Accufeel v2 crashing fsx on start up

Thread: Accufeel v2 crashing fsx on start up

Accufeel v2 crashing fsx on start up

Hey everyone,

I know, I'm back with yet another problem....but that's just the way my luck works with this sim I guess. Anyway, I purchased Accufeel a few months ago, been loving it, but all of a sudden today it just started crashing fsx on startup. It is giving me this message (see screenshot below). I have not changed anything in the sim and I have tried reinstalling Accufeel with the steps off of the support forum and no luck. I did ask the question on the actual A2A forum, and it does not actually appear for people to view, and I have no clue if it actually posted or not. Can anyone help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx issue.jpg  

Quite many more addons conflict with this Accu-thing. I gave up using it years ago.

Welcome back!

Boy, this is outside my area of expertise (not that I really have one, honestly), but I can try. I also have AccuFeel installed, but I've never seen this warning.

1) Does FSX crash if you say "Yes" to the question? What happens if you say "no?"

2) What version of FSX are you using: FSX, FSX+Accel, or FSX:SE?

3) What's the date of your a2a_feel.dll? Mine is 12/27/2012. (The file is located in your FSX/Modules directory)

4) Is AccuFeelMenu.dll also in your FSX/Modules directory?

5) Do you know how to find the FSX.cfg? If so, carefully check and see if a2a_feel.dll is listed in the [Trusted] section.

I just looked on the A2A forum, and your post is visible. Hopefully they, or me, or someone can help fix the problem! If you get it fixed outside of this forum, please come back and tell us so that the knowledge is available for others later
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Welcome back!

Boy, this is outside my area of expertise (not that I really have one, honestly), but I can try. I also have AccuFeel installed, but I've never seen this warning.

1) Does FSX crash if you say "Yes" to the question? What happens if you say "no?"

2) What version of FSX are you using: FSX, FSX+Accel, or FSX:SE?

3) What's the date of your a2a_feel.dll? Mine is 12/27/2012. (The file is located in your FSX/Modules directory)

4) Is AccuFeelMenu.dll also in your FSX/Modules directory?

5) Do you know how to find the FSX.cfg? If so, carefully check and see if a2a_feel.dll is listed in the [Trusted] section.

I just looked on the A2A forum, and your post is visible. Hopefully they, or me, or someone can help fix the problem! If you get it fixed outside of this forum, please come back and tell us so that the knowledge is available for others later
    1. If I answer yes, it crashes, if I answer no, it does not crash but turns Accufeel off.
    2. I am running FSX+Accel dvd edition with both service packs
    3. Yes
    4. I do, and I will check that out later today.

And I did see that my post was visible this morning, I will most certainly bring any fixes from the a2a forum over hear for folks to use if this happens to them. Thanks for the reply.

Goshawk 45

Glad to try and help! Unfortunately, I think we've reached the limits of my knowledge on the matter. I'll keep putting some thought to it, though, and I certainly hope you can get it resolved! I love the little nuances AccuFeel adds to most of my fleet and don't enjoy flying without it. Yes, there's a few airplanes that don't behave well with AccuFeel, but they're few and far between in my experience.
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Glad to try and help! Unfortunately, I think we've reached the limits of my knowledge on the matter. I'll keep putting some thought to it, though, and I certainly hope you can get it resolved! I love the little nuances AccuFeel adds to most of my fleet and don't enjoy flying without it. Yes, there's a few airplanes that don't behave well with AccuFeel, but they're few and far between in my experience.
    Thanks, I will keep this thread posted, I already got some replies on A2A's forum to start trying to fix this glitch.

Still nothing

Update on my issue. I contacted customer support, they replied, gave the same vague responses they give to anyone with this issue on their forum(which none of the other posts about this topic say that any of these fixed their issue), and I have gotten nowhere. Now they haven't replied in 2 days, and I am loosing hope that this will get fixed. Looks like (as of now) I wasted $20, it was fun while it lasted. Sorry for little rant, this is getting frustrating because it worked fine for months and then a few days ago stopped working all together.

You could try to reinstall all the simconnects, no harm no foul.
    Wish I could help on where to find the .msi's, age & lack of coffee
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    You could try to reinstall all the simconnects, no harm no foul.
    Wish I could help on where to find the .msi's, age & lack of coffee
    How many am I suppose to have, I see 3 in my programs. Should I only have one?

Thanks,

Goshawk45

I have 4, this is only because I also installed the ESPv1.0 SDK ( not needed & do not recommend )
    In my boxed FSX Acceleration setup -
    RTM - v10.0.60905
    SP1(a) - v10.0.61355
    SP2/Accel - v10.0.61637

ESPv1.0 - v1.0.195.0

OFC, steam versions may vary.

Don't uninstall, just reinstall..
    Simconnect gets installed into a deep Windows folder & acts like a system file.
    It is my thought that something may have got corrupted in the registry or has even fooled with the .dlls themselves.
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    I have 4, this is only because I also installed the ESPv1.0 SDK ( not needed & do not recommend )
    In my boxed FSX Acceleration setup -
    RTM - v10.0.60905
    SP1(a) - v10.0.61355
    SP2/Accel - v10.0.61637

ESPv1.0 - v1.0.195.0

OFC, steam versions may vary.

Don't uninstall, just reinstall..
    Simconnect gets installed into a deep Windows folder & acts like a system file.
    It is my thought that something may have got corrupted in the registry or has even fooled with the .dlls themselves.
    Thanks for the clarification, I'll start hunting them down to reinstall.

Members who have read this thread: 0