OMG OMG OMG... VR flying is finally in my hands

Thread: OMG OMG OMG... VR flying is finally in my hands

Cool OMG OMG OMG... VR flying is finally in my hands

I've been waiting for this all my life. Got my Valve Index this past weekend and after a few initial hiccups getting things sorted out visually... This is so cool. I've been away from FS anything for years. Got Prepar3d a couple years ago, but it just seemed more like the same. Even got a 3 monitor setup which was awesome... but reduced the frame rate down too much in dense areas. Now I have a VR headset and a 2080 RTX Super and wow. Just wow. The feeling of immersion. Especially when doing maneuvers... it is hard to describe. (I had a trackIR too, but that pales in comparison). The spatial awareness is unreal. I mean very real! Wish I could post 3D screenshots.

Now I admit the detail isn't as sharp, but.. it is hard to describe. The depth perception, the realism of looking around... One of my happier purchases, to be certain.

I actually felt cramped in the P-38 cockpit.

Going to try DCS world next.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratermaker View Post

Now I admit the detail isn't as sharp, but.. it is hard to describe. The depth perception, the realism of looking around... One of my happier purchases, to be certain.

I actually felt cramped in the P-38 cockpit.

Going to try DCS world next.
    I love this, it's exactly the thing that really got me into FS development - the reality of VR. It's coming to MSFS soon too, that'll really be something!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 0