Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS out! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS out!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    And I didn't meant to imply I was negating your desire for door/window animation! We all have aspects we care about.

My guess is it's an SDK documentation issue, or it's not a standard part of the sim as it was previously. Or maybe just devs focused on the flying part right now. I'm sure things will look a lot different in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Or maybe just devs focused on the flying part right now.
    That's pretty much the answer right there. The support is already in the sim, likely carried over from FSX. You'd be shocked at how much is actually left over.

Edit: Looks like they found some of it and emptied it out. When I first installed 1.7.3.0, the old FSX flight lesson certificates were still there!
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 7th, 2020 at 12:54. Reason: Addendum
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It's just an animation. It's not like there's no support for doors opening in the software.

Patch 1.4:

Someone asked about door opened?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That top hinge on the door looks like it needs a little repair... I do realize these Bird Dogs get beat to poop...

Looks right to me:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Can anyone who owns the Bird Dog please tell me whether it uses the new Wwise sound engine or if it uses the legacy sound engine? And does it have a soundai folder? If it uses the Wwise format, the sound folders will contain a single .PCK file, if it uses the legacy engine it will be the familiar .wav files and a sound.cfg. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Looks right to me:

Oh!... Well, there you go

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Oh!... Well, there you go
    So I'm considering buying this. I need another floatplane, and the Savage Cub is pretty fun, but seems a bit overpowered? My goodness.

Do those of you who have it still find yourself flying it? Have most of the issues been fixed (that can be)?

(I'm not concerned about water effects, I know there are some issues there with particle effects at the moment. Nor am I concerned at all about GPS, I'm a steam gauge seat of the pants VOR/NDB guy ( I know, I'm gonna have to learn how to use the GPS effectively someday). Mostly, how's the cockpit doing?)

Edit: Ah, screw it... I bought it... no sense in waitin'

I think you'll like it, FlyingsCool. Latest release is really solid. Only issues I've had are some water takeoff issues, which I think are sim-related rather than specific to the plane.

New week, new patches (how many?) :

Fixed flickering to/from HSI flagsDG ALIGN KNOB adjust + 1 click drift reset
    Corrected Fuel Valve - AUX now left ON SW
    Fixed TBI Needle movement scale
    improved prop discs Transparency
    removed coloured tip from rear prop & disc
    3 x Additional liveries Malta, Vietnam, Italian Float
    Replaced stall warning sound
    Remodelled standby compass
    Carb heat initiated & lever adjusted
    fixed Gear height when used for Ai
    Added ATC Designators / Callsigns
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0