Immersion Killer - autogen flaw after update

Thread: Immersion Killer - autogen flaw after update

Immersion Killer - autogen flaw after update

Hello,

all was nearly perfect when MS released the sim, but I noticed a significant change in autogen placement after the update. And this change pretty much spoils some of the immersion.

The sim now places an exceedingly large amount of big high rise (block) buildings in the centre of Europe - especially annoying in small rural villages.

For ecxample part of my hometown:

The same view with Google Earth:

Is there any chance on how to tweak the autogen inside MSFS 2020 ??? Could not find any scenery.cfg yet. As it seems the sim turns any company or industrial building into a midsize highrise office-Building.

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Yep, I noticed the same problem in small towns in Minnesota.

Here is a temporary fix, until Asobo releases their own fix. All you have to do is unzip this file into your Community folder. This was made/released by "CptLucky8" on the MSFS forum.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a lot for the quick HU!!! Looked for a solution online, but did not come across this one.

Will try this out and hopefully they get this sorted out with an upcomming update.

Alex

Works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Works like a charm
    Alex,

Can i bother you with asking to take the same screenshot of your home town as in your OP but now with the 'buildings fix' installed ?..

Thanks a lot on forehand !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Alex,

Can i bother you with asking to take the same screenshot of your home town as in your OP but now with the 'buildings fix' installed ?..

Thanks a lot on forehand !
    Me too!
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I realize that a simulation of this magnitude has only been out for a short time, yet it is quite unacceptable that every update enhancement kills prevoiusly working features and textures. Anyone notice street lights very high above the ground now? Everyone has become a beta tester.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Here´s an impression with the fix installed:

Those oversized "blocks" really messed up the scenery, cause they were completely out of proportion.

The good thing about the fix is, it leaves the actually higher buildings in place and does not erase them all. Note our tallest building in the city center is stil there in the sim (front left), even though not photoreal.

And the real one:

Off course with this level of detailed scenery it might sound like rivet counting. But this sim really raises the benchmark and I think that´s just the reason why those little "wrong" details become even more awkward to the eye.

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg  

MMM...yeah , still not quite it. I was hoping for those two buildings next to that short airstrip to be gone.

This is still a work in progress and, as such, should get better over time (knock on wood).

CFS1 was a one time affair and, God knows that 3th party improvements were welcomed.

That"s not an airstrip, but a piece of wasteland from an old railyard. At those places you often find decaying buildigs, so this creative freedom does not bother me. Off course it's not fully correct, but the autogen buildings at least look more correct and greograpghically fitting than in any other sim before.

And even with photoreal cities there are inaccuracies with details, cause the displayed scenery will always be as good as the source data. Which in case of google or bing is a good looking, but stil "rough/blurry" sketch to me. Fortunately there´s a lot going on in termes of freeware to enhance the default cities and I expect this sim gets improved ove time from the developers. As always with MS flightsims the community is the betatesters and the whole thing grows over time.

Alex
    Last edited by grunau_baby; October 4th, 2020 at 00:39.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble, Alex, much appreciated !

Downloaded and installed the fix but no time to have a look yet. Particularly in the second shot your town looks pretty good ! My own small village looks quite a bit 'mutilated' so to speak. Indeed huge buildings where they are absolutely not supposed to be. Houses that have sort of a 'skandinavian' appearance, no bright red houses/buildings around here in Holland. Lots of soft red roof tiles would've been a much better choice. True, the park next door, where i often walk my dog, is depicted in full glory.

I hope atleast something might have been done about the huge buildings with this patch.

Thanks again and thanks for the link, John !

Javis,

the fix really saved it for me. In the rural lower rhine area there were those big square blocks in the fields were there are only smal farms and little villages. All looks in proportion now.

Alex
    Last edited by grunau_baby; October 4th, 2020 at 13:14.

That"s not an airstrip, but a piece of wasteland from an old railyard.
    In North Québec, which I'm going around these days, it is a cosy airstrip.

I've installed it and will eventually give it a real good look. Thanks for the time you took to make the research and come back to us.

Just a note to say, that with the new update released today (1.9.5.0), you should no longer need the temporary file I provided in this thread, so you can go ahead and delete it from your Community folder if you have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Just a note to say, that with the new update released today (1.9.5.0), you should no longer need the temporary file I provided in this thread, so you can go ahead and delete it from your Community folder if you have it installed.
    I guess I was wrong. I did some more flying today, without the addon file I shared earlier in this thread, and the tall buildings from the previous patch are still an issue with 1.9.5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I guess I was wrong. I did some more flying today, without the addon file I shared earlier in this thread, and the tall buildings from the previous patch are still an issue with 1.9.5.0.
    Apparently there are a couple of small updates in the content manager related to the Japan scenery that fix the problem. Haven't had chance to try it myself yet though.

The patch will just remain in my addon folder for now to not spoil my flighing fun:-). This way it´s easy to check out if a further patch will solve the issue by just removing it for a test flight.

Alex

Members who have read this thread: 0