Msfs 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Msfs 2020

Msfs 2020

Somebody please tell me this latest (today) update isn't another 7 hour download. There is a new update isn't there?

Blog Entries
    It is the Japan scenery update. Not sure how long it takes. I haven't opened MSFS yet. Just got back home.

I will do so now and tell you how long it took.

Okay, it was 661.x MBs and it took me about a minute at 60-68 MB/Sec. Damn thing tricked me into downloading MS Gaming Service, however.

Disregard: After starting the game I had an 8+ GB download awaiting me.
    Last edited by jmig; September 29th, 2020 at 08:47.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

On Steam, my initial update was ~300mb. To access the Japan World Update download, you must add it to your account via the in-game marketplace (it's free).

Edit: Upon restarting the sim, after already downloading the Japan content from the marketplace, I was met with an ~8GB update.

It said that I have to go to Microsoft Store to up the program before I download the update; then all I get is "error" & nothing I do fixes it.
    Time for Microsoft to stop bulls*&^^%(g us & fix this POS.

Ok, downloaded 661 of "donīt know what" that was a quick one at 90-130 mps, now downoloading patch 1.9.3.0 8.75 Gb and then going to get Japan...glad I have optical fiber....

OK, I installed it yesterday, didn't have time to try it, started today: mandatory 600Mb update, started again, 8 Gb update, pfffff... and there isn't even a single warbird in the game, what am I doing here?

and how do I get rid of that extremely annoying 'soothing' music??
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    and how do I get rid of that extremely annoying 'soothing' music??
    There is an option to choose no music, though it actually does play for a few seconds until your preferences are loaded - at least it did on my original 1.7.x.x version until I gave up and just let it play. There's an option in the sound settings to mute the entire sim when it's not the focused window, which means I'm not having to listen to anything while I'm here typing while the download continues.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    There is an option to choose no music, though it actually does play for a few seconds until your preferences are loaded - at least it did on my original 1.7.x.x version until I gave up and just let it play. There's an option in the sound settings to mute the entire sim when it's not the focused window, which means I'm not having to listen to anything while I'm here typing while the download continues.
    I found an easier way. I just turn the volume to 0.

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I found an easier way. I just turn the volume to 0.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2023
    My original download was an hour on fiber, 18 min for update. Update about 30% of original time.

I now have the update downloaded (5+ hours), but I now have only 2 aircraft. Anyone got any idea of how I get the other 29 back?
    Really this is beginning to be a royal pain in my patoot.
    P.S. How does one download a clean sheet of this software?

My update took about 30 minutes total. I see the sensitivity setting windows are fixed, I also noticed that the Airbus 3rd party updates were zapped by the update (black instrument displays in the VC). I simply moved those 3rd party folders into an isolation folder I created in the Community folder, problem solved. So far, I like what I am seeing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 8.78 GB update came out to actually be almost 24.5 GB.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Yep, almost 25 gig total. About 2 hours download time to the PC. CDT on launch, but OK now. Japan scenery ok I guess. Need to see if they modeled the Fukashima reactor complex.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    ok, how do i get rid of that extremely annoying 'soothing' music??
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Patch

Yes the update turn out to be ~quick , so now we have to fly in Japan for a while , now when some type of autogen buildings in Europe get big as Las Vegas Hotels !

So I finally have the latest updates & the MSFS software installed (4 hrs.) after getting halfway & having my internet line interrupted (start all over). And I'm still missing 29 aircraft from my orig. download. Come on Microsoft get your act together. It really is a POS.

Log in and check the marketplace to re-download. This happens with this update when people have their sim installed to a non-default location.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Everything pre release talked about this being a bandwidth dependent game. Better the bandwidth the better the game experience. This includes updates.

It drives me nuts hearing people complain about download times. Did you not read about this pre release?

If you have a slow internet connection, upgrade it. If you can't for whatever reason put up and shut up. It's not Microsofts fault.

TW
    PTO RS MP Missions nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLMot-_Vik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Wow... Get up on the wrong side of the bed today??

This issue has nothing to do with bandwidth. The release notes for the patch state that if your install is in a different location than default, you'll need to go to your content manager to re-download the content you own.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

This issue has nothing to do with bandwidth. The release notes for the patch state that if your install is in a different location than default, you'll need to go to your content manager to re-download the content you own.
    I didn't have to do that. I have the super deluxe or whatever its called version bought from the MS Store and have it installed to a different drive to the default and everything was still there after the update, the only thing I had to go to the marketplace for was for the free Japan update.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Did you do your original install in that spot or move it via Windows after?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So what's the deal with that note about crashing if you don't open the VFR window after opening a flight?
    I have gotten three CTD's since I loaded the update, and I now get this long pause after I switch a mode or something, like change the time on the fly. Didn't get that pre-latest update.
    Do I need to open the VFR map window when I start up now to avoid a CTD?

Did you do your original install in that spot or move it via Windows after?
    That's where I installed it originally, on my D drive BTW.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56