Menu for MSFS Apps

Thread: Menu for MSFS Apps

Icon5 Menu for MSFS Apps

I prefer to run MSFS in Full Screen - it's a bit faster and more immersive, in my opinion.

But there is a bit of a problem. When you run in Full Screen, you lose all access to any apps as icons on your Windows desktop, Start Menu or Taskbar.

If, for example, I'm running MSFS and I would like to have a moving map that's a bit better than the built-in VFR Map, I could start VFRMap and Chrome, or I could start FSTramp. Those apps are on my Desktop, but I can't get to the Desktop without pausing the sim and going to Windowed Mode.

I have found one way to access my MSFS apps in mid-flight, even in Windowed Mode.

And I am wondering if you know of any other ways of accessing MSFS-associated programs from within MSFS?

My current solution is an old, obscure Windows application, "Hidden Menu". It can be popped up in a corner of the MSFS screen with a list of your favourite programs.

https://download.cnet.com/Hidden-Men...nd%20shortcuts.

But maybe you know a better way of launching companion apps for MSFS when in Windowed Mode?

When I need something outside of FS in full-screen, I hit the Start key and that gives me my taskbar as well. The sim keeps running normally. I read somewhere that it's not truly "full-screen," but a borderless window scaled to the monitor. I'm not sure what the technical difference is.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

A second monitor really helps in that regard. You can still access your task bar and place the ATC and VFR map (which has disappeared on my install...can't seem to get it back even after a complete reinstall) on the second monitor and keep the main screen pristine. I also use Little NavMap on the second monitor which is a real plus when flying the bush trips.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Old trick from a CFS1 diehard; Alt Left + Enter key.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Members who have read this thread: 0