wop fw190 p47 to huub

Thread: wop fw190 p47 to huub

wop 190/ p47

hi
    I was looking through my saved download discs from a fair time ago and came across the wop 190/p47 downloads. I only fly locally at whatever airport im at and don't need to see ordinance. these two aircraft have them a lot .I discovered that in the p47 I could swop the airfile to one that has no tanks etc . this wont work on the 190 ive tried swapping textures ,renaming etc and nothing ive tried works. so the query is is there a way to get clean 190s
    thanks
    greycap

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi
    I was looking through my saved download discs from a fair time ago and came across the wop 190/p47 downloads. I only fly locally at whatever airport im at and don't need to see ordinance. these two aircraft have them a lot .I discovered that in the p47 I could swop the airfile to one that has no tanks etc . this wont work on the 190 ive tried swapping textures ,renaming etc and nothing ive tried works. so the query is is there a way to get clean 190s
    thanks
    greycap
    airfile should read MODEL file

Greycap,

You are talking in riddles for me. The each WOP P47 model has only one single model file and they all come with ordinance according what I see. Most WOP FW190 models only come with a single 300 liter droptank.
    You can make a the ordinance on the P47 disappear like you can drop the droptank on the FW190 models, but this an animation and not a different model file......

So I wonder with what file did you swap the P47 file and what are you trying to achieve with the FW190?

A puzzled Huub

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi
    thanks
    greycap
    Try going into the aircraft.cfg file, find the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section and set the entry for the external tank to zero.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

wop

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Greycap,

You are talking in riddles for me. The each WOP P47 model has only one single model file and they all come with ordinance according what I see. Most WOP FW190 models only come with a single 300 liter droptank.
    You can make a the ordinance on the P47 disappear like you can drop the droptank on the FW190 models, but this an animation and not a different model file......

So I wonder with what file did you swap the P47 file and what are you trying to achieve with the FW190?

A puzzled Huub
    the p47 has numbered model files I picked model no 30 as that was the one that has no ordinance . alter that number in each aircraft cfg and the rocket rails disappear. that doesn't work on the 190 . how to drop the tank on the 190 I couldn't see that in the manual? or in the aircraft
    Last edited by greycap; October 2nd, 2020 at 09:39. Reason: missed a point

Well I now understand what you have done, but actually I'm even more puzzled. Why do you purchase a package with 7 more or less authentic differents model from various sub-models from the P-47 the and replace them all by one single model?

The keys to drop your drop tanks for any model are set in FS2004. Use the drop down menu options from FS2004, select controls and assignments look for the drop tanks options and choose the option you want and the keys you want to assign. This work for any model which has the option to drop its tanks.

Cheers,
    Huub

wop fw190 p47 to huub

hi huub
    couldn't get the reply option to work
    the reason I brought the package was back when I had a few quid to spare . when I couldn't get clean aircraft or to fly as I like I stored them on a disc until two weeks ago.
    the reason for using the same model 30 file is that the rocket tubes stayed on until I used that file, that doesn't seem to work in the 190 . I tried to activate drop tank option in 2004 that doesn't work on either aircraft !
    so, until I can find out how to swap and rename bmp files in textures and entries in cfg files im stuck with only three clean options for wop190 aircraft to fly as I like.
    cheers
    greycap

As you can see I have merged both threads into one.

Attached you will find a zip file with the tank texture. I have "alpha-ed" the tank texture. Place the included texture in all the FW190 texture folders. The tank is still there only you can see in anymore.

I will have a look whether I can do the same for the P-47.

Cheers,
    Huub

Attachment 79335

As you can see I have merged both threads into one.

Attached you will find a zip file with the tank texture. I have "alpha-ed" the tank texture. Place the included texture in all the FW190 texture folders. The tank is still there only you can see in anymore.

I will have a look whether I can do the same for the P-47.

Cheers,
    Huub

Attachment 79335
    hi huub
    thanks for your time. but for some reason I cant get your zip to open into my computer it just downloads as an attachment and when I try to open it just stays as an attachment that only opens as another attachment. any clue as to what I should do or what im doing wrong so near and yet so far away.
    try not to give up on me
    thank you
    greycap

As I can download and unzip the file without any problem, I haven't got a clue why you can't. Can anyone else download the file and check whether it can be opened? Thanks.

No problem here Huub. Downloaded and extracted? Just one problem: I don't run FS9 anymore...

Priller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank.jpg  
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Don't try to open it when the attachment message pops up. Simply download it to your PC. Then go to your downloads folder and use 7zip to unzip it.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Don't try to open it when the attachment message pops up. Simply download it to your PC. Then go to your downloads folder and use 7zip to unzip it.
    hi
    downloaded 7zip . the attachment is in my downloads file . I managed to get it to unzip into a file then opened the file and there was the attachment tried to open it and it just opened with a message open or save or save as and it just keeps repeating to attachment.
    cheers for your time
    greycap

The problem is that I don't have clue what you are doing and therefore I simply don't know is going wrong. The process is quite straight forward and even without a compressing program like 7zip, winrar or winzip you should be able to use this file. I have the feeling you have downloaded the link instead of the file.

When you click the link in my post it automatically starts the download. The file is now automatically saved somewhere on your PC where you normally save your downloads. the file is called "tank_FW190.zip" and is 106 kB in size. When you double click it with you left mouse button you can see the contents, which is one single file called "tank.bmp". Now click on it with your right mouse button an select "copy".

Now you can copy the file where ever you like.

Cheers,
    Huub

The problem is that I don't have clue what you are doing and therefore I simply don't know is going wrong. The process is quite straight forward and even without a compressing program like 7zip, winrar or winzip you should be able to use this file. I have the feeling you have downloaded the link instead of the file.

When you click the link in my post it automatically starts the download. The file is now automatically saved somewhere on your PC where you normally save your downloads. the file is called "tank_FW190.zip" and is 106 kB in size. When you double click it with you left mouse button you can see the contents, which is one single file called "tank.bmp". Now click on it with your right mouse button an select "copy".

Now you can copy the file where ever you like.

Cheers,
    Huub
    thanks for all your efforts. I have eventually found where the file is , sadly it only opens in the inside of the file in computer language so I had this problem a while ago and im missing some sort of protocol all other files open ok . I thought it was fixed
    cheers for your help
    greycap

Just tried it out, on my Win10 pc and works fine, also on my XP pc.

Go to the original zip file, and click on it to open it, but don't use the unzip command, just drag the folder/file onto a blank area of the screen, this should do the trick OR

I've attached the tex non-zipped, so just download, and change the extension from .jpg to .bmp, simples...

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Just tried it out, on my Win10 pc and works fine, also on my XP pc.

Go to the original zip file, and click on it to open it, but don't use the unzip command, just drag the folder/file onto a blank area of the screen, this should do the trick OR

I've attached the tex non-zipped, so just download, and change the extension from .jpg to .bmp, simples...

Cheers

Shessi
    hi again
    I got the zip from your file by dragging and dropping put it in the texture ,didn't work, renamed it and deleted the original same result got your non zip picture changed it to bmp put it in the texture file in another aircraft that partially worked but now I have a tank shaped light bulb effect . so i'm obviously corrupting the file . you say you have win 10 /xp I have win 7 so there must be some conflict. or I need a new computer. thank you very much for your time. I will now delete all the attachments, zips and files and have another go ,after a cup of tea !
    best wishes
    greycap

For .zip files there is no real difference between both Windows version. The way a .bmp file is displayed is the sim is controlled by the model and FS9, from which we both have the same versions.
    So there is definitely something you do wrong and there is no better way I can explain what you have to do than what I already did.

Cheers,
    Huub

For .zip files there is no real difference between both Windows version. The way a .bmp file is displayed is the sim is controlled by the model and FS9, from which we both have the same versions.
    So there is definitely something you do wrong and there is no better way I can explain what you have to do than what I already did.

Cheers,
    Huub
    hi again .
    one last try if you don't mind. I finally got your attachment on my screen but it only opens in code any idea what protocol im missing
    thanks again
    greycap

What do you have on the screen? The .zip file or the image which was in it? Judging your message I think you are looking at the binary code of the image. In more common language; the ones and zeros how a computer stores an image. This means you are opening the texture, which is a step too far.

Ensure you have the complete tank_FW190.zip file on you desktop and just do what I described in my post from yesterday's evening at 23:56

Cheers,
    Huub

What do you have on the screen? The .zip file or the image which was in it? Judging your message I think you are looking at the binary code of the image. In more common language; the ones and zeros how a computer stores an image. This means you are opening the texture, which is a step too far.

Ensure you have the complete tank_FW190.zip file on you desktop and just do what I described in my post from yesterday's evening at 23:56

Cheers,
    Huub
    hi again
    i got it .however it worked on the two dash eights but the other tanked aircraft now have tank shaped light bulbs under them .
    thanks much stay safe
    greycap

Sorry but now I ran out of ideas. I think for these models reflection has been switched on. In this case the alpha will not make tank disappear, but will make it extremely glossy. I'm afraid this will be the same for the P47 models as they are all "reflective".

Just stick to the FW190 A8 models, they were the best anyhow

Cheers,
    Huub

Sorry but now I ran out of ideas. I think for these models reflection has been switched on. In this case the alpha will not make tank disappear, but will make it extremely glossy. I'm afraid this will be the same for the P47 models as they are all "reflective".

Just stick to the FW190 A8 models, they were the best anyhow

Cheers,
    Huub
    hi
    I can drop the tanks and bombs on the 47s shift d/w and in the cockpit.do you know of any dash 8 textures

There were two, I didn't do that long ago :

Uffz Willi Maximowitz

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...lli-Maximowitz

and Oblt. Karl-Heinz Koch

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...arl-Heinz+Koch

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0