CFS3 Battle of Britain Install update is out!
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 5,960.00 USD (60%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2021 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: CFS3 Battle of Britain Install update is out!

  1. #1
    SOH-CM-2021 Pat Pattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newton Abbot, Devon. Dear old Blighty
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,739
    Blog Entries
    1

    CFS3 Battle of Britain Install update is out!

    Hi All,

    At last and due to the immense contributions of Daiwilleti, Mongoose and Capt Winters the BoB install update is finally available for download.

    It contains many new aircraft, airfields, facilities, buildings, vehicles and ships. There is an absolute stack of new missions plus all the various spawns etc. that accompany them'
    There are also many changes to aircraft damage and effects files.

    I've compiled this lot but it's purely due to the above three chaps for all of these features.

    Thanks also to the original raft of contributors, please read the credits.

    Lastly, there will no doubt be errors and omissions, please be patient and report any you find so that fixes can be made.

    Download links are from the website below.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

  2. #2
    Thanks Clive.

    I have the original installed, can I just apply the update?

    Kev

  3. #3
    The installation instructions say to load it over the top of the Alpha install. I already have the mk 1 version from 2018 installed. Shall I assume the 2020 version of mk 1 still goes over the top of that, or do I need to start over with the Alpha install?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

    Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

    US Army Ordnance Corps.

  4. #4
    SOH-CM-2021 Pat Pattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newton Abbot, Devon. Dear old Blighty
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,739
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sorry, maybe the installation instructions are a bit vague.

    Install it over the top of the original Alpha version.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

  5. #5
    SOH-CM-2020 mongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Navigator, where are we?
    Age
    76
    Posts
    2,794
    Pay attention to the download site in that one wants the second set of links for the update! As a matter of interest, I am going to try and install over the old update first as otherwise I will have to download the original again. Will let all know the result!

    Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Hi All,

    At last and due to the immense contributions of Daiwilleti, Mongoose and Capt Winters the BoB install update is finally available for download.

    It contains many new aircraft, airfields, facilities, buildings, vehicles and ships. There is an absolute stack of new missions plus all the various spawns etc. that accompany them'
    There are also many changes to aircraft damage and effects files.

    I've compiled this lot but it's purely due to the above three chaps for all of these features.

    Thanks also to the original raft of contributors, please read the credits.

    Lastly, there will no doubt be errors and omissions, please be patient and report any you find so that fixes can be made.

    Download links are from the website below.
    Forgive me for being a complete noob on this, but I have a few questions:


    • I have a vanilla CFS3.1a installed, do I have to copy that to install BoB over that?
    • How about compatibility with Win10?


    Any other advice would be hugely appreciated!

    Priller
    Intel i7 9700K
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard
    Asus RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  7. #7
    Looking good.

    Just a quick and dirty test, will start to work on the settings.

    Cheers Clive.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Forgive me for being a complete noob on this, but I have a few questions:


    • I have a vanilla CFS3.1a installed, do I have to copy that to install BoB over that?
    • How about compatibility with Win10?


    Any other advice would be hugely appreciated!

    Priller
    Belay that. Figured it out in the meantime

    priller
    Intel i7 9700K
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard
    Asus RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  9. #9
    Small issue.

    10 11 and 12 group flags missing.

    Just noticed some pilot images also missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 group.jpg   10 group1.jpg  

  10. #10
    Member sixstrings5859's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,524
    Blog Entries
    1
    Outstanding news ! Thanks to all for the work involved. Regards,Scott

  11. #11
    Can someone give me a pointer to the right custom settings to make this look as good as possible? I've got a fairly decent rig and I would like to get the most out of this.

    Thanks a million in advance!

    Priller
    Intel i7 9700K
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard
    Asus RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  12. #12
    Downloading now, a pleasant surprise for today, thanks to Clive, Daiwilleti, Mongoose and Capt Winters for finishing it.

  13. #13
    SOH-CM-2021 Pat Pattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newton Abbot, Devon. Dear old Blighty
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,739
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    Small issue.

    10 11 and 12 group flags missing.

    Just noticed some pilot images also missing.
    Thanks Kev. The flagpoles are definitely in the buildings folder, I've omitted to add them into the airfields!

    I can't make out the text in that error message, which one(s) are missing?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

  14. #14
    SOH-CM-2021 Pat Pattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newton Abbot, Devon. Dear old Blighty
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,739
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Can someone give me a pointer to the right custom settings to make this look as good as possible? I've got a fairly decent rig and I would like to get the most out of this.

    Thanks a million in advance!

    Priller
    Hi Priller, have a look in the included Documentation folder in the update, it has the "Ground Crew" instructions on how to get it looking it's best.
    There's also a link to Ankors Shader pack which is a must have!

    Cheers,

    Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

  15. #15
    Thanks for looking Clive.

    The missing Pilot BMP`s are lee, lacey and lewis. They are default pilots and my install will not let me delete them.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Kev
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 group1 (Medium).jpg  

  16. #16
    SOH-CM-2021 Pat Pattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newton Abbot, Devon. Dear old Blighty
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,739
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    Thanks for looking Clive.

    The missing Pilot BMP`s are lee, lacey and lewis. They are default pilots and my install will not let me delete them.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Kev
    Hi Kev,

    The missing pilot and Group images are here:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15hp...ew?usp=sharing

    Just pop the uires folder into your CFS3 BoB install.

    I think these issues will be sorted when Daiwilleti's new BoB campaign is released.

    In the meantime I hope it doesn't spoil the fun!

    Cheers,

    Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

  17. #17
    Thanks Clive.

    Sorted.

    Oooooo a new Campaign.

  18. #18
    I have my campaigns, spawns and spawn selector files installed on my BoB. Will the update overwrite any of those?

    Thanks.


    My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

    My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

    My Personal Facebook Page.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Hi Priller, have a look in the included Documentation folder in the update, it has the "Ground Crew" instructions on how to get it looking it's best.
    There's also a link to Ankors Shader pack which is a must have!

    Cheers,

    Clive
    Thanks Clive!

    Cheers,

    Jan
    Intel i7 9700K
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard
    Asus RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

  20. #20
    SOH-CM-2021 Pat Pattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newton Abbot, Devon. Dear old Blighty
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,739
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have my campaigns, spawns and spawn selector files installed on my BoB. Will the update overwrite any of those?

    Thanks.
    Hi Mitch, it shouldn't do, everything in the update is new.

    Cheers,

    Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

  21. #21
    Member sixstrings5859's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,524
    Blog Entries
    1
    Best news i've heard in years ! Can't wait to get up and running again for this. Hopefully after recovering from the hurricane i can get my wings again. I'ts been a while and i miss it so.

  22. #22
    SOH-CM-2020
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aotearoa, New Zealand
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjmaint View Post
    I have my campaigns, spawns and spawn selector files installed on my BoB. Will the update overwrite any of those?

    Thanks.
    Hi Mitch, my spawn set will not overwrite yours - both can sit compatibly!

  23. #23
    I'm getting an error message when trying to open the effects.xml file with a xml editor..." effect50 position ".

    When I open using Wordpad and search for effect50, the line entry positioning isn't following in proper order.

    The error starts with Alpha install and carries over in the Update.

    Any ideas? The sim starts and runs, despite the error, but I don't know if there'll be problems when I throw in GC Searchlights.

  24. #24
    SOH-CM-2020 mongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Navigator, where are we?
    Age
    76
    Posts
    2,794
    Have you tried just opening the xml with notepad; that's all I ever use. Notepad++ is also good for finding the lines! If you are using Ankors Shaders30 you don't want to use the GC Searchlights, but the TOW ones.

    Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Have you tried just opening the xml with notepad; that's all I ever use. Notepad++ is also good for finding the lines! If you are using Ankors Shaders30 you don't want to use the GC Searchlights, but the TOW ones.
    Thanks for the reply...

    Don't like NotePad; use NotePad + + sparingly and use WordPad and/or conversions to Excell when xml won't open. I prefer an xml Editor, just my "anal" side.

    Ok, excuse my ignorance: TOW? If it's better than GCS, I'm all in.

Members who have read this thread: 75

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •