Huub

Smooth server move as far as I can tell. Nicely done and congrats SOH team!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

My concerns were unjustified. My log on with remember me set still remembered me after the move. I was glad to see that. I just envisioned moving and a ton of members unable to log in because they did not know their password and their email was outdated.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    My concerns were unjustified. My log on with remember me set still remembered me after the move...
    Same, here; I wasn't even aware that the move had been done yet until I read about it.

Hi Huub, and thank you for the information ... My former e-mail address, I believe, is no longer relevant, it no longer exists and I could not do anything ...

How to keep the profile after that? ...
    Last edited by SOLOBO; February 17th, 2021 at 18:01.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOBO View Post
    Hi Huub, and thank you for the information ... My former e-mail address, I believe, is no longer relevant, it no longer exists and I could not do anything ...

How to keep the profile after that? ...
    I'm reformulating my text because I'm not sure I understood the announcement , sorry ...

It is possible that updating the Simouthouse server erase my history, as well as all my private messages
    Is it Correct ?...

Because when I created my Solobo nickname I had indicated an e-mail address that no longer exists ...

If this it is the case, it seems, only because of an e-mail address whose deletion was imposed on me by voila.fr, frencjh site ... It's strange ... And it does not seems possible to change my original email address before the upgrade.

Is it correct ?

The upgrade happened last weekend so you should be fine but you should change the email address associated with your account as soon as you can. If for some reason you cant access teh site and need the password reset we will only send the reset password to the registered email address.

You can find the old email in your settings . Look at the top right hand side of the page. Right by the words log out.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    The upgrade happened last weekend so you should be fine but you should change the email address associated with your account as soon as you can. If for some reason you cant access teh site and need the password reset we will only send the reset password to the registered email address.

You can find the old email in your settings . Look at the top right hand side of the page. Right by the words log out.
    Thank you Dave, I sent a message to the administrator.

Sorry SOLOBO,

But I completely missed your question. As Dave already explained we already moved to the new server and obviously this didn't have any effect on your account or your history. Therefore there isn't an immediate need to change your e-mail address. However as it is the only way outside the forum we can reach you outside the forums and the only way we can verify whether it is really you who contacts us when you, for instance have lost access to your account.
    I advise you to change your e-mail address in your profile.

This is quite simple and will not even take 5 minutes.

Click on "settings" at the right top of your screen (In the dark blue top bar when you use default settings)
    On the page which open you will find a block at the right side which is named "My settings"
    Select the option "Edit profile" in the block and on the page which open you can edit your password and e-mail account.

Any changes you make here will not affect you account or history, other than the new password of course.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Sorry SOLOBO,

But I completely missed your question. As Dave already explained we already moved to the new server and obviously this didn't have any effect on your account or your history. Therefore there isn't an immediate need to change your e-mail address. However as it is the only way outside the forum we can reach you outside the forums and the only way we can verify whether it is really you who contacts us when you, for instance have lost access to your account.
    I advise you to change your e-mail address in your profile.

This is quite simple and will not even take 5 minutes.

Click on "settings" at the right top of your screen (In the dark blue top bar when you use default settings)
    On the page which open you will find a block at the right side which is named "My settings"
    Select the option "Edit profile" in the block and on the page which open you can edit your password and e-mail account.

Any changes you make here will not affect you account or history, other than the new password of course.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub, no problem, and thank you...

So I guess I need to change my new email address on the new server.

Cheers,

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOBO View Post
    Hi Huub, no problem, and thank you...

So I guess I need to change my new email address on the new server.

Cheers,

Frederic
    You are already at the new server Frederic, the move went much smoother than we all had expected.

So when you want to update your e-mail address you can do it now.

Cheers,
    Huub

e-mail address successfully changed

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    You are already at the new server Frederic, the move went much smoother than we all had expected.

So when you want to update your e-mail address you can do it now.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thank you very much Huub, email address changed successfully.

In addition I had forgotten a parameter, retype my password a second time ... After that, SOH administration sent me a message to which I just had to reply, and I was able to verify that everything seems correct...

Cheers,

Frederic

I just updated my email address, just in case....

Members who have read this thread: 0