P3D_V5 CeraSim in P3Dv5

Thread: CeraSim in P3Dv5

CeraSim in P3Dv5

I have some parts for a new PC build coming and I’m debating about purchasing and installing P3Dv5 once I’m up and running.

I routinely used the Cera Sim AS365 Dauphin in v4.5 but noticed a recent Avsim thread from the past week indicating that the Dauphin is not fully compatible with v5 due to yaw issues (no control ability) and possibly lighting issues.

Can someone confirm full functionality of the AS365 in P3Dv5? This includes full cyclic, collective, and anti-torque (rudder) control in ground and in flight, as well as working avionics and lights. I know there is a compatibility thread stickied but I want to see more than a “it loads in the sim without ctd” assessment.

This may make or break my v5 choice depending on compatibility of this and a couple other models.

Thank you.

Sean

I used it briefly a few weeks ago and it seemed normal, I didnt notice anything that would suggest a non compatible addon with v5, the only one I havent checked is the 222

I was going to say in generality. Usually if an aircraft and gauges are compatible in v4.5, it usually doesn't have an issue with V5. Internally, I don't think they are honestly much different. They both require 64-bit gauges, etc. Only thing that might not be happy, I'd imagine would be installers probably. Manual portovers I don't think would be a problem. But that's just speculation on my end.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Sean Ive just had another look

the yaw isnt an issue, yes the vc lights need some work, however thats an easy fix by adding a dynamic light effect into the 2 overhead lights, the gauges are dim but readable

The v4.2 autopilot works with a slight modification to the aircraft cfg

Thanks for confirming, Matt. I greatly appreciate it.

What is the cfg modification for the AP? Would look it up myself but have nothing installed right now pending the new system.

Members who have read this thread: 0